ATTN Atlantic firearms

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal polici

the stocks are clearly take-off akm stocks modified to fit rpk receivers. They will no longer fit standard ak receivers. They have no collectable value as they are not military or factory original,

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02 If these bitches were directed at me,

Posted Images

If they really are $150, Ironwood Designs would be doing a lot more business. They sell new high grade US made complete RPK sets for $180 minus hardware. Quick searching shows RPK sets from Russia around $175 for the whole set.

However all the pictures I have seen or descriptions look like a standard AK laminate set. Those are about as expensive and rare as Louis L'Armour paperbacks.

the stocks are clearly take-off akm stocks modified to fit rpk receivers. They will no longer fit standard ak receivers. They have no collectable value as they are not military or factory original, they can have dings and dents and are missing hardware. They were clearly put on there with the intention of being taken off and thrown out. If you want a wood set you would be far far better off purchasing a complete wood set. If you think the stock is worth $150 I have tons of other garbage that you can appraise and buy off of me. Once things settle down, these stocks will be harder to sell than a saiga sporter take off. It is embarassing that this thread has gone on for so long, and that one of the most hard working, firearms dealers in the country, that has an amazing reputation for customer service above and beyond, is basically being attacked, and accused of shady dealings, for improving your firearm, by a group of people obviously ignorant to the situation, who have not yet realized how worthless these stocks are.

• Like 8

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal policies. And second, by doing what they can to improve the rifles, by adding extras such as a black polymer buttstock and a free magazine.

So far for their kindness they have been rewarded by the ignorant ramblings of a bunch of ingrates. First complaining about being mislead over free shipping, which if anyone had bothered to read anything about the situation, would have realized they were not at all mislead, and they just failed to read what they were buying. Then a bunch of complaining that they did not offer enough info about the magazines, which are a product made by someone else, that is brand new and they do not yet have in their hands, and were giving away for free, without a single question or complaint directed towards the manufacturer of said magazines. And now with a bunch of bitching virtually accusing them of stealing from their customers, what to anyone with any knowledge of the situation realizes is nothing more than garbage, in an attempt to sell said garbage at a profit.

So when Atlantic stops frequenting this forum, and valuing the feedback it should provide, you have no one to thank but yourselves.

Rant Over.

• Like 8

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientel here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal policies. And second, by woing what they can to improve the rifles, by adding extras such as a black polymer buttstock and a free magazine.

So far for their kindness they have been rewarded by the ignorant ramblings of a bunch of ingrates. First complaining about being mislead over free shipping, which if anyone had bothered to read anything about the situation, would have realized they were not at all mislead, and they just failed to read what they were buying. Then a bunch of complaining that they did not offer enough info about the magazines, which are a product made by someone else, that is brand new and they do not yet have in their hands, and were giving away for free, without a single question or complaint directed towards the manufacturer of said magazines. And now with a bunch of bitching virtually accusing them of stealing from their customers, what to anyone with any knowledge of the situation realizes is nothing more than garbage, in an attempt to sell said garbage at a profit.

So when Atlantic stops frequenting this forum, and valuing the feedback it should provide, you have no one to thank but yourselves.

Rant Over.

Ignorant Ingrates? Seriously? You insult your own potential customers for bringing up a post made by Atlantic regarding shipping and original stock availability?

That's some true genious at work there buddy.

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02

If these bitches were directed at me, I would not have posted, but would do whatever I could to make my customers happy, whether I thought they were wrong or not, but since it its not about me I feel I should defend atlantic, as they have never been anything less that one of the best, in terms of customer service.

I suppose I should have drawn the line before the ingrate comment, but most of the time I read the forums it is from the perspective of an enthusiast, who frequently purchases products for my own use from other vendors. Rather than from my stance as a dealer and business member. And my reaction was from the perspective of and end user who bought one of these from Atlantic and really appreciates what they did for us all here with this pre-order.

• Like 6

Everyone should just relax, not sure why it got so serious in here calling folks ingrates, etc for being concerned.

I couldn't care less about wood stocks.

However, for those that do - Atlantic already said in another thread, which I linked and quoted in a post in this thread, that if you want the wood stock they will accommodate that. Beyond that, it's speculation.

As far as I can see, after actually reading everything, and understanding (I believe) what has been said, I have to agree with ObiWanBonJovi. I recognize and appreciate him taking that position even if it impacts his sales. It says something positive about his integrity. The argument over free shipping is incredible BS. That was never the deal except for a friendly offer ONLY IF YOU BOUGHT MORE THAN ONE! The complainers simply have not been able to read and comprehend the stream of information. If they even actually read it all. Stocks issue, really don't have a position, but the hew and cry seems inappropriate. My perception is that Atlantic was trying to be nice. I could be wrong. But I have no idea if they make a bunch of money be paying for the installed compost stocks and selling the originals out of the back of a van (also has a great deal on name brand speakers) for an immense profit. It just does not feel like that. But I have no real information to invalidate that scenario. Nor can I invalidate that they are just being nice. A whole lot of people seem to be focusing on the firmer. They seem to have a very good reputation that belies chicanery.

Maybe a vendor would not really want to deal with people unable to stick to the point and understand what is going on. It eventually causes really annoying customer service issues. When the customers/complainers can not understand simple reality or plain language, they can be only a pain in the butt. Thanks Obi for correct and non-PC statement.

I think this has all gotten way out of hand. Sure some people including myself have questioned they way all of this has went down. And it has been made very clear that anyone who is unhappy can cancel there order and not receive the gun. I have no interest whatsoever in doing that. First and foremost I want the gun. The shipping, magazines and stocks are all secondary concerns. But as customers and enthusiasts I believe we have the right to voice our concerns as do vendors. I have stated that I do not think Atlantic is doing anything wrong at all. Maybe others feel that way and they are entitled to their opinions. I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax, we still have probably 2 more weeks before any of us get our hands on the fine shotguns. Once we all have them all of this nonsense will be forgotten and we can focus on getting someone to make us drum magazines, folding stocks, double stack mags and any other stuff we want to throw on these guns...lol Rant over.

Yes I am a business member, and realize that I may have just lost some customers with my rant, but I just couldn't watch this anymore without putting in my $.02

If these bitches were directed at me, I would not have posted, but would do whatever I could to make my customers happy, whether I thought they were wrong or not, but since it its not about me I feel I should defend atlantic, as they have never been anything less that one of the best, in terms of customer service.

I suppose I should have drawn the line before the ingrate comment, but most of the time I read the forums it is from the perspective of an enthusiast, who frequently purchases products for my own use from other vendors. Rather than from my stance as a dealer and business member. And my reaction was from the perspective of and end user who bought one of these from Atlantic and really appreciates what they did for us all here with this pre-order.

You as an enthusiast feel the need to defend Atlantic? From what? Customer expectations of included shipping and original stock availability? Then maybe while running defense you can manage to acknowledge where that expectation came from.

I support Atlantic. In fact, I've supported Atlantic over the years with hundreds dollars of my hard earned wages. The truth is that I will likely swap out that stock with a collapsible AR style unit once my compliance options are figured out.

Bottom line: I'll be satisfied with the Vepr 12 with or without shipping or an original furniture option, but I do feel that when a business says what they'll do, then they should do what they say.

If that makes me an Ignorant Ingrate, what does that make you Sir?

And I find it highly unlikely that atlantic will ever bend over backwards to please the clientele here as they did with these, first by stepping up and offering a pre-order against their normal policies. And second, by doing what they can to improve the rifles, by adding extras such as a black polymer buttstock and a free magazine.

Rant Over.

+1... Couldn't have put it better myself. You didn't loose me as a customer....

Anybody want any cheese to go with their whine. Give it a rest already guys. If you have problems, contact Atlantic directly and go from there. My point being, Atlantic is just as new to these guns as the rest of us.

• Like 1

The importer specifically answered that these would be square cut, and were not offering any slant cut options. I take that to mean they should take standard stamped AK stocks.

im not talking about slant cut, i mean like guns with an ak100 trunnion that have a 6 degree angle at the back of the receiver, take a look at the pic of the vepr12 on centerfire systems website, the rear of the receiver looks slightly angled to me, i'm not sure though

they are NOT slant cut in any way. it is still a vepr with a receiver thickness of 1.5 or 1.6 mm (can't remember which one) so some fitting will have to be done to put AK stock on them.

they are NOT slant cut in any way. it is still a vepr with a receiver thickness of 1.5 or 1.6 mm (can't remember which one) so some fitting will have to be done to put AK stock on them.

you're right, i just saw the pics on the atlantic arms website, but if you compare those to the stock photo on the centerfire website you can see why i thought they would have an angled receiver, the stock photo also seems to have a different trunnion (notice the lower rivet)

If they are replacing the "junk wood" stocks Then they would have no resale value. So just ship wood stock in box with gun as extra save them the trouble of thowing out.

BUT JUST FOR THE RECORD I'LL TAKE MINE HOW EVER THEY COME JUST GIVE ME DA GUN I WANT TO SHOOT PUMPKINShaha.gifred_heart.gifexciting.gif .

Edited by dogman33836

and here you go original wood stocks only $35. I wonder if Atlantic will ship these along with guns so we don't have to pay $12 shipping.

http://www.atlanticf..._category_id=25

if you order a stock and a gun they should ship them together, last time i ordered a gun and accessories from atlantic that's what they did, just make sure it's on the same order

if you order a stock and a gun they should ship them together, last time i ordered a gun and accessories from atlantic that's what they did, just make sure it's on the same order

Its a little late to be on the same order if you ordered your gun weeks ago and stocks just got listed today.

depends on if they have shipped yet, call atlantic and have them add the stock, if the vepr12 already shipped then you'll just have to pay shipping

Here is the post directly from Atlantic:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/80463-vepr-12-russian-shotgun-pre-order-atlantic-firearmscom/

"yes our guns will have the poly rear stock because we did not think a beautiful shotgun would look good with a wood stock that may vary in color and be used. We paid extra to have the guns upgraded so they would look normal . If you really want a wood stock we can do that but can not offer a choice of color and you must be aware that the wood stock sets may be used and blemished."

They were upfront and honest from the very first day they started taking preorders. On t of that they offered free mags. What the hell more do you people want. Shit they even allowed me to put $50 down to reserve one until I could pay the rest. Atlantic is first rate all the way and frankly I have to agree with Obiwans rant you guy are going a bit overboard with this whole stock issue. Funny thing is I am sure Atlantic will still accommodate you at the end of the day. Cut them a little slack and let them chime in. They're hearts were in the right place and they went out of their way to get the better stick for their customers. Worse case scenario you get your money back and go with one of the other vendors. Trust me I am sure there are enough of us satisfied customers to offset all you cranky ones who are pissed over a shitty stock.