http://store.carolin...nd-guard/Detail

http://store.carolin...gas-tube/Detail

I have above set up on a 7.62. Also have standard AK bottom hand guard retainer with new GB and FSB on a 5.45. Aside from hand guard notches in barrel you will still have to file the barrel some for the lock down lever.

545wCL2.jpg

Do some searching and read around in the forum, you will find additional options.

Good luck.

This might help some too.

http://forum.saiga-1...ion-part-4done/

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1

Any gas tube saiga specific will fit without removing the front sight block. And the lower retainer linked will work without removing the front sight block. These should work with all the hand gaurds that require the retainer. They just have a little different design.

Any gas tube saiga specific will fit without removing the front sight block. And the lower retainer linked will work without removing the front sight block. These should work with all the hand gaurds that require the retainer. They just have a little different design.

I like that bolt on HG retainer. It say's it's "billet"... but billet what? Aluminum (I'm guessing because it's also states it's "anodized") or steel? I'd much rather have that part in steel (I've used aluminum sling plates on shotguns, they hate them. The aluminum is soft and wears/deforms VERY rapidly).

I like that bolt on HG retainer. It say's it's "billet"... but billet what? Aluminum (I'm guessing because it's also states it's "anodized") or steel? I'd much rather have that part in steel (I've used aluminum sling plates on shotguns, they hate them. The aluminum is soft and wears/deforms VERY rapidly).

Your options are limited if you arent willing to remove the FSB and do the whole thing(not knocking it at all, i didnt do it on mine). The options arent very diffrent if you arent going to do the whole conversion so its really that or nothing at all. Simple Google work will find the items you need. And trust me, it will hold up WAY better than that tapco shit they produce.

Your options are limited if you arent willing to remove the FSB and do the whole thing(not knocking it at all, i didnt do it on mine). The options arent very diffrent if you arent going to do the whole conversion so its really that or nothing at all. Simple Google work will find the items you need. And trust me, it will hold up WAY better than that tapco shit they produce.

I think you misunderstood me... I really LIKE that design! I was just hoping it was made of steel instead of aluminum, as I'm not sure which it's made of? If it's aluminum.. I wish someone would come out with the same design in steel!

check out dinzagarms....he will have the the bolt on STEEL retainer. it is of very high quality and is also a forum sponsor.

I think you misunderstood me... I really LIKE that design! I was just hoping it was made of steel instead of aluminum, as I'm not sure which it's made of? If it's aluminum.. I wish someone would come out with the same design in steel!

I have the one from CSS, its aluminum. But to its defense, it seems very well made and Ive never heard of anyone having a problem with them.

I like that Dinzag's version is STEEL. That's the one I'd go with. Steel beats Aluminum (especially for barrel-retainer contact) anyday. I'll be ordering one myself (for my Romanian AK, as a back up), but it's "pre order status only" at the moment. I love CSS, and no offense to them, but they should stop carrying the aluminum versino and start stocking the STEEL one. There is a HUGE difference between STEEL and aluminum, as far as how they react to heat, and aluminum has no business being in direct contact with a steel barrel.

edited for spelling

Edited by Brian M1