Newbie from MI!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard. I am getting down to the final details on my S12 for 3G, but my pistol is the Glock 19 that I carry daily. I feel your pain.

tehehehe its DONE!   all the guts out All finished   Had to do final fitting to the MD arms drum but was easy with a file and it locks in nice and tight.     Looking threw the opti

ran great in its first 3 gun. would have been better if the first stage i had rememberd to turn the gas back up from 2 to 6 oops haha. had a few fail to ejects but ran pretty good the whole day.

Posted Images

Welcome. I am surprised no one has warned you that unless you have changed out several internal parts, it is not legal to use that magazine with your shotgun.

See here Gunwiki: 922® Worksheet for Saiga Shotguns

This is another reason to do your conversion, and probably the main influence on most people.

• 4 weeks later...

got tired of waiting for the kick lite to be back in stock. went with the mako instead!

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-pistol-grip-conversion-kit-w-mako-collapsible-stock-p-858.html

After ordering i relized that the stock is not US made! oh well with the mag's i only have 9 Foreign parts so it will be legal!! i plan on getting a puck and a plug as well so that will help out too.

now the 5-15 day shipping time......its going threw fedex smartpost and im a little worryed on the website it says ship weight 8lbs on fed ex it says 2lbs and its in a 3X6X10" box.... oh well they are a great company im sure it'll be just fine!

also that worksheet is an amazing tool!

Edited by shifty_85

Finaly got to fire it with the brake and let me tell you it felt like i was shooting a 20ga with low brass bird even thoe i was shooting high brass 12 gauge slugs!! got some awesome videos and pictures! even had a few first time S-12 shoots step up and said "wow there is no recoil compared to my 870 with a slug! one even shot better than me and he had never fired a shotgun before!!!

Here is my buddy shooting it with some low brass Remington 7 1/2 shot.

th_DSCN0598_zps4033e1a1.jpg VIDEO

looked like it didnt eject one oh well.

Here is me with 5 Winchester Super X 2 3/4" 1 oz 1600 FPS slugs! notice the paper targets in the lower right flying around due to all the gas the brake redirected. *got these cheap at meijer 15 slugs for 11 bucks!

th_DSCN0599_zpsd9cb20e7.jpg VIDEO

Here is a 13 round mag dump of my buddys dads reloads #4 shot 3 and 3/4 dram!!!

th_DSCN0600_zpsdda25ee0.jpg VIDEO

My buddy doing a mag dump of his own.

th_DSCN0601_zpsa900dd82.jpgVIDEO

And now for the fun stuff you will all enjoy i went threw and paused the video on every one of the 5 slugs!

Number 1

flameslug_zps98dfd85f.jpg

Number 2

flameslug2_zpsb1541bed.jpg

Why does it look like a flame is coming out of the action?

Number 3

flameslug3_zpsc9c7e807.jpg

Number 4

flameslug4_zpsa9de2a75.jpg

And number 5

flameslug5_zps92b4c61a.jpg

hard to see number 5 very smoky.

i have to give it up we ran 25 low brass 40 of the #4 and 15 slugs and the last of the slugs i put the target all the way back at 60 feet and almost shot the pin that holds the target on off.

After shooting we relized the muzzle brake had come loose *didnt get it very tight the first time* and the scope to mount had come loose but still held its 0. the scope mount SOILD did not move at all. all and all a little blue loc tite here and there and it should stay on there next time

i was VERY impressed with this muzzle brake well worth the 150 dollars the first time i shot i said "Where did all that wind come from??" then it dawned on me the gilles direct the gas towards the back.

Now i need my converstion kit to get here for pistol grip and a mako stock with a tromix trigger!

just orderd this kit from CSS

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail?sfs=6da17230

The Kit includes
1-DPH 6 Position adjustable Gas Knob.
1- CSS Peformance Recoil Spring designed for all 2 3/4" shells
1- CSS Performance G2 Puc is engineered to keep your gas system working in optimum performance

now just the puc counts towards 922R right?

Also it says fits "All saiga 12,20 and .410 shotguns" All saigas have the same size gas system?

South east! Farmington hills.

your profile says IN if your close enough you should come to port huron with use for 3 gun action! lots of love for saigas there But it does put you in the open class! you have to at least make the zombie shoot nothing takes out zombies better than an S-12!

your profile says IN if your close enough you should come to port huron with use for 3 gun action! lots of love for saigas there But it does put you in the open class! you have to at least make the zombie shoot nothing takes out zombies better than an S-12!

Not all that close... About 3.5 hour drive for me. Still not too bad.

I wouldn't mind attending a 3 gun just as a spectator though. Looks like fun, but I'm not sure if I'd want to jump in cold with no experience! :)

Not all that close... About 3.5 hour drive for me. Still not too bad.

I wouldn't mind attending a 3 gun just as a spectator though. Looks like fun, but I'm not sure if I'd want to jump in cold with no experience! smile.png

thats what i did first time went out by my self CETME, pump 870 4+1 and my 1911 with only 4 8 round mags! had to make a 1911 friend forgot a few of how the stages went but the RO helped out couldnt shoot the CETME due to barnal ammo sticking to magnet i pleded my case of Bi-metal jacket because copper cost to much to shoot in russia but they would not let me shoot it. traded a guy straight up to run his AR-15. when i said "Well i cant shoot my CETME that means i cant shoot? and 6 people that i did not know offerd up their own AR-15's and their .223 very amazing to me very great group of people.

Carbine match tomorrow runing my hi-point M995 and my 1911 should be fun.

come out there if you can make it if not next 3 gun is April 20th

Well i got my package from CSS already i orderd it the 4/4 and got it 4/8 my stock and trigger convertion from MSAA that i orderd 3/29 has still not even left the warehosue... i know i know they said 5-15 days but i just want it now!

2013-04-0813-15-14643_zps0d08f1ec.jpg
Edited by shifty_85
bought 6 AGP mags for 180 bucks thats 30 each! 4 of them are clear i like it!

0407131841_zps1f6ee345.jpg

0407131844_zpsb4efd175.jpg

Left to right 10 rounds of rio 00 buck clear shells in the clear mag! next in line 10 rounds of military 00 buck. then next 10 winchester slugs. then 5 winchester slugs and 5 Remington slugs.

much tighter fit that the sure fires because i dont have the mag thing! cant wait to try um out.

Also my stock finally shiped should be here tomorrow or thrus.

The DPH plug has 6 setting and when i install it into my saiga all the way down it stops between 3-4 the first one it can click on is 4. the paper i got with it says "Screw DPH plug as far as it will go then back it out till pin clicks into position Every gun is slightly different and yours may not start on the lowest setting. So does that mean #4 is my new number 1?

Got everything. im a little disappointed in the way tapco trigger stuff shiped its in a sandwich bag... the do it your self trigger guard is in a nice bag with its papers. and the houge grip is in its box as well. the stock was just flopping around in the box witch was fine i am surprised how much this stock moves i like it should make recoil nothing in combo with the brake

0411131446_zpsce86ed7b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

tehehehe its DONE!

all the guts out

0425130718_zps986e3e02.jpg

0425130719_zpsdf6e8911.jpg

All finished

0425131325_zps24fbb995.jpg

Had to do final fitting to the MD arms drum but was easy with a file and it locks in nice and tight.

0425131331_zpsf108418b.jpg

DSCN0644_zpsc58050ea.jpg

DSCN0645_zps13828fd7.jpg

Looking threw the optic.

DSCN0641_zps77527d74.jpg

DSCN0642_zpse78ed52c.jpg

Some side by side pictures.

sidebyside2_zps24409d0c.jpg

sidebyside3_zps027de5e2.jpg

sidebyside_zps770738ed.png

Testing out.

0425131536_zps928faa5b.jpg

10 rounds of 00 buck at 30 feet and 2 slugs in the head at 25 yards.

0425131537_zps0b7b276b.jpg

End of the day put it all the way down to 25 yards 3 slug group id say the scope held its zero

0425131541_zps8e642f10.jpg

Only video the range only allowed 2-3 shots in a row so 00 double taps it was.

Here is how much that MAKO stock moves.

i love this ALOT and cannot wait to run it at 3 gun.

Edited by shifty_85
  • Like 1

had fun this weekend 20 rounds threw the drum did 2 drum dumps with no issue's all low brass you can really see the mako stock eating up recoil in this video.

5 slugs to finish off a frying pan.

Edited by shifty_85
  • 3 weeks later...

ran great in its first 3 gun. would have been better if the first stage i had rememberd to turn the gas back up from 2 to 6 oops haha. had a few fail to ejects but ran pretty good the whole day.

• Like 1

Cute. Glad your excited about it. I just got rid of my monster break. Worked great but too long and big and heavy. Shoot 3 inch magnums tell mr how the gun feels. 2oz tutkey loads max dram 3".. try to of those on setting one. Make aure you dont uae that low brass spring and go back to the stock one or you will fuck some shit up

Stage 1

Stage 4

i did go back to the stock recoil spring and still had some FTE's using Ultra clay and field 8 shot 2 3/4 dram 1oz 8 shot. box says 1180FPS also one of the slugs gave me a FTE as well in the stage 5 video you can see.

Was also told my 1911 recoil spring is the same as the Saiga spring?

Edited by shifty_85
  • 2 weeks later...

so i think my mako recoil stock may be making fail to ejects? i attempted a mag dump today with the 20 round drum and had 4 fail to ejects. i then pulled the gun into my shoulder as hard as i could compressing the stock and it worked fine after than. did another 10 rounds with it compressed into my shoulder. is there anyway to make this stiffer or to make it not compress at all??

anyone else had any probs like this?

• 2 weeks later...

well think i may be in the market for a new stock. or need to find a way to make this stock lock into place. or not move as much. had more issue's FTE solved by me compressing the stock into my shoulder and holding it very tight to not let the stock move while firing solved all issue's.

it is not a gas issue when i did not hold the stock fully compressed ever high brass 2 3/4" 1oz slugs and 00buck would FTE. think the Monster brake in combo with the recoil stock eats up to much and not allowing it to cycle and one has to go.

Any ideas for another stock? i like this style 6 pos Adjust. but am open to others. Thanks!!!

If your gun has it's gas/ friction tuned correctly, limp-wristing should not matter. That's why one gets a gas operated firearm. While that style of stock is not my favorite, my opinion is that your gun should be tuned to fire and cycle whether it is held firmly or otherwise.

I am jealous of your access to 3 gun play.

If your gun has it's gas/ friction tuned correctly, limp-wristing should not matter. That's why one gets a gas operated firearm. While that style of stock is not my favorite, my opinion is that your gun should be tuned to fire and cycle whether it is held firmly or otherwise.

I am jealous of your access to 3 gun play.

Thanks 3 guns are very fun.

i just feel like the stock has to much give to it and it is eating up all the energy of the bolt coming backwards and not having enough to throw the shell out. could it be hitting the dust cover? ive seen a few guys who have taken out the cover and they said it helps with ejecting.

As you see in my drum dump videos the shells seem to be ejecting and being thrown pretty far from the gun. and i have the gas plug wide open *Setting 6* for shooting low brass. normaly turn it down to 1 or 2 for slugs/ high 00 buck.

The stock eats some of the energy, but if you need to hold it just right to make it cycle, go up to the next gas setting.

Some people do remove the moving piece on the spring assembly AKA the "shutter" I don't think it hurts anything.