New model for US Market

Today, on Moscow International Exhibition ARMS & Hunting 2012, I made some pics of New Vepr .223 for US Market. Stock doesn't fold due to mechanism is welded on to the receiver. Here is this .223 IMG_1349.JPG

Good looking gun! I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and speculate that US models will not be equipped with an auto sear :)

• Like 5

It'll prolly have a 10rd. mag and a muzzle nut and maybe a one-piece stock and grip. I just hope they keep the reciever strait cut.

I'm sure the above will happen, but will it have a standard front end without having to buy a bolt on retainer??

If I had to guess, Id say it would since we can get the Saigas in with the front end work already done. Hard to say since those models dont have a PG on it.

Whoever designed that bipod/attachment is a complete dumbass. With the bipod at the end of that long ass skinny barrel, that gun is going to shoot way-the-fuck high when fired off the bipod compared to freehand. Trust me....I tested it back in 1989.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 3

Whoever designed that bipod/attachment is a complete dumbass. With the bipod at the end of that long ass skinny barrel, that gun is going to shoot way-the-fuck high when fired off the bipod compared to freehand. Trust me....I tested it back in 1989.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Just look at the location on the SVD.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

This is civil version of RPK 5,56 NATO, for people who like RPK, bipod placed the same place since 1961.

• Like 1

What kind of mag is that ? Sheesh that's a beauty

Looks like a Molot 45 rounder. Maybe more.

Some more pics of this Molot 45 rounder .223 mag

4974958.jpg

4974961.jpg

4974963.jpg

4974967.jpg

4974965.jpg

2512625.jpg

2512627.jpg

Very nice Papa. Thanks for the detailed pics. Id love to get my hands on one of these for my 5.45. Very pricey here and hard to find as well. Great pics as always Zorro!

Tony Rumore

Tromix

But it looks TACTICOOL! All the kids are doing it. bad_smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Long ass skinny barrel??? I'm pretty sure an RPK barrel is plenty thick. It's comparable to a 20" AR barrel except it's hammer forged making it multiple times stronger. All barrels flex, I'm yet to see one that flexes while handling it. I don't understand how anyone can definitively say something about a time tested, battle proven system because they "tested it" 24 years ago. And it wasn't an RPK-74M. Im sure it shooting high accounts for for all those dead Chechen's in Chechnya during both wars...

Long ass skinny barrel??? I'm pretty sure an RPK barrel is plenty thick. It's comparable to a 20" AR barrel except it's hammer forged making it multiple times stronger. All barrels flex, I'm yet to see one that flexes while handling it. I don't understand how anyone can definitively say something about a time tested, battle proven system because they "tested it" 24 years ago. And it wasn't an RPK-74M. Im sure it shooting high accounts for for all those dead Chechen's in Chechnya during both wars...

The AR was "battle proven" in Vietnam too... Doesn't mean that setup is the one every AR should have.

That bipod setup is better suited on the .223 shown as it has a auto sear and you aren't usually looking for tack driving accuracy out of a full auto. Even Molot uses a better design on the super veprs.

Vepr%20super%20med%20kinnst%20demper%20o

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Tony you are right on and its ugly to

• 1 month later...

They are going to US, as well as spare 45 Round Molot .223 Mags.

Do you know when the shipment is due to leave Russia and arrive in the US?
I have an info that Molot have sent them already. I don't have the info about the arrival, the Molot rifle importer has the info about arrival.
  • Like 1