Arsenal SGL 12-61

post-44438-0-74332700-1350225630_thumb.jpg

I was checking out kvars website last night and came across the sgl12-61, it's the exact fit and finish as my sgl21-61 so I had to have it, I found one cheaper on another website(no pictures of it) and ordered it for about $920.

There's not much info available on the sgl12, I found nothing on Arsenals website. I plan on adding a reliability kit to shoot low brass, krebs ghost rings sights, tromix folding stock and shortening the barrel and welding on a brake (I might go NFA with this one). If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it, I can't even find pictures of this gun outside of Kvars website.

Edited by ak47guy81

Thanks, I just checked out fimes website, they're not listing any extra information but its good to know. What's the issue with the reliability kit? I'd like to take this out and let friends shoot it without breaking the bank but not at the expense of real reliability.

On heavier loads your bolt will hit the back of the receiver harder than it would with the stronger factory springs. Maybe nothing bad would happen, or maybe it'd wear your gun out faster - either way it tends to lead to a spiral of changes, reliability kit->recoil buffer->different gas plug. Anyway, I'm not saying the kit is bad or serves no purpose, I'd honestly just try the gun out first before putting it in. Less is more and all that.

My saiga 12 shot great right out of the box, I did do a bit of polishing on the bolt, carrier and the back of the hammer as suggested by others on here. I have not converted it yet so I will certainly need to do the same to the new hammer. I have also been told the the new FCGs are profiled for AKs and as such do not match up perfectly to the Saiga 12s. I just went back to the local gun store and looked at a converted one they had and it was very apparant the they do not. On the one they had just looking through the dust cover,the hammer struck the firing pin and bolt at an angle. The BHO was MISSING, the trigger guard was a hacked up POS, and it had the cheapest looking sock I have ever seen! All this for the low price of $799, NO THANKS, glad I am converting my own! Sorry for the rant, but you might look at the bolt,carrier and FCG, clean them up and fire it before jumping into any "fixes" as suggested by those with experience on here. I am sure some of the converters do a fine job but obviously not ALL of them do.