Practice Day With My Saiga 12>>>>>>>

That is the pistol grip I intend on getting when I convert.

Those grips are so comfy.

Does that come as a whole kit with the stock too?

And the adjustable cheek rest looks quite functional, I've never seen that before.

What are the stats on the add-ons?

Nice pics man, also good job on taking the initiative to get some formal training. If you take a Tactical Shotgun class let us know how much flack you catch for showing up with a Saiga. You'd be surprised at how many so called Industry Experts just don't seem to get it yet. You may be the one who finally enlightens them you'll know you did it when they shoot it and a sparkle shows in their eyes.

Nice production on the website. You can get a jam nut to correctly index that brake with the solid side facing downward. If you were firing it with the solid side facing up and to the left like it is in the pics on the table, that would tend to throw your slugs higher and left, unlike low and right where the holes are in your target. wink.png

That's odd, I see your catch about the orientation of his brake. However, if you look at his first article about the gun, he has it indexed correctly with the chaos jamb nut.

And the adjustable cheek rest looks quite functional, I've never seen that before.

I think all of your questions are answered in the article I did which documents the pistol grip conversion process I undertook when I got my Saiga:

http://thrumylens.org/featured/my-saiga-12-pistol-grip-conversion-project/

Nice pics man, also good job on taking the initiative to get some formal training. If you take a Tactical Shotgun class let us know how much flack you catch for showing up with a Saiga. You'd be surprised at how many so called Industry Experts just don't seem to get it yet. You may be the one who finally enlightens them you'll know you did it when they shoot it and a sparkle shows in their eyes.

I've already taken quite a bit of flak from many folks. :) I think for my uses and purposes, the Saiga 12 is a great choice.

I think all of your questions are answered in the article I did which documents the pistol grip conversion process I undertook when I got my Saiga:

http://thrumylens.or...ersion-project/

Well it's a good start, but it says nothing about what kind of stock and grip you got....................

I think I've found out from looking at different pics that it's an ATI Scorpion kit.

Well it's a good start, but it says nothing about what kind of stock and grip you got....................

Sure it does - a complete list of the parts I purchased and installed is on page 2:

http://thrumylens.org/featured/my-saiga-12-pistol-grip-conversion-project/2/

• 2 weeks later...

Nice taste in guns and camera equipment. I have a few Canons.

If you plan on removing and reinstalling the FCG, I recommend the following items to make life easier. Hemostat and dental pick to deal with the BHO spring. Axis pin retaining plate and modified BHO from CSS. I didn't have the hemo or pick when I did it initially. I was so frustrated I didn't want to take it back apart so I could send my parts to Pauly.

I had the same cobalt drill bit. I also had a hell of a time drilling. Then someone asked me if I used cutting oil. Who'd a thunk it?beaten.gif

• 1 month later...

One drop of nail polish on the thread works pretty well. Easy enough to break with a screwdriver if you need to back it out.

Loctite will lose some of it's adhesive properties if it's old and you didn't keep the cap on tight. It sets in the absence of oxygen and deteriorates when exposed.

If you really want it to stay on, try some of the wicking loctite, just make damned sure you want it to be on there permanently or you'll be grinding a grip nut from the inside or drilling the head off the bolt.