Do the trunnions on S12s count for 922r?

I thought that they did not, but it seems as if people are counting them now.

Also did they change something about pistol grips? Seeing as the Verp12 is imported with a grip, does it mean that you can move the FCG forward without triggering the S12?

I am confused.

I am too. But I think with the new revised shotgun study, the PG isnt considered an evil feature anymore. But for the trunnion, I think that the front trunnion is counted as a part, but not the rear with the tang.

ETA: Hopefully we can see some of the S12's come in like we did the Veprs.

Edited by Captain Hero

I dont think so Matthew, according to SGM from another thread :

"Just a heads up everyone, our sister company Mach 1 Arsenal will be selling these (we purchased the first shipment) they are being imported with a molot laminate buttstock (which i prefer) so we will be offering them with the laminate stock or at a higher price with a new polymer stock (not yet determined on the stock version). I believe most will change the stock out regardless of what stock we put on due to personal preference. These are not converted in the States they are just like this coming in except they have a laminate wood stock."

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/80050-vepr-12s-on-the-way/

Heres the thread. I dont think that Izhmash has imported any since the shit changed. Or if they did, they may have been already made and ready for importation prior to the study being revised. Hard to say as it is Izhmash.

I dont know guys, to be honest. I havent been able to find a solid answer.

ETA: But I wanna say that the trunnion part pertains more to the rifles than the shotguns after reading a bit more into it.

Edited by Captain Hero

ETA: But I wanna say that the trunnion part pertains more to the rifles than the shotguns after reading a bit more into it.

where are you reading this?

SAIGA shotgun or rifle the trunnion serves the same purpose in either case. trunnion is attached to a receiver, to allow the barrel to be pressed into it, it's a transition piece. only AK that doesn't require a trunnion is the AK47, or the SKS, SVD etc... milled receivers, where the barrel is either screwed in or pinned in directly in the receiver

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I found it here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/18530-parts-count-on-saiga-shotguns-and-rifles/

But then I found this a few minutes ago. So the info in post #8 is wrong.

http://gunwiki.net/pub/JustTheLaw/RefSaigaATF/batfe-atf-letter-saiga-12-parts-10-13-2011.pdf

and it is dated as 12-02-2011, and claims it IS a seperate part, and that there are 15 parts to a standard S12. That info is towards the bottom of the document.

• Like 1