which fsb option?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. which fsb option should mitch use?

• modify bulgarian fsb
    • sleeve journal and thread tip to m15

Hey folks,

I recently pressed on a krebs custom sight/gas block combo and am trying to decide what to do with the journal area from the old fsb. I'm between cutting off the old sight and installing it for the threads and bayonet lug or just leaving it off, sleeving most of the journal, and threading the barrel to m15. What are your thoughts?

I probably should have mentioned that my rifle is a 223 with the 16mm heavy barrel, hence m15 threads for the 15mm journal.

• 1 month later...

Sure... although I'm not sure why you'd want to hurt your sight radius with that long of a barrel...

1: It's discontinued, and from the company correspondence I received when I first asked about it, they have no intention of making them again.

2: I ended up selling the rifle, but it was a pretty good block, right height and dimensions and everything. It does not have the m24 threads like a Bulgarian, and also does not have a bayonet/accessory lug.

I... think there are only two things really. It was a nice block. I'm totally happy with my Vepr though, so I don't really miss it much.

I know it's a lot better with a longer sight radius. But, I really like the looks of the front sight w/the gas block combination. Right now I have a TWS rail on it with the peep sight. What I'd like to do is put a gas block/front sight on it, thread the bbl, and put a fake can on it. I think that would look pretty decent! If I thought it would look alright I'd put a standard sight block on next to the gas block, but not sure if that would look good at all. I envy you having the Krebs, I think that would be perfect. I see a lot of custom setups, but nothing seems to show up for diy. If I can't find a combo block I'll probably just sell the 20". I've got a 16" too, can't see having both. Greg