New model for US Market

• 3 weeks later...

The "long ass skinny barrel" is normal for RPK-74M series which this is based on. The barrel was lightened to reduce overall weight when the RPK-74 was introduced. Because of the smaller diameter bore, overall wall thickness ends up being the same as 7.62 barrel.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

didnt even know what the hell it was until, I think it was you who mentioned it to me in a pm, and then after reading all the reviews, It was a no brainer. I was truly impressed enough to where I was like,
"oh shit! I better jump on this before someone else finds out how awesome it is and people buy them all up!" 

Sent in my notify me when this is in stock email to atlantic and I think with in the next few days they had it. Caught me off guard. Last of my panic buys. I am ok with them as they were on my want list and this just helped me finish it off. 

• Like 1

That thing is bad to the bone dude! I want those handguards. Where did you get that sling? I wonder why they are only importing them in 5.56?

Thank you much! I was very lucky. Guess there is one more batch coming in. Not sure if you know but this is an RPK. Also known as Vepr 1v. In 5.56. Has RPK folding stock rear trunnion and handguards. Adjustable RPK rear sight. Kindof like AES10b but instead of 7.62x39mm and being Romanian, it's 5.56x45 and Russian. I got the sling from russian sur+. net. Along with the FH & 1000m rear sight.

I believe 5.56 is just more of a us market round. I have no real idea why they came in 5.56. Some took the opportunity to get one of the RPK 5.45 barrels and had them swapped.

Kind regards

if it weren't for the sanctions, I would've guessed that these would be going on sale within another year or two.. there is never a high demand for the RPK rifles outside of the AK collecting world.

if it's anything like my AES-10B I expect this will be a really accurate AK, especially with some quality .223.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I had the chance to get one of these in march at my local shop. I've been pissed at myself since.

That really sucks. A few places have one more shipment coming in from what they say. Hope you get one buddy!B)
Do you know of any places to still buy one, and what is the current price? Thank you

What is a reasonable price? What did these originally cost.

not anymore, prices are stpid right now. I have a feeling they will come in again as VEPRS aren't banned. So whenever the factory decides to do a run on them, they'll be back in. The best price they were going for was $999. Mags are still really cheap so that has to tell you something