Stairs in a home are actually better for old people. They give you more exercise throughout the day, gets the blood pumping and muscles working, and extends mobility and life.

Stated with the full authority and knowledge of youth I'm sure...

I agree to a point. The point is when your aged mother or father can't get up or fall down said stairs, then hopefully no blood will get pumping. Remember even Jack LaLanne died...

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 3

When I was doing my final walk through, I saw a big liberty gun safe in the basement. She agreed to sell me the gun safe and rding lawn mower with cart for $400. Seems like a decnt deal. I've already got a lawnmower, but a buddy needs ones, so i'll just sell it to him.

• Like 1

I be down there this weekend to take the safe off your hands, you dont need it.

Only thing is you need to help me get it on my VW, ya got any money for gas?

What time is good for, bout 12 will work for me, what is for lunch?

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, finally got some pics.

Front: IMAG0030.jpg

Back porch: IMAG0028.jpg

Living room IMAG0023.jpg

Bunker: IMAG0019.jpg

Found this box full of gun oil, solvent and cleaning patches:

IMAG0020.jpg

Where i park IMAG0018.jpg

The gun room. I've got to add some walls to get 'room' certification.

IMAG0016.jpg

And the shop area:

IMAG0015.jpg

• Like 4

Nice house! It has the basement, garage, workshop, bunker and living room- what more do you need? :D

Oh... kitchen might be nice to have. ;)

Are you allowed to hunt in your back yard? Any game around?

Yeah, i got a kitchen too. Its pretty good, but there are some changes i want to make. Need to get the electric stove and oven swapped out for gas. I'd really like to find a stove top that has 2 burners and a deep fryer IMAG0026.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats man- like the other said, welcome to the next moneypit. but just like this hobby, it can be very rewarding. +1 on the insualtion and CFL's. i tripled the insulation in my attic ( the previous owner didn't even know he had an attic - i shit you not). i only had some hay tossed around and the first winter was, frosty. Not interested in getting into a contest over CFLs, but if you put them in all your high traffic areas, it'll help. home depot offers a few different styles of lighting so the tint isn't as noticeable, and they still sell them around here for a buck each. not sure of the warranty, but i don't really care at that price. i checked into the mercury thing at the time, forgot what conclusion i came too, but i feel comfortable having them around my daughter. good luck , the bunker looks kickass