Sign in to follow this  
yakdung

Felix Baumgartner Stratospheric Balloon Flight - Live

Felix Baumgartner's freefall from the edge of space live feed. The feed will have a 20 second delay just in case:

• Like 3

If you lose the online feed, Discovery channel is airing it Live.

Passing 80K

Edited by ChileRelleno

I remember watching the shuttle test flights from atop the 747.

That was cool stuff.

As a skydiver, this is getting me very excited, I'd do this jump without a second thought.

Way more interesting than an old shuttle launch.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why should I be ashamed. The shuttle was so 1980's, and government funded. This is a private venture taking a man to near space, and letting him jump out! Air and space exploration was started by a couple of guys with an idea at Kittyhawk, and it was privately funded.I think we will see more happening now that the government is getting away from space exploration ans leaving it to the private sector.

120K +

Screw it... Go For It!

Cool to see how the balloon expanded with drop in atmospheric pressure.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Why should I be ashamed. The shuttle was so 1980's, and government funded. This is a private venture taking a man to near space, and letting him jump out! Air and space exploration was started by a couple of guys with an idea at Kittyhawk, and it was privately funded.I think we will see more happening now that the government is getting away from space exploration ans leaving it to the private sector.

You should be ashamed because it was revolutionary at the time, people died for it, and it's better than you or I could do. So, shut it.

Go Time at 128K

I've several skydiving heros, Joe kittinger is one, Lew Sanborn, Bill Ottley and the other is D.B. Cooper.

It is awesome to see Joe leading this team.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I couldn't hear exactly what he said right before he jumped, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't........"That's one small step for man........."laugh.png

Edited by DogMan

You should be ashamed because it was revolutionary at the time, people died for it, and it's better than you or I could do. So, shut it.

Agreed, it was revolutionary for its time, and people did die in the program.

Just because they did it better than either of us does not mean that the program is above reproach or comment.

I apologize for stepping on your feelings about the shuttle program. I did not intend to offend you.