Furniture Options for .308 VEPR

So soon I will be an owner of a nice 20 inch, .308 VEPR version 2 rifle. It even will come with a Csspecs 20 round magazine. :D

I want to fix it up sorta like a battle rifle. What are my options (slant cut receiver.... mad.gif ). I'd like to go with a warsaw length polymer stock, matching foregrip and pistol grip too. But wood is also appealing, I like the original style without the lightening cut on the side. I'd go for a blonde color for it, maple if I could.

VEPR RECEIVER ADAPTER SYSTEM (RAS) $39.99

VEPR RECEIVER ADAPTER SYSTEM (RAS)

While VEPR's are arguably the finest AK's currently on the market, many consider their stocks less than desirable, especially for the tactical shooter. Until recently, you had very little option for aftermarket stocks because of the VEPR's atypical angle cut receiver.

We have a solution though! Our RAS will allow you to remove the original stock and place any aftermarket grip and stock on your VEPR with a custom look and fully functioning weapon.

What makes our's great? You simply remove the existing stock/grip and insert our two piece adapter. The primary support plate is the 'meat' of the system, giving it rigidity and structure. The casing is then placed between your aftermarket grip (not provided) and the grip bolt tightened. Then you place your aftermarket stock (not provided) into place and secure it with the two screws from the prior stock or use the two new screws we send with the system. You do not modify your original receiver. You do not cut off any tangs. You do retain the original receiver configuration and value! Now your VEPR has an aftermarket stock, grip and a clean finished look to the receiver. As with most applications of this sort, some minor gunsmithing/fitting of the aftermarket parts may be required. With the enhanced support plate, aftermarket stocks will require some shaving/shaping to fit.

That's one of the things that would allow you to use traditional stocks on the slant cut receivers, I think its pretty cool. Not mine, just found it on the net.

Gas tube you can use an ak 47/74 , you just have to file the bottom edge where it goes into the rear sight block because barrel is thicker on the vepr, and handguard, well, css is developing vepr stuff, or you can try to fit saiga 308 wooden handguards. By the way is it a integrated gas block sight post or version 1?

If its the integrated, you are out of luck, none will fit, it is a different tube from the rest of the ak world. Handguard maybe a saiga 308 Midwest industries ss will fit, but not sure.

. . . I want to fix it up sorta like a battle rifle. . .

You might consider checking out Ronin's Grips homepage (sorry; I won't post a weblink here because Ronin's is not a business member). They very recently came out with new Vepr furniture: Russian Vepr polymer Buttstock; Russian Vepr Polymer Handguard; Russian Molot Grip and Russian STK Grip. They also provide an option to purchase all three component parts as a set (rear stock, forend handguard, and grip), the set goes for $160.

Good luck!

~Gary

Edited by Gary
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the top and bottom one. Nice.

I went with Ronin's Grips foregrip. Looks good too and he was very patient and understanding in regards to my analystic tendencies/perfectionist side of wanting the foregrip to match the color of the stock.

Here she is.

gallery_33361_710_1303573.jpg

Edited by ShadowFire
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have recently picked up a 1998 Vepr 308 that I believe was imported by Robinson Armament.

The adapters I have seen all say not for Robinson Armament. Is there any solution so I may change the stock set to something more modern and comfortable?

It just comes down to a custom job. You need an adapter that matches the different angle on the Robinson VEPRs. I don't even know what the measurement is for the Robinson VEPRs, mine is a TGI VEPR. I'd have to measure one to know what you'd be dealing with.

I hear tail that the Ronin's Grips stock will fit the Robinson Arms VEPR without an adapter. It's not my cup of tea but you could contact him if you like it well enough to buy it.

The angular info on the Robinson VEPRs seems hard to find so, without one in my hand it took me some time to track down any info about the problem on the web. I guess there are many many more Arsenal and TGI VEPRs out there than Robinson versions.

Nothing huh??? I would really prefer something different than the thumb hole stock sad.png

I made my own from 16 ga. sheetmetal and painted to match. Turned out nice.

You don't need an adapter to mount the stock, just some kind of cover plate to hide the slant cut on the receiver.

My '99 Rob Arms .308:

Vepr006_zpsf58c128a.jpg

• Like 2
Vepr006_zpsf58c128a.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't know if I am capable of pulling off the work you did above so it looks like I will have to take it to a gunsmith and get them to custom fit something up for me.

By the way that thing (^^^) looks TITS for sure! I hope to have mine looking like that someday.

Edited by Cbass