Choke adapter 10 slot brakes coming soon

We have had several request for different variations of our 10 slot brake. Here is what we have coming in the next week. One is our standard 10 slot brake that measures 2.56 inches long, the other is a shorter version of the same thing that measures 2.2 inches long and the last one is our longer brake that is internally threaded to accept any choke that uses Winchester choke threads. The last one will ship out with our full choke installed in it. They will be finished in black oxide. Both of the brakes are $34.99 and the one that is threaded for the chokes are $44.95. The choke adapters will be available on the web next week.

Scott

Choke adpter

200-113-10%20slot%20w%20choke.jpg

• Like 4

Cobra,

I will measure it up when I get back in th office tomorrow....

Sunnybean,

It does cover up the slots. We are having the hardened to hopefully avoid messing up the internal threads so it can be used as a f/h but I am not sure how that is going to work out yet. I have to do some "testing" to see how if affects the threads.

scott

• Like 1

IMHO better make 3 type of flash hider without inserts: cylinder (IZMASH / Molot do), half chock, full chok.

Model on the pic is dummy flash hider, do not have any advatages to short Molot muzzle attachments (full/half choke), that also has thread for Muzzle brake/ flash hider.

It's cool to have FH and choke capability. That had been talked a long time ago like Cobra said, but nobody did it. But without a choke in there, the threads would get trashed immediately.

Since there is not enough barrel thickness for internal and external threading - (also discussed a lot), you'd ideally want to weld on the FH and have the barrel threaded for internal chokes. You'd use an extended choke wrench to change them.

• Like 1

IMHO better make 3 type of flash hider without inserts: cylinder (IZMASH / Molot do), half chock, full chok.

Model on the pic is dummy flash hider, do not have any advatages to short Molot muzzle attachments (full/half choke), that also has thread for Muzzle brake/ flash hider.

I assume you are referring to something like these...........they are in work as we speak.........should be ready in a couple weeks......

5271774.jpg

• Like 4

I assume you are referring to something like these...........they are in work as we speak.........should be ready in a couple weeks......

5271774.jpg

Very good! If you are going make replicas of Molot chokes from the pic, why do you need to make dummy flash hider with inserts, that does the same work but more complicated?

5271774.jpg

Now we're talkin'. Was at the gun club today and a member asked if I shot clays. I told him the saiga was my only shot gun. He said I would have a rather large handy cap with it. One of those chokes and a GK-01 and I should be ok I think.He did say it was a fun league and as long as it was a shot gun Edited by rnemhrd

5271774.jpg

I'd be very interested in a product such as this. What choke models (full, mod, imp mod, etc) will these be manufactured in?

Thanks

Eric

Close, but the slots are not long enough and missing the wrench cuts.

If it was an exact copy of the Russian 10 slot muzzle brake AND took chokes, I WOUND DEFINITELY BUY IT!

mdizhmashstyleflashider.jpg

This isn't an exact copy-- It is a significant improvement. DPH does sell a clone of the ruskie 10 slot, if that's what your heart desires.

If it was an exact copy of the Russian 10 slot muzzle brake AND took chokes, I WOUND DEFINITELY BUY IT!

This isn't an exact copy-- It is a significant improvement. DPH does sell a clone of the ruskie 10 slot, if that's what your heart desires.

As I understand correct with replaceable chocked inside this model will not be significant improvemen, because there are not any holes/slots for gases - so it will be a dummy flashider, it is - as made chock insert in a first chamber of GK-01 that will not work.

Clarification: I meant that a part that only served a cosmetic function now is useful as a choke. Hence it is better than a flash hider alone. It is unclear from the pictures at the moment whether the slots are past the choke, or blocked by the choke tube, but it looks like the slots are after.

these wouldn't do any more braking than a standard 10 slot FH, which is none.

The 10 slot flash hider serves no real purpose other than as a thread protector, and I suppose a breaching stand-off for the 50 people in the world that actually blow doors open.

Edited by GunFun

Clarification: I meant that a part that only served a cosmetic function now is useful as a choke. Hence it is better than a flash hider alone. It is unclear from the pictures at the moment whether the slots are past the choke, or blocked by the choke tube, but it looks like the slots are after.

these wouldn't do any more braking than a standard 10 slot FH, which is none.

The 10 slot flash hider serves no real purpose other than as a thread protector, and I suppose a breaching stand-off for the 50 people in the world that actually blow doors open.

IMHO is cheaper to make modified flash hiders (cylinder/half chock/full chock) without any inserts - just three of four types (+improved cylinder).

Edited by PapaZorro

How so? If you buy a set, winchokes can be as cheaply as $10-15 each. $35 each is about the cheapest I could see something like this being sold for at a profit.

DPH- will this work with extended chokes or paradox?

As I understand correct with replaceable chocked inside this model will not be significant improvemen, because there are not any holes/slots for gases - so it will be a dummy flashider, it is - as made chock insert in a first chamber of GK-01 that will not work.

Sounds good to me... As long as it LOOKS like it, I will call it good enough.

If you just make this one on your website accept chokes.... you have me sold.

200-150-10%20slot%20russain%20fixed.jpg

Edited by lokmeup

IMHO, no any advantages comparing to Molot choke models pictured above: cost of the production will be higher and no thread for Muzzle brake or Flash hider.

PS. DPS, I hope, you know that Saiga-12 has differ internal diameter of the barrel then Vepr-12.

Edited by PapaZorro

Ok...several questions and comments here so I will do my best:

This "adapter" is our longer 10 slot Saiga brake with the internal threads to accept the Win chokes.... The choke DOES cover the slots (asthetic design only not functional with the choke installed).

PAPA: Your right

"IMHO is cheaper to make modified flash hiders (cylinder/half chock/full chock) without any inserts - just three of four types (+improved cylinder)."

But this is what i have been asked to make.....we have several "modified f/h's" on the drawing boards that will come to life somewhere down the road. Our next one will be the Russian chokes pictured above that will accecpt a standard Saiga 12 f/h.

As for the Vepr 12's, I have a few of them on the way to us from one of the importers so we can start designing accessories for it as well so thanks for the heads up on the bbl internal diameter.

Scott

We have been getting lots of calls about these adapter, I was at the shop tonight picking up some things and while I was there I checked on these. The shop says they will be ready next week. I will keep my fingers crossed and you guys up dated.

Scott

• Like 2

5271774.jpg

Maybe you'll add the model like this Molot Paradox for muzzle brake/ flash hider?

13482137.jpg

• Like 3

What's the purpose of the in-between chokes? To get a desired spread at a given distance? I was real gung-ho about the polychoke, until I realized I would only use full (or extra?). The other reason is I read that rifled slugs "grooves" are for them to pass through chokes. Is that accurate at all? It would be badass for a vendor to make a choked break.

The in between with the male threads is to have a choke and be able to use a break also.

1 Suggested model by dph is based on a Molot flash hider not Muzlle brake (there are different purposes of FH and MB)

2 When you put chock inside of FH it will not work as FH as all holes will be closed.

I believe he was asking about intermediate constriction, such as improved cylinder or modified.. He kind of answered his own question though.

different loads will have different pattern density at different ranges. People tuning for specific things predetermine what shell they will be using and typically choose the choke which has the most even dense dispersion of pellets in a circle about 20" at that chosen range. this page is pretty thorough in explaining how to be scientific about it. http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2c.shotguns.htm I am too lazy to do that much work, but you can see where the advantages in taking real care come in to play.

If you want the same pattern at the same range, but use bigger or smaller shot, you may need to go up or down a choke...

Improved cylinder is between cylinder and full, and is generally considered to be the best smooth bore choke for using with slugs.

The in between with the male threads is to have a choke and be able to use a break also.

1 Suggested model by dph is based on a Molot flash hider not Muzlle brake (there are different purposes of FH and MB)

2 When you put chock inside of FH it will not work as FH as all holes will be closed.

I totally misunderstood what he ment. Fun fun got it.