US floor plates and pre ban mags

In NY I have to use pre ban mags in my 7.62. Would new US floor plates change the status of the mags from pre ban? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Was thinking of picking some up just for the bonus parts count but was'nt sure if a new part on the mag changed it to post ban.

My understanding of the law was that parts can continue to be replaced provided no additional magazines are created, and the magazine still functions in the original firearm. Eventually to the point that no parts of the original magazine exist... But I can't confirm it.

However someone in your state probably has a better idea of the exact restrictions.

Well, it's your mag floor plates I was going to get. I think they are the only ones in the game anyhow. The issue I have is Jonny law here INTERPERATES the law his own way and you have to lawyer up and prove his ass wrong at your expense. Deal with it at work with the NYDEC. They like to ASSUME how laws are worded and we have to straighten them out. It costs lawyer fees though in the end. I just want to cover my ass. Thanks.

For what its worth you have to hold them to the light to see the made in USA stamp from a foot away its hard to tell the difference. We don't stamp dates on anything currently and would clearly state if we did date stamp things.

The general opinion on most NY based firearms forums, preban AK magazines may be repaired with new replacement parts which is why many online stores sell rebuild parts kit magazines. I can't imagine that using a new US floor plate would get you any more trouble than a new imported one.