OK, When these guns became available in this caliber I had to have one. I have been intending on writing this up but have delayed until I was able to get and use the 10 round magazines. I got this rifle from Atlantic Fireams back in May but the mags only recently became available. First a word about Atlantic. Over the years I have purchased many guns from Blaine Bunting and he runs a top notch business. I usually receive the gun 5 days after purchase. Blaine's business policies are sound and his word is good. We all have dealt with the tool that has tried feed us a line of BS concerning guns, well Atlantic ain't one. Highly recommended.

The gun is as usual AK reliability and with non match grade ammo (147 gr.) the gun will do about 2 MOA. There were many smaller groups but I'm gonna call it 2 or slightly less. Zero malfunctions and good handling capabilities. I changed the furniture because I absolutely hate thumbhole stocks. They just don't do it for me and I find them uncomfortable and awkward so I used a standard Robinsons stock/PG combo and modified an HK G3 wide handguard. The HG has a full length heat sheild and is free floating except where the front swivel secures the barrel tie down. The gas tube is a Saiga .308 tube. The weight is a trifle heavy but not a problem and mucho horsepower for those 400+ porkers.

The mags are a little finicky at first and need to be worked a little. The feed lips have a tendency to bow outward upon cartridge insert and may cause some insertion issues. Also I removed the spring and stretched them slightly to insure proper follower orientation. I had no functioning problems and would grade these as 95-97%. Not combat rated but here that is not an issue. For general purpose use I don't think you will have problems. I'm sure there is the usual horror story but someone will always have a bad experience. They count as 3 parts toward 922r garbage so as to keep foreign parts count below 10. They are a little on the pricey side but I have seen them as low as mid $30's. Maybe a steel insert as reinforcement around the feed lips and that would bump it up to 98-100% and further development may yeild a better product. Like the new Tapco slabside mags. those are excellent and the last pic is one in my IGF M92 build.

IMG_0586-1.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0595-1.jpg

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • Like 4

I love the HK mod. Details?

Measure to end of gas block and cut. Remove leaf spring/bipod piece on front lower. Measure gas block/swivel point and drill hole. JB weld as filler to front and spring/bipod recess. Sand and refinish with Alumahyde 2. Thats it. The HG will slide on and back and lock in with no further mod like it was made for this gun.

• Like 1

How did you use a sling swivel? Did you ma

I love the HK mod. Details?

Measure to end of gas block and cut. Remove leaf spring/bipod piece on front lower. Measure gas block/swivel point and drill hole. JB weld as filler to front and spring/bipod recess. Sand and refinish with Alumahyde 2. Thats it. The HG will slide on and back and lock in with no further mod like it was made for this gun.

How did you make the sling swivel? Did you make your own, or re-tap the hole, as it's a metric screw and I cannot find any metric sling swivels??

Do you think that the HK tri rail will work for the veprs? Looked at the tri rails available for the HK guns, they look badass.

Probably not. Or at least not without ALOT of mods. The HK wide forearms are much different internally than the aluminium rails. You might look at the CNC warrior Saiga 3 rail. I think that would work.

• 1 month later...