Anyone know who these are built by?

Honestly, ive been putting a S12 off for a long time and I think im going to pull the trigger on one before the end of the year. These any good? Id really love a custom build by a vendor here but its just out of my price range for a while and id like to get one before any more "omg saigas are gonna be banned" shit happens.

Honestly, ive been putting a S12 off for a long time and I think im going to pull the trigger on one before the end of the year. These any good? Id really love a custom build by a vendor here but its just out of my price range for a while and id like to get one before any more "omg saigas are gonna be banned" shit happens.

Dude, buy one from TAC47 drive down to Houston ,I'll fuck it up for you.....uh I mean I'll help you convert it, and you can buy the beers.beer.gif
  • Like 2

Probably Century since i've seen CAI on other "custom" S12's at various sites. But i do not know for sure.

Dude get a Vepr, they and AIM have them with free shipping right now.

Is there a pretty good selection as far as mags go for the VEPRs? From what I unerstand drums wont fit them right?

Dude, buy one from TAC47 drive down to Houston ,I'll fuck it up for you.....uh I mean I'll help you convert it, and you can buy the beers.beer.gif

I thought about getting one and doing, but its just really convenient for that price they are asking. Its still an option.

Edited by Chevyman097

Is there a pretty good selection as far as mags go for the VEPRs? From what I unerstand drums wont fit them right?

SGM will have there 10 and 12's out very soon and you can bet others will follow. Other then that, there are factory mags (5-8). No drums for a magwell in the US. Drums are fun but they ultimately become a novelty, if you ask me.

But the overall build of a Vepr is superior to a Saiga. To get one factory done the way they are, for $1k shipped is "the cats meow"! I love my S12 that i did but i have a feeling this Vepr will get more use.

Vepr=

Riveted trigger guard.

No sporter holes.

Factory pistol grip.

Top rail.

FSB/GB.

Rear AK windage adjustable sight leaf.

Removeable gas tube, like a rifle.

"Custom" selector.

Magwell.

Thicker receiver.

Probably some other things as well.

Not to mention, those S12's that are done up in the $8-900 range will not have any reliability work done to them. So factor that into it at some point.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 2

Probably Century since i've seen CAI on other "custom" S12's at various sites. But i do not know for sure.

Dude get a Vepr, they and AIM have them with free shipping right now.

I thought about getting one and doing, but its just really convenient for that price they are asking. Its still an option.

If you drive down and buy one, we will get it converted & running like a raped ape in about 4 hours.

The VEPRs come ready as pictured. The rail is polymer, and is rock steady, should hold zero well.

No drilling to drop in a Tapco trigger, no gas plug required, & magwell already installed.

If you can get the Centerfire Systems VEPR for $999, its well worth it.

This may be redundant(im sure its been asked probably) how the heck to they import them that way?

anyways that aside. I actually may get the VEPR instead. But kinda a turn off that the stock doesnt have the trap door for a cleaning kit. I guess I could mod it and add the butt plate.

The Vepr is a good buy, very hard to beat...They are undercutting anything offered by Izhmash in the states, at the moment.

ATF study says pistol grips are sporting, is my guess.

The top cover is hinged to the RSB.

The buttstock issue is minute and can be easily remedied.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

The Vepr is a good buy, very hard to beat...They are undercutting anything offered by Izhmash in the states, at the moment.

Thanks for the info.

I just might pull the trigger on one tomorrow if all goes well.....wish me luck.

Might as well before they sell out or imports get screwed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

I just might pull the trigger on one tomorrow if all goes well.....wish me luck.

Might as well before they sell out or imports get screwed.

They really are awesome and superior.Shot mine for the first time today and I was VERY impressed how well the automatic gas system cycled everything from cheap stuff to 00buck and slugs right out of the box with zero break in.Plus all the slick features like LRBHO,hinged/railed dust cover,factory Molot furniture,decent trigger,even the finish seems much better.The only downside i can see is there is no drum for it.However I am liking the idea of being able to shoot whatever load of 2.75" or 3" and not worrying about the pickeyness of ammo for the drum to function or gas setting to select to work.

Chevy.....get one before there is none to be gotten!The word out there is that only 1k units were imported and thats it for now.While there is a RUMOR that sometime next year there will be another shipment(possibly with the factory folding stock welded in open position)there is no guarantee or knowing what is really in store for us till that point.What I do know is that right now I have a Veper-12 in my posession and it is BAD ASS!

• Like 1

Well the CAI (classic Armms) Saiga I saw at a local dealers looked like a POS to me, it was only $799. But the BHO bolt hold open was missing it had a hacked up trigger guard that looked like the stock one cut up with a hack saw. Looking in through the dust cover the bone stock Tapco hammer struck the bolt at an angle and was obviously NOT profiled for the Saiga. If you really want to save money I would suggest buying an unconverted one and convert it yourself. Or you can send it to one of the quality shops( several are listed on this forum) and get it converted right. Sorrry for the rant I just dont want to see anyone get one that is full of problems, maybe the one I saw was an exception.

P.S. I thank everyone on hee i learned from BEFORE i bought one!

Edited by misterT