Slide fire VS tactical stock

Thinking of removing my Slide fire and putting on a ak tatical stock, would like a folding stock i think but it seems like all the folding stock i looked at seem well a bit chinsy for the money. I like my slide fire but I run out of ammo so fast lol it is fun. but i guess i want something new I know there are lot of brands out there but what is the most durable suggestions welcome thanks .

What folders are you looking at?

I think any Ace or comparable hinge and the DPH stock is a pretty solid choice. Stormworkz has a good reputation. Bonesteel is pricey but looks to be well built and thoughtfully designed. Not so pricey by comparison if you planned to use Internal adapter+ pig nose+ Hinge+ AR buffer tube+ Stock. Although it does not appear to fold as compactly or collapse as short since it keeps the tang.

I have an older ACE pushbutton and it is very solidly built. It will not ever fail, but you cannot completely eliminate a very small amount of play. I would avoid the tapco folder because most people find it to be flexy and cheap feeling. It also is longer than I prefer and doesn't provide very clean mounting options for a recoil pad.

Transfering 12 gauge recoil into a small area makes it hurt more, which is a consideration for complex underfolder installations for wire folders ~$75 as well as most AR and fixed AK stocks. If you feel that you are not manly and need to prove yourself with unnecessary pain, consider dropping hundreds on an AK 100 style without recoil pad and tell everyone it is the only real solution for manly men. Trolling aside, those are very nice solid and good looking, but not as nice to shoot as something with a good recoil pad in my opinion.

You might also consider Beryl type stocks, which are clean solid, simple, and have a built in pad. They look like Butler Creek 10/22 folder and a Galil stock reproduced. They are around a hundred and don't require extra hardware. I think there are 2 or 3 styles but I don't know too much about the choices.

I don't have any opinion about the AGP folders sold through this site, but I haven't seen anyone complain about them yet. People on the internet aren't usually slow to complain.

Thank you for the info. Gun fun I guess i still need to do some research I dont want a sore shoulder, Although my slide fire still packs a kick and its not that bad I think something with a recoilpad is what i want like i said more research thanks.

No offence taken I think it's fun to put 20rd down range in about 4 sec. you just need to have alot of shells.

I can only make a recomendation of a limbsaver pad. When looking for a pad push your thumb into and see if it squishes no point in some pads i think they are as hard as the stocks themselves. Ati is like a brick. Never really new the difference till i trued a buddies limbsaver. Get the file to fit one and you can make it fit anything. Another good but odd option is a remington r3 pad. Dicks has them on sale all the time and they are just as good if not better then limbsaver. Just take a hot knife to it and make it fit.

I traded into a Tapco and I'm going to try it out, is there any recoil pad out there that can be adapted more easily to fit than any other?

Thanks, and sorry for the thread hi jack.

GregB

Yes there is one more easily adapted. Most brands use rubber with hollows in it, which limits how much grinding you can do. Limbsavers are OK if they are pretty close to the shape you want to start with, but you cannot grind very far before you hit a hollow. Hogue pads have steel inserts that will poke out if you grind too far.... I prefer Kick-EEZ for a variety of reasons, but one of the big ones is that they are made of solid sorbothane with no hollows and a monolithic plastic base. You can grind them however much you need and the material does not get hard with time like rubber. They retail for about $35, but typically there will be one or two on ebay for about $10 at any given time. IMO Kick-eez and limbsavr soak up about the same amount of punch, but Limbsavr feels grippy and squishy on the shoulder. I prefer the cleaner mount of Kick-Eez.

Note: The Tromix Limbsavr is solid material, and is a totally different stuff from limbsavr's normal products. Hence the price.

For many stocks, the rem 700 pre-fit libsavr model is pretty close to a good fit and can be altered to work. It is good common and cheap. Someone has used this on a tromix brand stock and also sanded the stock a little to match the profile. IMO this was a very clean solution, looking better and costing far less than the other route.

I did a thread with instructions for fitting here. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72311-guide-comfortable-wood-goodness-with-a-modern-touch/&do=findComment&comment=813107The same steps apply for any brand, but make sure you won't run into any metal cast into your pad, or hollow cavities. The freezer thing is probably the most important thing other than a steady hand.

________________I just remembered Limbsaver Makes an AR pad that snaps right on to standard CAR stocks for about$25. I am pretty sure this will snap right onto your Tapco T6. But not a tapco side folder.

I am curious how far away can you hit the target using a slide fire stock? I like rapid fire, but I like to see it destroying something! Some real good responces to this on stocks, I was looking at the ATI stocks and scorpian grips not too sure now. I really dont think I want a folder though they look cool, I have never seen one yet that was really solid. I still may end up with a standard KVAR stock like gun fun suggested in another thread. Though I am leaning more towards the NATO length.