Felix Baumgartner Stratospheric Balloon Flight - Live

I love Kittinger, "... a special one finger salute to all those who said he'd come apart in supersonic..." " Hoorah!"

That old geezer right there is the type of man that has made the US a World Leader, that won World Wars.

No bullshit, no PC crap, just straight talk.

My highest jump was from 28K, and I want to go higher.

The highest altitude skydives that are regularly offered, outside of the military, is 30K, by HALOJumper in Tennessee, http://halojumper.com/

A buddy of mine works for them during their season, one year his car broke down and he offered me a free jump if I would drive him up there.

I still kick myself in the ass for not calling in sick to work for a few days.

NEWS FLASH! Cat Stowed Away in Stratos Gondola!

Unbeknownst to Felix and the ground crew, Joe Kittingers cat had managed to stowaway in the balloon gondola right before launch.

Video cameras captured the cat's exit at altitude, without benefit of pressure suit, oxygen nor parachute.

Reports have it that the cat survived, using up four of it's nine lives, and that it landed on it's feet.

Felix & Joe both, are understandably annoyed that this means the cat now holds the record for Worlds Longest Free Fall.

E00nl.gif

• Like 6

NEWS FLASH! Cat Stowed Away in Stratos Gondola!

Unbeknownst to Felix and the ground crew, Joe Kittingers cat had managed to stowaway in the balloon gondola right before launch.

Video cameras captured the cat's exit at altitude, without benefit of pressure suit, oxygen nor parachute.

Reports have it that the cat survived, using up four of it's nine lives, and that it landed on it's feet.

Felix & Joe both, are understandably annoyed that this means the cat now holds the record for Worlds Longest Free Fall.

E00nl.gif

lmao really cool coverage . I think I would rather just watch than try in this matter .

They are saying it is helmet cam footage but you are looking at his helmet from his chest camera. I distinctly remembering Col. Kittenger going through the checklist and having him turn on a chest camera. Freaking awesome jump!