Buttstock and Parts Suggestions Welcome

I had long thought I was going to turn my Saiga into an Arsenal-clone of the beautiful natural looking AKs. I think my ability, work space, time, and money have all decided to postpone that idea and just buy custom (Arsenal or similar) AK someday (maybe a 5.45 rifle to be different).

In the meantime I've decided to make some more practical, sigh, "tactical" mods to my current Saiga. I currently have moved my FCG forward, added a US Palm PG, added a KVar Warsaw-length buttstock, and a Tapco Infrafuse hand guard. I will be finishing up my mag conversion (BG install and filing the mag catch to take AK mags) this week. I also have a PSO 4x optic (from Kalinka) on the optics rail.

Here's what I would ultimately like to do:

1. Add a side-folding stock.

2. Add a sling plate under the PG.

3. Add a railed hand guard.

4. Cut the muzzle shroud off/check for threads/thread if needed/add a muzzle brake or FH

I am looking for suggestions on the best best for a folder that I can install myself (would need to fold to the right to avoid the russian-style optic, and I'd like it to allow shooting from folded position if need be). I'm leaning toward ACE with the adapter. Do any owners want to confirm that the stock can work as I intend? And will the stock be straight off the receiver as well (I don't want a cant to the stock).

The right sling plate needs to not interfere with the stock or optic (thinking Echo 93, maybe the one the goes straight back?).

Lastly, I want to know what people think about the muzzle brake/FH. I am leaning toward a 74-style brake (but I need to make sure it's good to go for 7.62) or the FSC47. I've also heard of some Bulgarian brake that's supposed to be awesome, but I don't know if I've ever seen them (someone said they sort of function like an ATF-friendly suppressor). For the rail, I'm pretty sure I want the Chaos Saiga rail to save needing a retainer added. I have an AFG and will be getting a flashlight for the gun, so rails are something I'm okay with.

All right, am I dumb? Should I do something else? Suggestions?

Sounds like the Polish Beryl stock would be your best bet. Very similar to the ACE in appearance, works with the standard rear trunnion and folds to right.

57544.jpg

Serious question, what's the difference between the Beryl and the ACE Stock with the adapter? Maybe it's my imagination, but it looks like that would present a low cheek weld for my PSO scope. I'll add it to the options, though! Thanks!

Only major functional difference I know of is that the Beryl actually locks in the closed position, and the ACE is only spring loaded in the closed position. Sounds like the cheek wield could be an issue, though. Another option for you could be the Tantal folding wire stock. Same exact operation as the Beryl, but you can add a cheek riser to it:

http://www.amd65tech.com/pteg.jpg

AK_Tubular_Sidefolder4.jpg

24239-4_LG.jpg

do you sell the stock in a pack or anything with the folder mechanism?

and the Night Brake looks cool, any videos of it in action? Also, I assume it's a 14mm LH?

Only major functional difference I know of is that the Beryl actually locks in the closed position, and the ACE is only spring loaded in the closed position. Sounds like the cheek wield could be an issue, though. Another option for you could be the Tantal folding wire stock. Same exact operation as the Beryl, but you can add a cheek riser to it:

http://www.amd65tech.com/pteg.jpg

that wire stock with the cheek riser looks like nothing I've ever see before. I always disliked wire stocks, but that's a bit more palatable.

AK_Tubular_Sidefolder4.jpg

24239-4_LG.jpg

do you sell the stock in a pack or anything with the folder mechanism?

and the Night Brake looks cool, any videos of it in action? Also, I assume it's a 14mm LH?

The stock is a complete unit ready to attach to rifle.

the Night brake is available in several different threads 14x1lh being one of them.

No videos, I suck at making them(believe me I tried) I also sent out 5 free brakes to different users with the promise of a video, but got screwed 5 times on that.