ATTN Atlantic firearms

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal polici

the stocks are clearly take-off akm stocks modified to fit rpk receivers. They will no longer fit standard ak receivers. They have no collectable value as they are not military or factory original,

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02 If these bitches were directed at me,

Posted Images

I support Atlantic. In fact, I've supported Atlantic over the years with hundreds dollars of my hard earned wages. The truth is that I will likely swap out that stock with a collapsible AR style unit once my compliance options are figured out.

Bottom line: I'll be satisfied with the Vepr 12 with or without shipping or an original furniture option, but I do feel that when a business says what they'll do, then they should do what they say.

Follow Up: They did honor the wood stock request as stated...and its frickin nice.

I personally don't consider it a placeholder like the one on the Saiga, but rather the shotgun's original imported configuration and a good one at that. (although I am sure that Atlantic's heart was in the right place going with the swap to the polymer)

It has a very unique cross laminate construction in the buttplate area that I haven't seen before. Perfect solid construction (no cleaning kit hole) for a custom fit limbsaver.

I can picture it in a full wood furniture swap...a deep ebony stain with an oiled finish. Sweet.

Edit: I take one statement back...it sounds like it's hollow inside. May even be a spring in there...

Edited by Thor's Hammer

Just got my vepr 12 and all I can say is thank you Atlantic. They even shipped the gun with the original stock that i requested after i ordered. They made no promises but delivered it just as i wanted it. Thank you for working with me! I hope all is well up there and you guys make it through Sandy OK.

Same here. I thought you had to pony up an extra $35 for the stock they removed.

Nice, i didnt know requesting the wood stock was an option, or i would have. Damn shame, the less tapco furniture i have to throw in a fire the more i would have liked this shotgun.

All i did was send them a nice email about my order and asked them to send it with the original stock if they could. they replied that they would try but did not know if it would be possible. well they made it happen. it never hurts to beg!

All i did was send them a nice email about my order and asked them to send it with the original stock if they could. they replied that they would try but did not know if it would be possible. well they made it happen. it never hurts to beg!

I was about to do the same thing but didn't bother since other posted that their request were denied. Either way I am switching out the stock to a collapsable one. Two more days until my Vepr 12 got here.

ETA: Per FedEx tracking, my package got stuck in Maryland for the last 3 days due to hurricane Sandy. Look like I have to wait longer for my package since I am closer to the west coast.

Yg

Edited by YoungGun

I was about to do the same thing but didn't bother since other posted that their request were denied. Either way I am switching out the stock to a collapsable one. Two more days until my Vepr 12 got here.

ETA: Per FedEx tracking, my package got stuck in Maryland for the last 3 days due to hurricane Sandy. Look like I have to wait longer for my package since I am closer to the west coast.

Yg

I know what you mean about switching out the stock. the wood one is not very comfortable to shoot. i will most likely change it out at some point, but i am glad to have the factory stock and will hang on to it. i am sure you are counting the days till it gets here. it was like waiting for christmas morning for me it couldn't get here fast enough.

Now I am expecting a flurry of new posts about "dang my wooden stock hurts, what will reduce recoil" Then: Hey get one of those ugly sub-par grenade slip ons that don't work as well as the limbsaver slip on at wal-mart.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Vepr 12 last week from Atlantic (just before Sandy hit) and the dust cover was a tad crooked - not the rail but the cover itself - no worries. Also ordered the Bonesteel folding stock and just installed it and it fits and works great. Be aware that after you remove the Tapco stock's 2 screws you will have a hard time getting the stock out as it is in there real tight. Had to bang the hell out of it with a rubber malot and screwdriver to get it out but it WILL come out. Removed the pistol grip getting ready for a Hogue grip and found the pistol grip's screw and bushing were stripped so ordered and new screw and bushing from Mississippi Arms. Ordered a couple of 10-round mags as they are in now. Anyway, will post pictures later. Haven't shot it yet - dang busy at the job and no time for fun stuff. May be a couple of weeks when I take my boys (well, men - 23 and 20) out to shoot the Saiga, Vepr, Mossberg 500 and 590A1 - a shotgun fest. I heard some folks are picking up two Vepr 12s with the idea they may become hard-to-find after the initial sell off...???