So i finally saved up enough money to buy an xds, and i was talking to one of my friends today after i had tried out a rental at the range.

after telling him that i wanted to get it, we started talking about what might be happening with 2nd amendment rights and a potential AWB. he has been a firearms enthusiast for about 15 years, ( i've only been in this for about 4 years.) he mentioned some of things that happened under the clinton ban, and he suggested that instead of the xds ( which will probably still be available after any potential ban) he suggested that i dump it all into mags.

so my question to all you shooters out there who went through the clinton ban, what would you do? i have about $600. most of my guns have between 3-5 mags, so there is quite a bit of room for improvement. (more mags and parts was next years goal.) but i still want that xds

No one knows what will happen. But, with the obvious said, I am of the opinion that magazines are a good option. If you get the mags for a good price, and somehow O does not get reelected, the worst thing is that you have extra mags that you can use or sell. I tend to think of firearms and accessories as investments. But, if you are going to get them, don't wait too long and shop around. I think prices may jump closer to election day (just my opinion). Or, you can wait and see if O gets elected. IMO, that guarantees new regs and most likely an AWB. I made a purchase today big_smile.gif at a sporting goods place and they were packed. The salesman said sales have gone through the roof since the last debate. Then again, if Romney somehow pulls off a win, there will probably be plenty of deals to be had out there. So, I vote magazines.

Magazines and ammo! But.... I can't take my own advice either. There's always something I want. Like... There is a nice FNX-9 locally that I want. Should I trade my FN-P? Buy the FNX and have both? Or leave it alone and continue with what I have? Lol!

Buy what makes you happy. Mags and ammo are great, but so is having more guns! Lol!

• Like 1

Mags and ammo. In your case, buy high cap XDS mags as well. You can always buy the XDS later which will come with ten rounders if Obama is re-elected.

Uh...XDS is a single stack 6 round mag, with the "high cap" being 7 rounds.(I think) Either way it'll never come with ten rounders! LOL

Getting the mags and ammo may be the sensible thing to do but Ive never been one to do the sensible thing, I say BUY THE GUN!!!

Edited by big-J

Hello

First of all, I feel confidant that Romney is gonna light the resident's wallered-out homosexual ass up and smoke it in November, and that jihadist muzzie will just be a bad memory.

If, however, there is a mechanism in place to circumvent the will of the American people and we do wind up with the muzzie-brotherhood-by-proxie "leadership" we've been "enjoying" for the last 3-3/4 years, I don't believe the next gun ban will be like the last one.

The last one was a ban on transferring, buying, selling, giving away, etc.

The next one will be an attack on ownership. Maybe stealthy at first, like the recent tax on ammo and firearms in Chicago. But like everything we've been force fed (extra taxes on tanning salons?????) it comes incrementally. First taxes on ammo, then regulated ammo, then bans on ammo, then bans on guns. Not on transferring guns, on ownership of guns. By then, if you don't have stockpiles of ammo, who cares? If there's a $500.00 a box tax on ammo, who can afford a gun?

I may be wrong, but one thing this corksucker has done is announce his intentions. Most of the time we're just too busy to pay attention. Well, he clearly announced the other night at the debate that he "intends to ban assault-type weapons and semi-automatic handguns".

I believe him.

And I'm scared for my Country's future and for my family's future.

JMHO......

Guido in Houston

• Like 1

All you guys assume a gun ban would pass the house and senate. With gun culture the way it is all over TV and CCW permits at an all time high I dont see any gun ban being passed anytime soon. Maybe Im naive but I dont see it.

Of course your local gun store is gonna have a different opinion "better buy every gun you can while you still can!"

• Like 2

thanks guys- appreciate the input. i'm still waffling like all hell, but it's nice to know you guys think along the same lines. right now im thinking of going with the mags and some ammo. ( hell, the money i'd saved was initially earmarked for a green laser setup for a rifle. but once i hit 300, i was thinking, man, couple hundred more and i could get that xds....haha.gif

If the NRA didn't need Romney and vice-versa in order to beat Obama, he'd be getting a big fucking F rating for his voting record by the NRA. He's such a goddamned flip-flopper on 2A rights its completely unknown what he is capable of. Expect the absolute worse this next four years regardless of the outcome in November. Buy mags, buy ammo, buy semi-auto rifles and pistols.

Mags and ammo. In your case, buy high cap XDS mags as well. You can always buy the XDS later which will come with ten rounders if Obama is re-elected.

Uh...XDS is a single stack 6 round mag, with the "high cap" being 7 rounds.(I think) Either way it'll never come with ten rounders! LOL

Getting the mags and ammo may be the sensible thing to do but Ive never been one to do the sensible thing, I say BUY THE GUN!!!

XD on the brain LOL.

I agree with those who say to not trust Romney.

He's a long time pol and will say anything to get elected.

His background and history doesnt really invoke a strong 2A belief IMO.

He's like a wannbe Fudd who is just as likely to coop the big gun companies into initiating "safety" measures for great publicity and actually undercut our 2A rights.

Obviously we need to get rid of obama, just saying to not sit back & trust Romney either.

AMMO is where we have to be the most vigilant.

There are so many millions of guns already in circulation as well as independent small timers everywhere who can literally make guns now (due to advanced & relatively affordable machinery) that it will be impossible to rid the USA of guns.

Besides straight on sales tax on ammo & components, there are virtually endless ways for them to add onerous charges on the end product; through added manufacturing costs, transportation & storage costs, transfer costs, record keeping, usage and disposal/recycling costs, and of course ammo stamping. This will likely be advanced by the manufacturers themselves - probably first for LE/NATO "reasons" and then normalized into ALL ammo; because they try to use it to their advantage in selling/marketing against the competition.

whew, sorry for the rant

Harv

Big J is right that the threat isn't a legislative piece like the previous AWB.

The real threat is the Supreme Court and Executive Orders as Obama's current record shows with ANTI-CONSTITUTIONALIST justices (Sotamayer and Kagen) and enacting unpassable legislation as an Executive Order (Dream Act anyone).

To answer your question, the XDS solves the big issue I personally had with the XD platform - it doesn't require the grip safety to be depressed in order to rack the slide back (finally, like the 1911). It is as small as many subcompact 9mm's, but packs the girthy .45 ACP instead. A great firearm advance that others will likely be copying in the future. At about $520, it isn't a bargain price like the subcompact-micro Rugers, Kel-Tecs, etc. in smaller calibers, but is very consistent with the combat poly pistol pricing like M&P's, Glocks and XD's.

If you don't carry your main pistol consistently because it is too bulky, then I would opt for the XDS over the mags because carrying could save your life where extra higher capacity mags are nice to have if anything really bad happens.

• Like 1