I am sure that I am not the only one who wants a (secondary) polymer stock for his Vepr Super. I mean, for taking it out hunting - reducing the weight of the weapon and preventing the very nice walnut stock from getting tarnished in rough conditions.

Well, apparently, they do sell a polymer stock... in Russia. Even there, they seem to be pretty rare. Here's a shop that I found which offers them:

http://hunter.ykt.ru...roducts_id=1199

The price is is 10,000 rubles, which about $320! I have no clue if this place is actually legit, whether they would even consider shipping to the US, etc, etc.

OEM walnut stocks seem to be pretty common and cost $420! Weapon stuff is not cheap in Russia.

I still don't have a range report for my Super 308. I haven't been able to get out to a range since Spring - life has been very hectic and full of problems. Now, it will be almost impossible to find an open lane at my range for a couple of weeks, because the hunting season here starts in a week and everyone is out zeroing their rifles (as always) at the last possible moment.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I am sure that I am not the only one who wants a (secondary) polymer stock for his Vepr Super. I mean, for taking it out hunting - reducing the weight of the weapon and preventing the very nice walnut stock from getting tarnished in rough conditions.

Well, apparently, they do sell a polymer stock... in Russia. Even there, they seem to be pretty rare. Here's a shop that I found which offers them:

http://hunter.ykt.ru...roducts_id=1199

The price is is 10,000 rubles, which about $320! I have no clue if this place is actually legit, whether they would even consider shipping to the US, etc, etc.

OEM walnut stocks seem to be pretty common and cost $420! Weapon stuff is not cheap in Russia.

I still don't have a range report for my Super 308. I haven't been able to get out to a range since Spring - life has been very hectic and full of problems. Now, it will be almost impossible to find an open lane at my range for a couple of weeks, because the hunting season here starts in a week and everyone is out zeroing their rifles (as always) at the last possible moment.

I was thinking as far as a stock I would probably only want a second walnut stock, maybe more skeletanized and painted. Polymer flexes too much, granted the accuracy loss might not be much for an AK standard but its enough to be concerned about for a rifle intended to have some margin of bench shooter accuracy.

as far as the Range, yea life always has a way of creeping up on you. My buddy and I have had our hands full lately and a busted tractor is also keeping us from building the range.

• 3 weeks later...

after some thinking about this topic recently due to a potential job change that will require some firearms, I have come to the conclusion that maybe a fiberglass stock is in order to take the abuse. I know I could probably beat someone to death with the wood stock if needed but fiberglass might lend to that a bit better. especially since that potential job will be around very damp environments. we did use fiberglass stocks on the M14's in the Navy after all.

Edited by Dracozny