Hit the range today for the first time !!!

After having my rifle converted I put my first rounds though it . This was the first AK I've ever fired and WOW what a gun. This was the most fun I've had in a long time !!! Everything ran smooth , no issues -- just BANG !!

100rds American Eagle .223AR

The only question I have is -- my BHO was removed during the conversion (I had a pro smith do everything) and on my last shot the bolt stays back when she's on E. is this proper ? To close the bolt I eject the mag and she slams home.

Sorry I'm a n00b :(

But what an awesome rifle. I'm so glad I picked this up on accident lol.

72501ce7311e0736c0c9bad8331fdd52.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys --- I figured that !

Wow , I am really amazed at the amount of fun this thing is to shoot. Truly amazing ! I love the iron sights -- for my first ak firing I really was pretty accurate !!!

What's the POA for iron sights ? And I also heard of the "bump firing thing" but didn't know too much about it .. I thought it meant to "push forward on the foregrip and pull back with the pg" so I did that and scared the shit out of myself when I fired 3 rounds very very fast lol.

Now time to order some more ammo !

How often do you guys clean your ak's ? I clean my guns after every range trip but my XDs just wore me out pretty bad (about 2 hours to clean , I like being very detailed)

So do any of you have a good YouTube video of a proper cleaning ?

Easy to clean. Field strip. Clean the bolt. Gas tube and barrel. Oil it. Put it back together takes about ten minutes. You tube it and you'll find vids on field stripping. I clean all of mine after shooting. Just a habit from growing up. Some guys shoot thousands of rounds with out cleaning and have no issues.

POA is how ever you like it. Just adjust your front sight post. Post tip under or on target it's up to you. That's one nice thing about AK factory sights.

Unless you use a bullet guide only SGM or saiga mags will work in it. I use SGM and they work 100%. Some guys prefer the bullet guide and surplus mags.

Sounds like you have the idea on bump fire. Practice more and it becomes easier, but you burn a lot of ammo!

You need an avatar brother. You been bit. Looks like you'll end up like the rest of us saiga junkies.

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 1

Thanks man. Yeah I'll be here a bit lol -- I am definetly a new man after unleashing the beast. I don't see how I could have enjoyed it without the p/g so I'm glad I went ahead and went broke getting the conversion done. I may even change to a different folding stock although this one is perfectly fine for now. I tried to change my avatar last night the iPad was giving me issues I'm going to try again right now.

I really like the SGM mags ... They look great , the quality seems awesome and for $30 bucks they are pricey but I don't need a bunch of mags because I don't shoot as much as some guys here. And the mag worked flawlessly can't complain !

Thanks guys --- I figured that !

Wow , I am really amazed at the amount of fun this thing is to shoot. Truly amazing ! I love the iron sights -- for my first ak firing I really was pretty accurate !!!

What's the POA for iron sights ? And I also heard of the "bump firing thing" but didn't know too much about it .. I thought it meant to "push forward on the foregrip and pull back with the pg" so I did that and scared the shit out of myself when I fired 3 rounds very very fast lol.

Now time to order some more ammo !

How often do you guys clean your ak's ? I clean my guns after every range trip but my XDs just wore me out pretty bad (about 2 hours to clean , I like being very detailed)

So do any of you have a good YouTube video of a proper cleaning ?

I clean mine after every range trip regardless of the amount of ammo I shoot.

Yeah I'm about to break her down now !!!

Guys I am thinking a bullet guide might be a good purchase -- I really like the arsenal circle 10mags. How exactly do I find out which one to order ? And are the 50rd mags extinct ? I did a search but nada ...

Check this video for practical tips on cleaning.

This is not Russian Army S.O.P., but rather "westernized" techniques and use of advanced cleaners and lubricants for the same reason: keep it going "bang" each and every time for a long run.

Have fun,

Happy Shooting!

http://youtu.be/Komm6tIUjtI

P.S. Beats me: why he didn't remove the cleaning rod, even if using alternatives? Maybe I'm stuck on commblock SOP...

Edited by Sgt. Raven

FYI a lot of strong cleaning solvents will take the factory paint off of the gun, including the bolt and carrier, so beware. I tend to use CLP on everything except for the chromed parts, including bore and gas piston, which I use Hoppe's #9 on. Avoid ammonia-based solvents, as these can damage chrome.

Don't even try to use Gun Scrubber or brake cleaner, unless you want to find the factory paint in a puddle on your garage floor.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 3

Yeah I'm about to break her down now !!!

Guys I am thinking a bullet guide might be a good purchase -- I really like the arsenal circle 10mags. How exactly do I find out which one to order ? And are the 50rd mags extinct ? I did a search but nada ...

Look right beneath the chamber at the trunnion, it will either be curved or flat. Once you figure out whether it is curved or flat you order the right bullet guide:

Curved: http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1120/Saiga-223-Bullet-Guide/Detail

Flat: http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1225/Saiga-AK47-223-556/Detail

CSS even has pictures to help you figure out which one you have. Those links are for the kits, comes with the bullet guide, drill bit & tap. If you already have the bit & tap you can get just the guide from them. Not sure if you've ordered from CSS before, but they are ridiculously awesome. Between them and Mississippi auto arms you can get just about anything you need for your Saiga. I've ordered from both and both have good prices and ship quickly, can't really go wrong with either of them.