vepr 12 or saiga 12k??

vepr 12 from atlantic firearms or a saiga 12k i found is the question....

havent seen a 12k in a long time and what is a fair price for them these days??? are the 12k's still on the rare side and desirable??

thanks in advance...

Not sure what the 12k looks like, but if you ever find a 12C, get it. That, from what I understand is LE model and is converted with the sidefolder and has sight rail.

Personally I would go with Vepr12 as its already converted, has rpk rear sight leaf, vepr furnature, magwell, thicker receiver, better QC.

but you have to ask yourself whats best for you.

• Like 1

thanks...having trouble verifying the saiga 12k is a "K".... serial # is H12400086...comparing to izmash website some rivets look diff...only can do pics and cant get my hands on it unfortunately.. im sure the""K" is rare which leads me to think it might not be the real deal....

any ideas are appreciated...

thanks

That looks like a "C" model. I though the K version had a different handguard.

You must be thinking of the older version.

166_saiga12k.jpg

The main difference between the "C" and "K" is the length of the barrel. The Saiga 12K is an SBS at about 17 inches of barrel.

I think that may be 13.5-14.5" of barrel. The front of the gas block is around 10".

That looks like a "C" model. I though the K version had a different handguard.

You must be thinking of the older version.

166_saiga12k.jpg

The main difference between the "C" and "K" is the length of the barrel. The Saiga 12K is an SBS at about 17 inches of barrel.

I think that may be 13.5-14.5" of barrel. The front of the gas block is around 10".

You may be right. What I can tell you is that the Saiga in the Wiki picture has a 12K stamp on the side. Also, the Izhmash website currently shows the 12K as having a 430 mm barrel. I don't know if it was always that length. Judging by the pictures, the later model seems to have a longer barrel than its predecessor.

To the answer the OP's question, if you found an authentic 12K for sale, it would be the better choice as a collector's item IMO. As for features and functionality, I think most would agree with me that the Vepr 12 is the way to go.