FNG, saying Hi from SC.

Hey guys, gals, and confused ones.

I just want to say Hello.

I just picked up a non modified RAAC saiga 12 19" barrel on gunbroker this week for $555. It is an H08 model year,

paper clip check has it looking like it has 3 ports, if it has 4 the forward one is blocked but from what I've seen in pictures

it mostlikely has 3.

I just took it out with my my son, ran a box of $5 walmart federal low brass game load thru it with no issues,

on three $4 pumkins from Walmart. according to my son, quote "it has a kick, BUT IT WAS AWSOME PUMKIN EVERY WHERE!!"

now I think my collection is almost complete, 2 AR15's one pistol 1 rifle(built from barrel up),

3 SKS's 1 albania, 1 bubba'd chicom, that I am converting into a brush rifle for hunting, and a preban SKS-D that runs ak mags.

couple handguns in the mix.

I will be looking thru all the mod posts and conversion posts to see in what direction I want to go with this ss12.

What a great place.

Edited by Ravan

Welcome from Charleston. We might have to meet up at Twin Ponds sometime, might not be halfway to MB but it's close. My advice is to click around and any thread that catches your eye read it. Read, read and read some more. If you have a question likely it's been asked before so use the search function to find the info you need.

Oh yeah, for less than the price of three Walmart punkins you can contribute to the board and have the option of posting in the for sale forum. I've bought a few things there and I'm getting ready to list a couple of things tonight.

Edited by Squishy

Welcome from way up north here in central NC! Yes read read read and search some more. It's all here, with many different opinions on all of it...lol. My gut feeling is for an '08 gun you prolly only have the three ports you can see. I have something that will tell you for sure if you wanna PM me about it. I'm working on something new for that actually. Shoot the gun with all types of ammo and see what she likes best.

Hey guys, gals, and confused ones.

I just want to say Hello.

I just picked up a non modified RAAC saiga 12 19" barrel on gunbroker this week for $555. It is an H08 model year,

paper clip check has it looking like it has 3 ports, if it has 4 the forward one is blocked but from what I've seen in pictures

it mostlikely has 3.

I just took it out with my my son, ran a box of $5 walmart federal low brass game load thru it with no issues,

on three $4 pumkins from Walmart. according to my son, quote "it has a kick, BUT IT WAS AWSOME PUMKIN EVERY WHERE!!"

now I think my collection is almost complete, 2 AR15's one pistol 1 rifle(built from barrel up),

3 SKS's 1 albania, 1 bubba'd chicom, that I am converting into a brush rifle for hunting, and a preban SKS-D that runs ak mags.

couple handguns in the mix.

I will be looking thru all the mod posts and conversion posts to see in what direction I want to go with this ss12.

What a great place.

Congratulations on your new S-12 and good luck on your conversion.

Remember: No collection is ever complete and... never greet the confused ones, they will only confuse you

Welcome to the game. Remember if it stops being fun stop doing it and sell it to somebody who will have fun with it.

My favorite post for this week. There is a ton of wisdom in that very short statement.

Hey, wait a minute, was "confused ones" directed to me? Hey!!! exciting.gif

Ha, well ok, I'll plead guilty. One thing I can say is that I'm usually completely certain about the things I'm not confused about....or something like that.

Any ranges up your way?

Really isn't much for ranges up this way, Theres one north of Charleston off of 17, at Francis Marion forest. Have yet to go there.

I really miss the wide open spaces of Nevada.

Edited by Ravan

Really isn't much for ranges up this way, Theres one north of Charleston off of 17, at Francis Marion forest. Have yet to go there.

I really miss the wide open spaces of Nevada.

Yeah, that's Twin Ponds. Not a bad range but you must arrive early on weekends and it is kinda junky as it's public and the public often doesn't care about picking up after themselves. I just checked a map and it's about 1/3 of the way to MB from here so it's 2/3 coming from your direction. Pretty good drive. Where did the pumpkin slaughter occur?

In reference to Nevada, I wouldn't know how to act with that kind of space, maybe some day...

Nevada was awsome, I wanted to go shooting hop in the car and go 2 miles and I am in the middle of no where, on public land, with lots of critters to shoot. I am going to have to head down to Twin Ponds in a week or so. Just getting finished with my SKS stock and need to zero that rifle in for hunting. Slaughtered the pumkins on a WMA just down the road from me.

Well I'd like to meet you there but I'm going out of town the middle of next week and I might not be back until the second week of November. My advice when you go is to get there at sun up if it's a Saturday or Sunday. The place gets busy quick, last time I was there by the time we left there were people waiting...