ATTN Atlantic firearms

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal polici

the stocks are clearly take-off akm stocks modified to fit rpk receivers. They will no longer fit standard ak receivers. They have no collectable value as they are not military or factory original,

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02 If these bitches were directed at me,

Posted Images

Mississippi Auto Arms has the Wood Stocks as default on their Vepr-12 Order page:

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/russian-vepr-12-gauge-shotgun-molot-preorder-2-p-3219.html

Atlantic said in another thread they'd refund deposit or pre-pay on the preorder. You'd have to make sure of that for your order/circumstances. If that is possible, you could put in your order at Mississippi and get your wood stock.

Mississippi Auto Arms has the Wood Stocks as default on their Vepr-12 Order page:

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/russian-vepr-12-gauge-shotgun-molot-preorder-2-p-3219.html

Atlantic said in another thread they'd refund deposit or pre-pay on the preorder. You'd have to make sure of that for your order/circumstances. If that is possible, you could put in your order at Mississippi and get your wood stock.

But there is NO free extra mag.

Yg

Why is everyone assuming atlantic wont ship the stock customers want? Atlantic has the best customer service and will bend over backwards to satisfy their customers. By the way atlantic i want wood on both my veor12's.

Not sure if you're referring to me, but you quoted me. I am not assuming anything.

I don't care about the wood stocks.

However, for those that do, it does say right on Atlantic's Vepr-12 Page "Domestic Black Polymer rear buttstock"

Here, see this post. http://forum.saiga-1...om/#entry804611

According to that, Atlantic says the wood stock is an option.

"yes our guns will have the poly rear stock because we did not think a beautiful shotgun would look good with a wood stock that may vary in color and be used. We paid extra to have the guns upgraded so they would look normal . If you really want a wood stock we can do that but can not offer a choice of color and you must be aware that the wood stock sets may be used and blemished."

Edited by ec4321

http://www.mississip...r-2-p-3219.html

Why is everyone assuming atlantic wont ship the stock customers want? Atlantic has the best customer service and will bend over backwards to satisfy their customers. By the way atlantic i want wood on both my veor12's.

Because I asked them and they said no

Edited by defequisimo

I found their ordering a bit confusing. THey did say a buyer could choose, but I really did not see anywhere in the order process that seemed appropriate. I assumed (yeah, I know) they would ask us when delivery time came up like the magazines which will only be available for order when the guns ship. I was leaning toward the wood even if it is beat up. Stocks I can refinish. And the mass helps recoil.

The wood stocks are decent and look ok and vary in condition. Some are dinged or scratched and look better than others. Everyone needs to just calm down, I am sure Atlantic will try to accommodate everyone. After seeing both type of stocks it comes down to personal preference.

Also keep in mind the logistics behind how big of a nightmare it is going to be for Atlantic to keep up with who wants what after the order is placed if people are just calling and emailing to change the order. Please everyone be patient everything will be sorted out and be fine. Remember the people that per ordered are in the 1 of 1,000 club, is not having a grade 2 laminate stock more important than the gun? I would say hell no I want the shotgun because I can always change the stock whenever and to whatever later.

• Like 3

The wood stocks are decent and look ok and vary in condition. Some are dinged or scratched and look better than others. Everyone needs to just calm down, I am sure Atlantic will try to accommodate everyone. After seeing both type of stocks it comes down to personal preference.

Also keep in mind the logistics behind how big of a nightmare it is going to be for Atlantic to keep up with who wants what after the order is placed if people are just calling and emailing to change the order. Please everyone be patient everything will be sorted out and be fine. Remember the people that per ordered are in the 1 of 1,000 club, is not having a grade 2 laminate stock more important than the gun? I would say hell no I want the shotgun because I can always change the stock whenever and to whatever later.

My thoughts exactly. If I want the wood stock, I'll buy one later and throw it on. No reason to get butthurt over it. I'd take the gun anyday over the stock.

is not having a grade 2 laminate stock more important than the gun? I would say hell no I want the shotgun because I can always change the stock whenever and to whatever later.

Of course the stock is not as important as the gun. But wooden RPK stocks are not the easiest to come by. Ironwood charges $185, and Russian surplus is going to run a minimum of $150 once overseas shipping is factored in.

It hurts to know that a serviceable stock might be removed, and it will cost the buyer 15-20% of the value of shotgun price to replace it.

you may be right about the value of the new laminate rpk stocks however these are not new and are grade 2 with imperfections and color variances. i am just saying cut Atlantic some slack all the info they shared was provided to them which they passed along.

true captain hero and i need to look closely at the samples i have to see if they are a akm, rpk stock or whatever. i just know they are a grade 2 laminate ak type buttstock in varying condition and colors.

• Like 3

What's with folks telling other folks what they should want and what should make them happy?

BTW, Atlantic has already stated you can get a wood stock if you want - in writing. "If you really want a wood stock we can do that but can not offer a choice of color and you must be aware that the wood stock sets may be used and blemished."

Word is bond,

The wood stock in the original images is not an RPK stock. Looks to be more standard AKM.

You are right about the design of the stock, but, according to some others on these bords, where the stock meets the receiver is an RPK fit. If you want wood, these AK-cut RPK interface stocks might be kinda hard to replace; even if they are in bad condition, they might be a bit of a rarity.

• Like 1

What's with folks telling other folks what they should want and what should make them happy?

BTW, Atlantic has already stated you can get a wood stock if you want - in writing. "If you really want a wood stock we can do that but can not offer a choice of color and you must be aware that the wood stock sets may be used and blemished."

Word is bond,

You have to understand Atlantic cut hero some slack on his preorder deposit efectivly removing the thorn from his paw and he now rushes to defend them at every turn

Here, see this post. http://forum.saiga-1...om/#entry804611

According to that, Atlantic says the wood stock is an option.

"yes our guns will have the poly rear stock because we did not think a beautiful shotgun would look good with a wood stock that may vary in color and be used. We paid extra to have the guns upgraded so they would look normal . If you really want a wood stock we can do that but can not offer a choice of color and you must be aware that the wood stock sets may be used and blemished."

I'm going with that statement as the bottom line. The customer's choice will be honored.

I was not particularly interested in swapping the OEM configuration stock on a 1/1000 shotgun with a Tapco in all it's un-original glory. But I decided to go with Atlantic anyway because the deposit was reasonable and they were the most well-established dealer to trust with my money on an unreleased firearm. I bought my first rifle from them. I bought my frist Saiga 12 from them. I now bought my first Vepr 12 from them. I would hope to see that they honor what they say and that I continue to be their customer. Time will tell.

The wood stock in the original images is not an RPK stock. Looks to be more standard AKM.

You are right about the design of the stock, but, according to some others on these bords, where the stock meets the receiver is an RPK fit. If you want wood, these AK-cut RPK interface stocks might be kinda hard to replace; even if they are in bad condition, they might be a bit of a rarity.

ak and rpk stocks are interchangeable

no they are not, rpk receivers are 1.6mm thick and ak receivers are 1mm thick. the outside dimensions are the same, the thickness is towards the inside of receiver. to make an ak stock fit an rpk .6mm must be taken off each side and the bottom.

• Like 1

no they are not, rpk receivers are 1.6mm thick and ak receivers are 1mm thick. the outside dimensions are the same, the thickness is towards the inside of receiver. to make an ak stock fit an rpk .6mm must be taken off each side and the bottom.

yea, i know they will need to be fitted, i just mean that the way they attach is the same, most parts for aks need to be fitted anyway, though with the vepr12 it looks like it may have a slight angle to the receiver like a gun with an ak100 trunnion installed, i'm interested to see if they are cut at an angle and if it is the same as an rpk74m

Edited by Russian Hammer
  • Like 1

Just emaild them and they said no on the stocks that came with them.

I originally asked for the poly stock based on the report that the wood stocks were referred to as throw away's by Atlantic Firearms and that they may be in bad condition.

I have since asked them to change my order to which they said they "could not "

Well... I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of the situation and I am not at this point accusing Atlantic of anything.

I will however say this.

If these shotguns are being delivered to Atlantic with wood stocks and they can't simply leave the stock on the gun for me then I damned well better not see these same stocks come up for sale on their web site or anywhere else for that matter.

Why not. You would still be getting the deal you agreed to. That's what determines fair.

If you agreed from the begining to get a plastic stock, then whatever they do with the wood stock is none of your business. You still got exactly what you paid for and agreed to.

This does not prevent Atlantic from offering you more options, but they have no moral obligation to go beyond the terms of the offer.

yea, i know they will need to be fitted, i just mean that the way they attach is the same, most parts for aks need to be fitted anyway, though with the vepr12 it looks like it may have a slight angle to the receiver like a gun with an ak100 trunnion installed, i'm interested to see if they are cut at an angle and if it is the same as an rpk74m

The importer specifically answered that these would be square cut, and were not offering any slant cut options. I take that to mean they should take standard stamped AK stocks.

Why not. You would still be getting the deal you agreed to. That's what determines fair.

If you agreed from the begining to get a plastic stock, then whatever they do with the wood stock is none of your business. You still got exactly what you paid for and agreed to.

This does not prevent Atlantic from offering you more options, but they have no moral obligation to go beyond the terms of the offer.

I think some of the folks might get/be upset about the wood stocks because they were told they were junk and were better off being replaced with poly. If they were to learn, as there have been rumors now, that the wood stocks are in decent/good/excellent condition and then if they are stockpiled and sold for $150.... I think some folks may feel misled / cheated by that.

I.E. talked out of a valuable/desirable wood stock through misleading information.

For example, if my (non-atlantic) Vepr were to come with a total crap wood stock and I find out MAA and others have stock piles of 1st rate wood stocks for sale for $150 a piece from the people that took poly but they shipped me a crap wood stock selection so they could keep the firsts and profit, I will think that a bit unfair, even if within their prerogative.

e.g "No you're not wrong walter, you're just an asshole"

Edited by ec4321