Saiga-12 with Magpul 870 fore-end

Yo 50.

That's amazing work. Awesome video.

I have to tell you, it's beyond my abilities. I don't have mill. There's alot of handy folks around here, so I may be in the minority, but I suspect others would be willing to pay for a setup forend with the hardware. I know I would.

• Like 1

Yo 50.

That's amazing work. Awesome video.

I have to tell you, it's beyond my abilities. I don't have mill. There's alot of handy folks around here, so I may be in the minority, but I suspect others would be willing to pay for a setup forend with the hardware. I know I would.

Yeah Ive thought about offering to do it for a small fee but it can be done with a hacksaw or a Dremel. Maybe Magpul will see my video and make one for the Saiga-12....we can hope right lol.

Im uploading the video now so as soon as its done I'll edit the first post and put it there.

Looks good! You need an extended mag release!! PM me your address and I will send you one.

Jack

I bet he just wanted everyone to know what cool shit was on his gun too. Very nice. Nice how to vid. Edited by rnemhrd

Great video!

As an alternative for the tab, you can buy a piece of aluminum stock from home depot that is 1/8" x 1/2" that will fit into the slot on the handguard (that's what I ended up using). Since I have a top rail on mine, my handguard sits a little lower so the tab doesn't have to bend, but I do have to have a spacer under the gasblock. I'm going to try and build a recoil lug into this spacer to work double duty.

• Like 1

This took me back to when I went to machining school. I miss that old Bridgeport mill and the Cincinnati lathe I used. I don't miss the 22 ft bed Poland lathe much though. None of the controls were in English, lol. I was always slow on it, but nobody else could run it.

The work looks great and I have a great appreciation for your ingenuity. Very well done. When I give a compliment like that, it really means something and it was earned.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

This took me back to when I went to machining school. I miss that old Bridgeport mill and the Cincinnati lathe I used. I don't miss the 22 ft bed Poland lathe much though. None of the controls were in English, lol. I was always slow on it, but nobody else could run it.

The work looks great and I have a great appreciation for your ingenuity. Very well done. When I give a compliment like that, it really means something and it was earned.

Thank you sir

I'm seriously considering this, though my SAW grip is by Tapco. Anyone know how the green Magpul furniture matches up with Tapco's green?

They looked pretty good match on my cousin, Salt's, setup. He got everything in Tapco OD and then switched out for an aluminum tube, folder and MOE stock. They look like they go together.

Good thread- I do like the look and feel of many of magpull's products. Most of the time though it seems like people are doing a lateral move just to be jumping on a trend when they swap out parts to magpull. This one though, looks great. I don't like a fat grip and that looks stylish and comfortable.

Thanks GF. Here's what I've got right now:

Saiga-12_ODinfo.jpg

The Intrafuse HG is slim, and the Magpul AFG fits it nicely, but so long as an AFG can go on the 870 HG, I'd be all over that.

Edited by Corbin

This is the best video you have done.

Thanks.....I plan on only getting better sir! I have another "drum fun" video to upload and the next video we are planning on doing is a very good video on one handed and two handed manipulation of the Saiga-12 weapon system...maybe some AR and side arm.

Edited by BLK-HWK-VET

I got some 1/2"x1/8" aluminum flat-stock at the hardware store yesterday, and a Magpul 870 fore end on order. I got some Devcon epoxy, formulated for extra plastic adhesion. I think what I'll do is put notches or teeth in the aluminum bar that slides into the Magpul's groove with a file, and seat in there with the epoxy, and that should provide a good solid hold, and one less fastener I'll have to deal with.

I'm also thinking about trying to get a washer red-hot with a propane torch, and pressing it into the Magpul's slot for the screw that connects to the underside of the FSB and gas port area, since I don't have a mill to easily or neatly relieve that area otherwise. Then trim away the melted plastic with an exacto knife. Since my furniture color scheme is black, I figure I'll have more leeway with this approach.

Then after seeing how it all holds up, I'll tap the aluminum tab that goes into the receiver and the receiver for a button head hex screw if need be, but I'm hoping for an interference fit.

• Like 2

I got some 1/2"x1/8" aluminum flat-stock at the hardware store yesterday, and a Magpul 870 fore end on order. I got some Devcon epoxy, formulated for extra plastic adhesion. I think what I'll do is put notches or teeth in the aluminum bar that slides into the Magpul's groove with a file, and seat in there with the epoxy, and that should provide a good solid hold, and one less fastener I'll have to deal with.

I'm also thinking about trying to get a washer red-hot with a propane torch, and pressing it into the Magpul's slot for the screw that connects to the underside of the FSB and gas port area, since I don't have a mill to easily or neatly relieve that area otherwise. Then trim away the melted plastic with an exacto knife. Since my furniture color scheme is black, I figure I'll have more leeway with this approach.

Then after seeing how it all holds up, I'll tap the aluminum tab that goes into the receiver and the receiver for a button head hex screw if need be, but I'm hoping for an interference fit.

Good idea!.....I see your in Milwaukee....thats where Im from. I grew up in Wauwatosa.

• Like 1

West Allis here. cool.png

Although WI wasn't on course to get CCW, I'd have seriously considered moving by now.

I went to West Allis Central! Does WI have CCW? I have mine and I'll be up there for X-mas and was wondering....last I heard it was.

West Allis here. cool.png

Although WI wasn't on course to get CCW, I'd have seriously considered moving by now.

I went to West Allis Central! Does WI have CCW? I have mine and I'll be up there for X-mas and was wondering....last I heard it was.

Yeah, I worded that badly. I meant to say I'd have seriously considered moving if WI wasn't on course to get CCW back in 2010 after the elections. It passed, and went into effect last Nov. Been carrying since.

I live about 7 blocks from Central. smile.png

• Like 1