Magazine Interchangeability for the VEPR 12

So after reading several other threads about magazines i have decided to compile some images of the different magazines that could possibly work for the vepr 12. and when i say work i mean with the LRBHO as well.

factory molot magwell mags- this will definitely work!

vepr12mag.jpg

legion 030 magwell mags- these are supposedly supposed to work in the vepr 12 according to some overseas users.

izhmash030mawellmag.jpg

SGM 030 magwell mags

as one guy on this forum has shown these for the most part work correctly with the saiga 030s,

anybody know if they will work on the vepr 12?

030mag.jpg

S12 mags modifed for SGM or JTE magwells- i actually have a jte magwell and like it so i am hoping that the new vepr 12 i have on order will take the mags i already have for the JTE magwell, but i have no idea. and it looks like the follower maybe different.

s12modifiedmagformagwell.jpg

i know the pictures don't show a lot of detail but for the most part they appear the same to me.

i am sure some of our business members have some knowledgeable insight. so what do you guys think?

Wish I could help steve but I have no idea. I would think it would be easier for you to get them in the UK than we can here in the US.

And I can't wait to try the vepr 12 sgm mags out. I did not include them on the list because I couldn't find a picture of them. The wait for these guns and mags is killing me! I wonder how close they will be to the 030 mags?

Today, on Moscow International Exhibition ARMS & Hunting 2012, I spoke with Chief Constructor of Molot Mr Sergey Urzhumtsev about Vepr-12 magazine interchangeability, and Sergey told me that Vepr-12 mags MUST fit to Saiga-12 with mag-well such Saiga-12-30 and vice versa. He added that on early production of Vepr-12 Molot didn't have their own magazine press form so they sold Vepr-12 with Saiga-12 mags made by IZMASH!

Problem of Vepr-12 /Saiga-12 with magwell magazine interchangeability is a problem of exact mags made by MOLOT/IZMASH and QC during their production. Good quality mags are 100 % interchangeable.

• Like 4

Today, on Moscow International Exhibition ARMS & Hunting 2012, I spoke with Chief Constructor of Molot Mr Sergey Urzhumtsev about Vepr-12 magazine interchangeability, and Sergey told me that Vepr-12 mags MUST fit to Saiga-12 with mag-well such Saiga-12-30 and vice versa. He added that on early production of Vepr-12 Molot didn't have their own magazine press form so they sold Vepr-12 with Saiga-12 mags made by IZMASH!

Problem of Vepr-12 /Saiga-12 with magwell magazine interchangeability is a problem of exact mags made by MOLOT/IZMASH and QC during their production. Good quality mags are 100 % interchangeable.

Thank you! I love you man!

e19eac9e.jpg

Could Stock Saiga 5 round magazines be modified to function reliably in the Vepr12 ???

For example;

http://www.keepshoot...<!--NoParse1-->

saiga12magazinebig.jpg

The question is similar to this

Slightly off topic, will Saiga 12's mag well work on a Saiga 20 gauge? Thanks

IMHO better to buy that fix, then modify that does not.

Could Stock Saiga 5 round magazines be modified to function reliably in the Vepr12 ???

For example;

saiga12magazinebig.jpg

The question is similar to this

Slightly off topic, will Saiga 12's mag well work on a Saiga 20 gauge? Thanks

IMHO better to buy that fix, then modify that does not.

If the $12 mags could be made to work with a simple modification ... might be worth the effort???

For example;

saiga12magazinebig.jpg

Dose anyone have one of these and Izzy mag for side by side comparison. If this and the izzy works fine in saiga I do not see a reason for it not to work in Vepr. And now we know that izzy will work with Vepr.

Xgobudx,

The rock and locks can be modified to work, but there are better options.

Do you know the mod's required???

What are the better options?

Here is a link on how lokmeup modified his AGP mags to work...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/76816-iz-433-magwell-and-magazine-fitting/

Depends on what you want. If I wanted a low cap mag and LRBHO wasn't a big deal I would look at cutting down a SGM magwell mag.