Romanian Wasr-10 Barrel Threading issue

I am planning on threading my Romanian Wasr-10, I took off the barrel nut expecting threads and no threads. I plan on using the CNC warrior kit I ordered. My problem is that there is too much barrel shroud exposed and I cannot find a good part to space between my FSC muzzle break once I do thread this AK. I'm also worried about timing the threads. Thought this would be less of a problem but with excess exposure of the barrel its really put a hault to my project. I have up loaded several pictures with the muzzle brake in which you can see the barrel pertruding into the brake and the other without the break. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks.

post-44614-0-98339800-1349127834_thumb.jpg

post-44614-0-51745300-1349127850.jpg

In this situation I would probably have a smith cut & recrown the muzzle to the proper length and do the threading for you all in one shot. Make sure that it can be threaded to 1/2x28 before you do anything - this is typically what people do with machined-down muzzle threads. This limits you from using most typical AK muzzle devices, but there are quite a few made specifically for this purpose, especially from CNC Warrior, who offers a number of typical AK muzzle devices threaded for 1/2x28.

Timing the threads is not usually a big deal, since AKM muzzle devices have a detent pin on them. I would suggest you look for a muzzle device that has multiple detent pin cuts on it, but this sort of limits you to non-directional muzzle devices such as birdcage flash hiders. The usual method for adjusting a loose muzzle device is to insert a metallic or teflon washer, or simply file the back side of the muzzle device until it's able to time up with the detent pin and sit tight against the FSB..

It looks like you'll also need the FSB plunger & spring.

Edited by mancat
  • 4 months later...