Comment on the Vepr 12 selector/safety lever?

My biggest complaint was the rough edge left over from the stamping process. They should have hit the underside of the tab with a deburring tool...

I think this would benefit from some Plasti Dip!

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

• 2 weeks later...

Arggg.. thought I would update. My hands are not that big, so when the safety was on it was not digging into my hand really. However I changed out the Molot grip with an MFT engage grip, and now digging in pretty bad. Still not that big of a deal, either I'll get used to it, or figure out a way to mod the factory safety to not dig as bad. Either remove some metal, or put a new bend on it above the existing bend where it meets the top of the hand. Just thought I'd update, since I didn't think changing the grip would effect the ergonomics of the safety. It can, a lot! So heads up...

• Like 1

To me the obvious thing to do would be exactly the same thing that should be done on any other AK. Add a Krebs style tab, and skip the Krebs notch.

With the Vepr lever, this would effectively give an ambi-safety. Index finger without breaking or shifting grip for the righties, thumb for the leftists.