Legion 030 magwell magazines

We have the new SGM magazines for the Legion 030 type factory magwell Saiga 12 shotguns in stock.

http://store.carolin...Saiga-12/Detail

post-9063-0-06462300-1349201187.jpg

• Like 1

They will not fit the Vepr. There will be a different mag for the Vepr 12 we will have available as soon as they are released..

Why isn't it interchangeable with the Vepr 12? I don't understand why it wouldn't be.

The mag catch on the magazine is slightly different. You could make a Vepr 12 mag work in the S12 magwell, but probably not the otherway around.

S12 has the little notch on the back

20120922_151702_zps189c27c9.jpg

• Like 1

... please tell me these work with the LRBHO...

sorry but they do not. the vepr mags will not either. we have tried but we would have to seriously change the molds and the way the magazines are manufactured to achieve that.

sorry but they do not. the vepr mags will not either. we have tried but we would have to seriously change the molds and the way the magazines are manufactured to achieve that.

Dangit. How about a new mold and a run of them in clear poly? I know, keep dreaming...

If something is worth doing, then it is worth doing right. Time to break out new molds. bad_egg.gif

Edited by sapper1371usmc
  • Like 1

I've had some of the 12-round SGM magazines for my Legion 030 for a few weeks now. The do not work with the LRBHO, and in order to use these magazines I have to remove the LRBHO lever.

The issue is that the rounds sit too far back, and each round would push the BHO lever up and engage it. Once I took the LRBHO lever out the magazines would cycle rounds without an issue. I was really hoping to retain the BHO, but unless you want to spend a lot of cash on the 8-round Russian mags, as of right now there is no other choice.

I've had some of the 12-round SGM magazines for my Legion 030 for a few weeks now. The do not work with the LRBHO, and in order to use these magazines I have to remove the LRBHO lever.

The issue is that the rounds sit too far back, and each round would push the BHO lever up and engage it. Once I took the LRBHO lever out the magazines would cycle rounds without an issue. I was really hoping to retain the BHO, but unless you want to spend a lot of cash on the 8-round Russian mags, as of right now there is no other choice.

Damn. When they said they won't work with the LRBHO I was thinking they just wouldn't activate the lever. But having the remove the lever altogether totally kills it for me:-(

• Like 1

Damn.

That's really a bummer. We had a chance to really bring the Russian mag well shotguns to the masses with relatively inexpensive domestic magazines.

Hope you guys can come up with something soon.

I have to agree with lelandEOD

The LRBHO is a big deal and I hope there is some way a new mold will be possible.

• Like 2

Dang, you guys give up too easily.

Here you have a mag that is, let's say 98%, and you're all sad about that last 2%?

There are guys on here that can solve all of that in their sleep.

98% is a stretch. I am NOT bad mouthing SGM. They make excellent products. However, making a "magwell" mag specifically for the Saiga magwell and one for the Molot magwell but not incorporating the LRBHO to work, and actually having to remove the lever, is a big deal. I mean, I can just modify my current r-n-l mags to work like these.

Solving the issues in your sleep? An jury rigged lever actuator is hooky. I dont have a ton of confidence in a bent piece of sheet metal that is taped onto the follower. Besides that, the shells will probably still sit too far to the rear and activate the lever unexpectedly. Kinda what Tony was talking about in his thread that went south.

Again, I wish SGM all the best. I'm just disappointed that they won't work like hoped.

• Like 1

wait, why would you want to remove the lever. we are testing some design changes today to try to get the mags to work with the lrbho. the vepr shotgun mag we have already works with the shotgun with no modification, it just doesnt activate the lrbho.

wait, why would you want to remove the lever. we are testing some design changes today to try to get the mags to work with the lrbho. the vepr shotgun mag we have already works with the shotgun with no modification, it just doesnt activate the lrbho.

I didn't want to remove my LRBHO lever, but I had no choice as each round would engage the lever as they were fed so the bolt locked back each time the gun was fired. The shells sit too far back compared to my stock Russian magazines to work correctly.

That would be nice considering all the magwell Saiga12s have the LRBHO.

• Like 1

I just don't understand the logic. You design two mags from scratch and not incorporate the LRBHO feature that both the 030 and the VEPR 12 have? Is there a good/practical reason for this? Can't believe that this is an oversight.

So currently the magazines will work for the 030 and vepr 12, but just not activate the LRBHO ? No modifications to the firearm to have the magazines work?

According to JayLT4, no. With his, the shells ride too far back. He had to remove the LRBHO lever altogether. See post#16.