No lower tang, stock wobble, help.

Hey guys,

Posted this in the .308 as well but since it affects both my Saiga's and the Saiga 12 is far more popular I decided to post it here as well:

OK, so my problem is this: I have two converted Saiga's, a .308 and a 12. I did not do the conversions personally ... I noticed recently that my stocks have some wobble to them after firing ... usually just tighten up the screws. Then when I was looking at it I realized to try and figure out why it kept happening I realized there was no rear tang ... well, lo and behold I watched a conversion video on-line and realized that the rear lower tang is attached to the stock trigger guard. WTF? What is the fix for this? Try to find a machinist to spot weld that piece back on? Or something simpler that I am overlooking? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated. The wobble is driving me nuts.

Had the same problem. I just bolted a metal strap on using the existing hole. Drilled holes and shaped as needed. Works well. Good luck, Castalia

Where did you get that metal strap, out of curiosity? I like your idea and would like to replicate it as close as possible.

Kaelic,

I went to the hardware store and bought a piece of 18 guage strap material.

http://www.lowes.com...lar|1=

Then I cut a piece off with sheet metal snips and fashioned the strap I made. It is square under the grip and round were the screw goes into the stock. I cut it 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" long. Drilled the holes were they neede to be. Good luck Castalia

Edited by Castalia