Pinned barrel nut - pin fell out

In my original pics of my thread barrel showing it was threaded when I got it you can see the pin is there.post-33094-0-37646400-1350163703_thumb.jpg

Decided today I would begin my 922r conversion porcess. Got the Vepr out to start on the barrel nut pin, and found yet another pleasant surprise. The pin was not there!

It must have come out on it's own at the range.

post-33094-0-90924500-1350163871_thumb.jpg

So I simply enscrewed the muzzle nut.

post-33094-0-73341700-1350163999_thumb.jpg

Cleaned up the threads with my thread cutter just to remove and burrs and done. Took all of a minute. Migh have been faster, but I had a long pause in disbelief of my good fortune.

Try shooting your Vepr in stock condition before doing any mods. Your pin might fall out of your nut too!

• Like 1

Mine shot great for a down and dirty test. Shoulder fired at 50 yards they all hit in the 8 inch area of the target. Not bad for a quicky at the range first time out. The trigger on mine feels good, no grit, nice clean break. Almost hate to replace it, but I need parts count. Espcially if I end up using circle 10 mags.

Edited by liberty -r- death

Yeah mine wasnt too gritty, just had a rough spot when you first started with trigger travel. Almost like a small bump. If you do go with the circle 10's, dont forget the bullet guide. Im wanting more of these rifles as well.