Parts for the Vepr 12

I am trying out different parts to see what works easily. Most of the AK stocks and stock adapters will work as long as you modify them slightly to allow for the thicker receiver.

The mag catch sticks on the ones I have. Once I changed them out to the JT Engineering mag release the problem has gone away.

The Tromix trigger was a very easy drop to give you 3 US compliant parts.

Let me know if there is something specific you want me to try on these.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-VEPR-SHOTGUN-PARTS/Categories

• Like 4

Interested to know how the m4 mounts fit as I am wanting one of those.

The Vltor adapter tube mounts with no modifications. The CSS and CAA need little shaved off each side.

I will post a pic of the Vltor shortly.

• Like 2

I am

You're doing god's work here.

Thank You

It is much easier for me to test things here so you know what to expect when you receive an item.

All of the AK hand guards I have checked need a lot of modification to allow for the much thicker barrel.

I am sure Chaos can come up with a great product based on his AK47 quad.

Be able to make this forearm?

http://store.carolin...-FOREARM/Detail

That is a good question. I will look at how hard it would be to make it fit.

It will work, but you will have to change the retaining plate as the Vepr safety holds the factory plate in place using a small arm instead of through the standard hole.

I forsee the main reson to potentially change the triggers are 922r concerns, but since I have yet to see a detailed list regarding the parts count, I wanted to see the feasibility of using the stock trigger.

The US trigger is a little better and no trigger slap. The main reason to change are the 3 US compliant parts as you stated.

Most of the AK stocks will need around 1/32" taken off each side to work in the thicker receiver.

I am looking for options for handguards... if you know of any that will fit / modified to fit... etc.

I might hold off on doing anything for quite sometime with the vepr, because I suspect if more and more veprs come in - some may have the safety, mag release, metal mag wells I'd like - but even if not, the volume of veprs may dictate the availability of more accessories.

I am square with all accessories I can use now except for a handguard.

All I am going to do for a while is recoil reduction (muzzle brake, butt pad). And that may have to be redone if I change stocks. But I am going to wait and see what develops. I really hope more Veprs are coming. One thousand potential customers may not be enough to attract vendors that make weapon specific upgrade parts. Plus, the, as yet, finalized, list of things that need to be replaced for compliance.

But after literally years of anticipation, this is a small price to pay. Well after a grand for the gun anyway.