Carriers; Polished Vs Pauly's IceRack. Up close comparison.

Just to clarify the difference between simply polishing, and IceRack... Up close, with pictures that aren't out of focus....

Polished Saiga carrier;

PolishedToIced002.jpg

IceRacked Saiga carrier;

PolishedToIced005.jpg

Polished Saiga carrier;

PolishedToIced001.jpg

IceRacked Saiga carrier;

PolishedToIced003.jpg

The reason there's imperfection where the handle meets the carrier, is because this is about to get an Inner Demons Vertical Charger, so it's about to get welded there. I didn't take the extra time to get in that particular tight spot yet because that's only the first pre-welding pass, but that pretty much sums up the difference between simple polishing, and IceRack's full carrier resurface and polish.

Thank you for your time.

Pauly

• Like 3

About right. The top one looks like mine. I did smooth the tool marks off where they meet metal to metal but the rest Can't compair to your work. I kind of like the industrial look though. You do great work. I just scotch-brited a bunch of chrome on my black pearl streetglide to give you an idea where my head is at.

Edited by rnemhrd

I see the difference between a good polish job and a poor one. The carrier in the first photo did not have the tool marks and scratches removed, which is sort of the definition of polishing.

I agree completely. (all the pics are the same carrier though)

But in this society, where "no child left behind" means "They're all gonna be fuckin' retards", where one of the most unconstitutional pieces of legislature ever passed and resigned is called "the patriot act", where the federal reserve, is privately owned, and the word "smart" as in "smart growth" is about the stupidest thing going on as far as the people are concerned, I figured arguing the definition of the word "polish" would be futile and counterproductive at best, so I just said fuck it, and made up a word. happy.png

About right. The top one looks like mine. I did smooth the tool marks off where they meet metal to metal but the rest Can't compare to your work. I kind of like the industrial look though. You do great work. I just scotch-brited a bunch of chrome on my black pearl streetglide to give you an idea where my head is at.

I hear ya'

Been thinking of doing a blacked out 95-97 Towncar eventually... I want everything to be subtle but also have a touch of class, so I'll be getting all the chrome trim & grill redone in midnight chrome, smoke the lenses, black centered wheels with midnight chromed rings etc..

One was polished by a dremel, the other, with magic.

lol.... 030.gif

I wish. rolleyes.gif

Shit takes forever.

021.gif You're such a funny character. Yes I can just see ya rollin down thru the hood in dat pimp daddyo ride with the words "King Of Bling" in gold leaf on the side. laugh.png

Did the person who sent that in happen to tell you if it was one they had attempted to make shiny themselves, or did they specify how it got to looking that way? Also while you are showing off your marvelously shiny work, and wasted shop hours removing FACTORY tool marks (so it's even possible to spend a little more time polishing and buffing to get a gleaming part to give away your position with.... rolleyes.gif ), please could you school us all some, with your infinite knowledge of shine, and explain to everyone again just exactly how it is that this effects the way the gun actually runs? You do know (right?), that anyone with the same cloth and wool buffing wheels, some white rouge, and a bench grinder (and mini die grinders with air) which we both use to get these results, can do so at home with their own time correct?

Oh and while you are at it.... Just why again is this posted in the S-12 section, when that is obviously not a part from an S-12???

Just what is the real underlying reason you posted those pics Pauly? Inquiring minds want tio know.....

Pauly, I ask this question sincerely, not being flip, snide or anything else. Does this level of polishing have a functional advantage? Of course it looks great, no doubt.

None whatsoever, and no worries.

IceRack's purely aesthetic. GlassBolt is where all the functional modifications are.

Well...

Actually...

If you were stranded in the woods, you could potentially use it to signal planes. smile.png

That's a function.

The charger it's going to have makes it quicker to charge while the shooter's hand remains on the PG though.

021.gif You're such a funny character. Yes I can just see ya rollin down thru the hood in dat pimp daddyo ride with the words "King Of Bling" in gold leaf on the side. laugh.png

Did the person who sent that in happen to tell you if it was one they had attempted to make shiny themselves, or did they specify how it got to looking that way? Also while you are showing off your marvelously shiny work, and wasted shop hours removing FACTORY tool marks (so it's even possible to spend a little more time polishing and buffing to get a gleaming part to give away your position with.... rolleyes.gif ), please could you school us all some, with your infinite knowledge of shine, and explain to everyone again just exactly how it is that this effects the way the gun actually runs? You do know (right?), that anyone with the same cloth and wool buffing wheels, some white rouge, and a bench grinder (and mini die grinders with air) which we both use to get these results, can do so at home with their own time correct?

Oh and while you are at it.... Just why again is this posted in the S-12 section, when that is obviously not a part from an S-12???

Just what is the real underlying reason you posted those pics Pauly? Inquiring minds want tio know.....

Ouch. unsure.png

I posted the thread to advertise IceRack and Inner Demons. Since around 98% of my work is on S-12s, it seemed like an appropriate place. I pay $100.00 a month to advertise here. My apologies if you take issue with IceRack.

I respect your work.

Paul

Hmmm, were you directing that towards me or Cobra??? Must be Cobra since what I said was niether good nor bad but only facts as I see them. And hey, if people took your advice, this place would be much less entertaining.

Edited by Odd Man Out

I have no issues with your little fancy names you like to put on your work. I have no issues with the fact you like to keep your customers waiting too long to get their parts back, because it takes so many more man hours to remove those mill marks that were left on there from the factory. Guess what? You know why those marks are actually there? Those marks serve a purpose Paul. They are there because the purpose of the bolt carrier, is nothing more than to "carry the bolt". Making it all SHINY serves no purpose at all. I can do that just as good as you or anyone else can, but at what cost? Just like Izhmash, I have a large volume of work to turn out. I can't afford to spend waste countless hours doing things that are completely unnecessary and serve no real purpose. Furthermore, if I did want to waste all that time, and cause my customers to have to wait longer to get their firearms back in working order, I surely would not go around touting and singing that my work was somehow "BETTER" than anyone else's. Someone who tags himself on his avatar with a quote like "There can only be one, "best"."... I wouldn't expect to understand that I guess. Anything you touch turns to gold in your own mind. Just do us a favor and don't try to bullshit the rest of us into believing your fantasy ok? You are simply wasting a lot of time that isn't needed, or even wanted by a lot of folks.

In fact, the customer of mine who sent you that bolt carrier, emailed me while ago to say he had no idea you were going to take his carrier he sent you JUST to have a skull and Galil style handle welded on it, and use it as a weapon in your silly little online vendor war thing you like to keep going. I was VERY clear with him when I sold him my own personal 7.62 x 39 rifle I built 8 years ago, that the bolt carrier "polish" as you are mislabeling that with, was nothing other than a bead blasted surface I had forum member pistonring8 do for me YEARS AND YEARS ago. (look up the last time he posted... bad_egg.gif

He doesn't come around here any more because of the same type of ugly bullshit you are trying to pull today (as always) and looking to start up another "pauly's work is best" thread.

My former customer isn't real happy right now BTW.

Pretty sure nobody is forced to wait for any such service as it isn't mandatory.

What one person desires, another person may not.

Many products and services have a real world utility, others are simply desired based on aesthetics or other abstractions.

Free Will.

Edited by ec4321

It never gets old looking at Paul's work, I think it would be cool if he shined up an entire s 12, all the metal parts, but i'm not sure you'd be able to look at it without a welders helmet lol.

Paul what is the procedure to send you a bolt and payment, I'd like to do it this winter when I don't shoot much.

Didn't know Cobra did bolt work,

Cobra lets see your work, maybe I'll send you my bolt since Paul seems to be very busy, or do you just fix the functionality of the bolt?

Edited by TORKIT

Pretty sure nobody is forced to wait for any such service as it isn't mandatory.

What one person desires, another person may not.

Many products and services have a real world utility, others are simply desired based on aesthetics or other abstractions.

Free Will.

I like different things for different builds.

Some look great Iced;

Mower%20007_zps43b7f5a0.jpg

HighRollerD6.jpg

Some look great black too. smile.png

blueinner030.jpg

blueinner034.jpg

Personally, I really don't like the vertical chargers in the Matte White Steel look though.

Factory handles, look great like that, but the upturned chargers just touch me more in black or IceRack

It never gets old looking at Paul's work, I think it would be cool if he shined up an entire s 12, all the metal parts, but i'm not sure you'd be able to look at it without a welders helmet lol.

Paul what is the procedure to send you a bolt and payment, I'd like to do it this winter when I don't shoot much.

Thanks. smile.png

I'll PM you an extensive form letter that'll answer many logistical questions.

I have no issues with your little fancy names you like to put on your work. I have no issues with the fact you like to keep your customers waiting too long to get their parts back, because it takes so many more man hours to remove those mill marks that were left on there from the factory. Guess what? You know why those marks are actually there? Those marks serve a purpose Paul. They are there because the purpose of the bolt carrier, is nothing more than to "carry the bolt". Making it all SHINY serves no purpose at all. I can do that just as good as you or anyone else can, but at what cost? Just like Izhmash, I have a large volume of work to turn out. I can't afford to spend waste countless hours doing things that are completely unnecessary and serve no real purpose. Furthermore, if I did want to waste all that time, and cause my customers to have to wait longer to get their firearms back in working order, I surely would not go around touting and singing that my work was somehow "BETTER" than anyone else's. Someone who tags himself on his avatar with a quote like "There can only be one, "best"."... I wouldn't expect to understand that I guess. Anything you touch turns to gold in your own mind. Just do us a favor and don't try to bullshit the rest of us into believing your fantasy ok? You are simply wasting a lot of time that isn't needed, or even wanted by a lot of folks.

In fact, the customer of mine who sent you that bolt carrier, emailed me while ago to say he had no idea you were going to take his carrier he sent you JUST to have a skull and Galil style handle welded on it, and use it as a weapon in your silly little online vendor war thing you like to keep going. I was VERY clear with him when I sold him my own personal 7.62 x 39 rifle I built 8 years ago, that the bolt carrier "polish" as you are mislabeling that with, was nothing other than a bead blasted surface I had forum member pistonring8 do for me YEARS AND YEARS ago. (look up the last time he posted... bad_egg.gif

He doesn't come around here any more because of the same type of ugly bullshit you are trying to pull today (as always) and looking to start up another "pauly's work is best" thread.

My former customer isn't real happy right now BTW.

Sigh... sad.png

My dear friend, this has nothing to do with you. I posted what a carrier that's simply been polished looks like compared to one that's brought to the level of IceRack. You're flipping out on me for nothing. I never said anything related to you. I've surprised a few people who'd tried to do their carriers on their own in the past. Been that way since I started. Generally, like this client, who I spruced up the carrier for, repeat customers who are easy to work with, or commercial customers who get $2,250.00 worth of work done in 1 order.

What REALLY sucks is when people try to use Dremels to resurface though. That really screws me as they tend to mess it up more than it came from the factory.

I try to go the extra mile with people though.

By all means, I'm sure you can do the same if you wanted. Feel free to post close up pictures of your work, in this, a thread that I started to advertise a service I offer, if you feel it would be prudent. That being said, don't knock my procedure. People wait for the best. that's why they come to me. I just can't send stuff out when I'm thinking "I could have done better". It eats at me. EVERYTHING I do looks and functions as good or better than posted advertisement pictures.

At any rate, please stop the hostility. It's very unfortunate.

As I said previously, I respect your work.

Now I'd like to get this unit done before the day is over, so thank you very much for your consideration. I do not expect to hear from you again.

Paul M. Pawlowski

• Like 1

Cobra lets see your work, maybe I'll send you my bolt since Paul seems to be very busy, or do you just fix the functionality of the bolt?

That isn't hard to believe at all. Funny thing is I have been doing S-12 bolt re-profiling and polishing for 6 years now, at least 4 yrs longer than Pauly. It's all the excessive advertising and the incorrect notion he wants everyone to believe, that he somehow does "better" work, that keeps me having to defend my own work like this. Anyone can say or believe anything they want, but the real reason for this thread, and reason he happened to use a former customer of mine like he did, was to try and drive home the same point he's been trying to drive home since he first copied my business model. He wants to be the only one you even hear about or think about sending your bolt and carrier to. I don't advertise much other than what has been in my business section for years and years. Maybe you're right...maybe I should post some new pics of CURRENT work and update the very old pics on my website. Everything improves with practice and upgraded equipment. We have BOTH been doing both of these things. The difference is you don't see me going around talking about his work all the time. I get plenty of business with the very small amount of advertising I do.

BTW we will soon be offering a money back guarantee on a two week or less turn around.

And again to correct him, then I myself have to get back to work, the rifle bolt carrier above was not "polished", and I never advertised it as so. It was a carrier I had in my personal gun and he wanted me to just shine up the basic satin finish so I buffed it. That is all. Of course it would never compare to a polished piece,

That isn't hard to believe at all. Funny thing is I have been doing S-12 bolt re-profiling and polishing for 6 years now, at least 4 yrs longer than Pauly. It's all the excessive advertising and the incorrect notion he wants everyone to believe, that he somehow does "better" work, that keeps me having to defend my own work like this. Anyone can say or believe anything they want, but the real reason for this thread, and reason he happened to use a former customer of mine like he did, was to try and drive home the same point he's been trying to drive home since he first copied my business model. He wants to be the only one you even hear about or think about sending your bolt and carrier to. I don't advertise much other than what has been in my business section for years and years. Maybe you're right...maybe I should post some new pics of CURRENT work and update the very old pics on my website. Everything improves with practice and upgraded equipment. We have BOTH been doing both of these things. The difference is you don't see me going around talking about his work all the time. I get plenty of business with the very small amount of advertising I do.

BTW we will soon be offering a money back guarantee on a two week or less turn around.

And again to correct him, then I myself have to get back to work, the rifle bolt carrier above was not "polished", and I never advertised it as so. It was a carrier I had in my personal gun and he wanted me to just shine up the basic satin finish so I buffed it. That is all. Of course it would never compare to a polished piece,

Brother, I didn't say anything about your work other than I respect it. I never mentioned anything about anything other than a carrier was simply polished, compared to IceRack.

Seriously, if you need to shit on the only advertisement I've made all year to feel good, feel free to post up close pictures of what you can do and knock my dick in the dirt. But really dude, please quit going apeshit on my thread with libelous text, character assassination & false accusations. Cant I advertise? I don't over-advertise or spam, I just kick ass & get great reviews. Look at my profile. I have only posted 4 topics this year, and not 1 was an ad.

Just stop dude. This behavior is uncalled for and highly inappropriate.

Seriously; Is there some other thread I haven't read that explains more of this feud?

Where was it indicated Pauly used a former customer of Cobra's? Why would I think less of Cobra's work because of Pauly's post? I can honestly say I knew Pauly did work like this because of all the "props to Pauly" posts and not because of the advertising.

I only recently saw Cobra's ad for "Saiga Bolt and Carrier Mods and Polishing" as well as Pauly's ad for "Custom Fabrication" but I paid more attention to Pauly's add becasue it has a price on it and pictures of the product, not because it's over-advertized.

As a non-competing outside observer, this hostility seems freaking weird.

• Like 1

A and now I present to you all the definition of irony, or is it hypocrisy....

Cobra 76 two

Cobra 76 two

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• av-1293.jpg?_r=0
  • Business Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 16,191 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

There are some members of this forum who would do well to READ THIS!

http://www.articlesb...ms-4142722.html

And THIS

http://www.articlesb...ms-4142722.html

And so on....

http://www.instructa...-a-federal-cri/

Fucking trolls.... nonono.gif

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Well, this got way off topic & for some odd reason, I'm not foreseeing a recovery. sad.png

Screwit. IceRack rocks.

Topic's locked.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful....

-

001-1.jpg

SAM_2761-1.jpg

SAM_2784-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

imagerqf.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

IMG_3579-Copy.jpg

ballVCH001.jpg

0081024x694.jpg

Mower%20007_zps43b7f5a0.jpg

Millmessedupbolt0341024x818.jpg

004.jpg

6123124324_d5ed726175_z.jpg

IceRackSupreme002-2.jpg

GlassBolts008.jpg

079.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

blueinner030.jpg

MikeSSaiga12.jpg

E-tac001800x213-1.jpg

PaulysPiston1911.jpg

S6300814-1.jpg

S12-One-FR.jpg

S12-bolt.jpg

S12-charge.jpg

Saiga-Polish.jpg

knurledcharger004.jpg

knurledcharger007.jpg

EDITED TO ADD;

I am still so angry about this, Shannon. I was nice there, and you keep coming back with more & more character assassination, insults, and accusing me of being an over all fucked up person.

Then you have the ghal to go elsewhere, accusing me of trolling you.

Since you had to dream up your wild scenario with me as some supervillian, and try me here in the court of public opinion, I'll directly tell you what happened, as your current version is rather delusional.

The client sent me the unit to do GlassBolt. Then later decided to add on Inner Demons to the work, and he sent more payment.

The Client was okay with it being left how it was, and me just doing GlassBolt, MatchTrigger, and leaving the carrier at that level.

But he wanted it shiny & I can't put an Inner Demons on that & have it appear in pictures, okay?

I'm the only guy who does them, so people'd think I did that.

Since he's a cool guy and a repeat customer, I figured I'd toss in IceRack on me rather than try to pressure him on a sale he hadn't asked for. That's not how I operate. People want my work when they see it and hear the results everywhere across the internet., I don't have to push product. The client was quite pleased when I told him I was throwing it in though.

Upon close inspection of the carrier's steel's condition it looked kind of browned, so I got concerned it may be a corrosion risk.

At this point, I called him and told him we may have to go black, but I'd shine the skull for contrast.

Knowing he's easy to work with, I was able to keep it around in different conditions, and monitor its corrosion resistance. When I saw it held up really well just like all the rest and there was no additional areas that had issues, just the areas with really deep pits that you'd left where corrosion begins because those crevasses collect the water when moisture condenses on the unit.

So I Iceracked it after all.

I emailed to tell him the good news, and he said he'd love to see pictures.

I'd just posted this thread with before and after pics, so I directed him to it. A few minuets later, a thought occurred to me and I sent a follow up email and asked if he'd not tell you that was one you'd previously done, so I could avoid conflict. Thing is, I needed an example of of a carrier that looked like it'd simply been hit with a wire brush wheel, then with a cloth wheel & compound like the vast majority of the people here who post that they "got a mirror polish" but rarely ever post pictures, and never up close pics. That carrier fit the bill. Your name should have never been in my advertisement It was just a great example of what I'd call a "fluff & buff", but that many get there and tell everyone they can get a "mirror polish" without any investment, just a dremel.

Sorry, I have a few grand into my process. That ain't going to happen.

I sincerely find it insulting to call IceRack Full Carrier Resurface & Polish a "perfect mirror polish", then have the before picture called the same.

It had absolutely NOTHING to do with you.

Yet you stormed in and behaved like a narcissistic little shit.

I tried not to be an asshole even though you came here & trolled the shit out of the only ad that I posted all year, calling my attention to detail a waste of time and knocking taking the time to do shit right.

You ripped on my turnaround, although yours isn't any shorter.

I didn't post that that was your work, and I didn't intend to. Who'd have thought you'd be all over it like that? All I ever said regarding your work was "I respect your work" after you came in here screaming, so you could make my ad about you like a jealous sibling on another child's birthday.

All over the forum, when my name's mentioned, there you are there saying "I do it too! I do it too!! I've been doing it longer", and when on the phone, you beg me not to advertise. You tell me not to make them so perfect, and say I work like a "crimagrant". As if hard work is a bad thing.

The n in public, You chose to claim that piece as your quality workmanship & say that My work's a waste of time...

So then, please do tell;

What in the sam-hell is this?

NoShitReally.png

Go ahead dude.

Give me a ration of shit on the open forum for taking the time to do stuff right.

Seriously, who uses LocTite to secure the piston of a rifle that can light it's own handgerips on fire?

Please explain why I'm fixing this so I can send it out of the shop without risking getting the shit sued out of me?

I mean, I don't know about anybody else, but nothing says "Quality" to me, like your gas piston failing when you have to shoot your rifle a lot...

Shannon... In what type of situation would one feel the need to fire their rifle a whole lot?

Most of the people here's definition of "quality" doesn't include the gas piston falling off or backing off to where the bolt won't lock up right when chambering.

Ever stop to think there might be a reason why the Russians peen them, Poles pin them, and Century rosette welds them, and they don't just use locktite and just shipp'em?

Quality isn't your extractor falling off on an S-12, because the guy who did the work used Loctite to keep the extractor pin in after tuning, but go figure, the customer broke the Loctite when he pushed out the pin to grease the extractor..

"Quality" is slightly pressing the top of the pin to make it very slightly ovaled so it holds in there well,

Quality takes time.

Time that you, up there trolling me for some whacky-ass reason, consider a waste, and hold against me.

The word quality is subjective, as is the word best.

I suppose that one's definition of a subjective word could differ from another's, but that's still no reason to take over my ad.

I pay over a grand a year to post ads How much do you pay a year again?? .00000h... That's right.

I'd say that in a capitalist system, I have more right to post in my ads than you do, so you're not chasing me off the forum.

Respectfully yours;

Paul M. Pawlowski

**Note to administration/mods. If you are relentlessly hounded to disappear this thread, or feel this advertisement being in the S-12 sub-forum would harm forum harmony too much and the decision is made that it should be moved, Please move it to my business section & keep it locked.

This man demanded to steal the show in my ad despite all efforts to stop his attacks civilly.

His direct character attacks and the looming class-5 crapstorm he sparked forced me to lock the only direct ad I'v posted all year.

I can't really start a Polished vs IceRack thread again, without spending time on more parts prep, and then at that, it would be staged. I only get fluff & buff units in every so often. Thank you.

**To the membership, My apologies for the negative vibes that wound up on the thread.

That was not my intent.

• Like 1