I think it is certainly possible we are not alone in the universe. I think we are kidding opurselves to think we are all alone. AS for proof, I need none. I believe in God and I can't say I've ever seen him either.

The images are certainly interesting. Wish there was a clear cut answer for it. Maybe someday there will be, and that would be pretty cool to know. I don't care if it's aliens or not. An answer to what it is would be nice just because I like to learn stuff about things.

• Like 4
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is certainly possible we are not alone in the universe. I think we are kidding opurselves to think we are all alone. AS for proof, I need none. I believe in God and I can't say I've ever se

I believe in aliens. Is it really too much to think that life could easily exist in other galaxies? I dont know why so many people are so quick to write off or deny the possiblilty with some scientifi

Lincoln was an alien....

Posted Images

I believe that if solid evidence is presented, it will be accepted by the scientific community. But solid does not mean a sighting in the sky. Its touchable or unmistakable, its not what weve had to this date.

How is 'solid evidence' ever going to come into occurrence unless there is serious scientific attempts to observe and study UFO phenomenon?? Is it just supposed to up and land on someone's door step one day? What if its something that can't be observed except in the skies? You take an event like the one I posted... multi-state observations by the dozens if not hundreds, photographs, and video of something that is completely unknown in the skies above our nation and tell me I'm silly for demanding an answer as to what the hell it is. How is that, among the dozens of other bizarre truly unexplainable sightings across the world in just the couple of past decades NOT enough to warrant some serious research??

Dont get me wrong risky, I agree with you. I think this sighting and many others deserve further research. But the problem is, the only evidence that can be observed is after the fact. Its hard to really analyze pictures. No matter how many or how good the quality, everything would be subject to an amount of individual opinion. One person would say its a plume of gas, another would say its a cloud and yet others would say its a space craft. Pictures and video are only testable to an extent, so there would be many questions left to be answered. So yes, to know what we are really seeing, it would need to crash in our yard so we could test the materials its made of.

I think hoaxes are the true problem where research is concerned. If there werent so many people with the hunger to be noticed, maybe these types of things would be taken more seriously. If everyone was truthful and slightly educated on the world around them, there would be way more time and effort looking into these types of reports. Sadly, we are surrounded with false reports and still others that have very lame explanations.

We would know way more if we looked into these types of things, especially if they are multiple witnesses and compelling evidence. Its too bad that its taboo to science, but they have a reason. There are more pressing issues to the worlds most intelligent people, and they do not include getting caught in another hoax. I cant really blame them.

Edited by Boomsick42

I have absolute proof of intelligent life not of this earth.

THEY HAVE NOT CONTACTED US. They know better. It'd be like trying to talk to a mayfly. biggrin.png

A rather famous theoretical physicist named Michio Kaku answers the question about whether or not superior beings, advanced thousands or millions of years ahead of us (enough to traverse the galaxy with ease), would try to contact us.

He says: "When you pass an anthill, do you ask, 'take me to your leader'. We are here in peace, we bring trinkets and beads" to the ants. Its a silly thought to talk to ants, but what are we in the galactic scale of intelligance? We dont even know yet.

We have not even been able to harness all of the energy on this planet or any others, let along mine asteroids, or use our sun to its full potential. These are some prerequisites to being able to travel about this galaxy, not even thinking of going to others.

Thinking that aliens are watching or keeping tabs on us is fuckin crazy and has absolutely zero evidence behind it. What valuable material can this planet give them that the an astroid or unoccupied planet can not. Im pretty sure no matter what other life is, they will follow the path of least resistance too.

Some may say our dna, but that is probably a common occurance in the galaxy as well. The four most abundant elements in the entire universe: hydrogen, helium(inert, doesnt count, but is still no.2), oxygen and carbon. What do ya know, the building blocks of life. And its everywhere. Chances are we are not alone, just way too far away from eachother.

Edited by Boomsick42
  • Like 1

I think off-world intelligence is over estimated in comparison to our own.

It's certainly not an "us vs. ants" comparison.

Intelligence is not the same thing as knowledge and technology.

With intelligence you can build your knowledge and technology.

We went from the Wright brothers to moon landing in about 65 years.

If we survive another thousand years, we'll have some very cool tech too.

Edit: Actually, I think we already do have some very cool tech. It's just not in the public domain.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

The problem with the idea of people being credible sources is that very few are.

-If you live in a trailer, and have had relations with your female relatives and/or farm animals....you aren't.

-If you have a normal family, pay your bills, and graduated high school....you aren't.

-If you are completely normal, well off, graduated college, and hold a nice job....you aren't.

-If you studied a relevant field at undergrad level....you still aren't,

-If your graduate studies were in the area....you may be a bit credible.

-If your career field and education were in the relevant area....then you may be somewhat credible.

-If your graduate work and doctoral work were published and peer reviewed, and your career is this precisely...then you ARE a credible source.

Problem is, those last people already work for classified programs.

The point in the above absurdism is to show that the vast majority of the US population is not a credible source on shit. Making a credible report

takes WORK. I've written one thing, only one, in my life, that can be cited as scientific work. It took most of a year. It was peer reviewed and published,

and I've got the education to back it. I mean, sure I can hold forth on all aspects of mechanical engineering in an informal discussion, but I am only a

semi-expert in one little area.

So, if you had a man, who didn't know what something in the air was, and wasn't under a top secret clearance to the US, but held degrees

in aerodynamics and aeronautical engineering, worked in the field, and had firsthand knowledge of experimental flight designs and a couple

of PhD's, then sure, he'd be a credible source. The rest of us ain't.

• Like 1

The problem with the idea of people being credible sources is that very few are.

-If you live in a trailer, and have had relations with your female relatives and/or farm animals....you aren't.

-If you have a normal family, pay your bills, and graduated high school....you aren't.

-If you are completely normal, well off, graduated college, and hold a nice job....you aren't.

-If your career field and education were in the relevant area....then you may be somewhat credible.

-If your graduate work and doctoral work were published and peer reviewed, and your career is this precisely...then you ARE a credible source.

The point in the above absurdism is to show that the vast majority of the US population is not a credible source on shit. Making a credible report

takes WORK. I've written one thing, only one, in my life, that can be cited as scientific work. It took most of a year. It was peer reviewed and published,

and I've got the education to back it. I mean, sure I can hold forth on all aspects of mechanical engineering in an informal discussion, but I am only a

So, if you had a man, who didn't know what something in the air was, and wasn't under a top secret clearance to the US, but held degrees

in aerodynamics and aeronautical engineering, worked in the field, and had firsthand knowledge of experimental flight designs and a couple

I agree 100%. And the problem is not only with recognizing things within earths atmosphere. There are very few among us who realize the true vastness of space and the difficulty of traversing it. So for other life to come to this planet, they had to travel through space to get here. Im not sure many 'believers' know the complexity of this feat.

Traveling as fast as it takes to efficiently move through the galaxy (let along going to other galaxies) would require plus light speed, speeds. They would have to combat physics, as mass traveling at or above light speed turns to energy and may or may not be able to be turned back to mass, from what we know. This technology is isnt even understood yet by humans.

These beings would also understand that traveling at light speed or above would mean that they would return back to their home planet thousands of year in the future, or millions depending how far and how fast they go. So traveling one light year, at the speed of light then coming back at the same speed, would not mean the place they started from was two years older. It would be many years older than that, as time slows down for things moving that fast, and stays the same where they left from. Its called the twin paradox.

To me this means each craft would be an island unto itself, having no bearing on the future of the civilization it left from(unless it can defy the laws of known physics). So unless it was trying to colonize somewhere far away with the last of its species, with no regard to the parent planet, trips like this would be useless.

Voltia, please correct me if I am missing something, which may be alot..

Edited by Boomsick42

Oh my Gawd!!!! That means Global Warming is real!

Poor polar bears, sucks to be you.

Thing I've noticed about alleged experts over my many years is that they can be and have been just as wrong as us heathens as often as not. Throw in a bit of research funding putting pressure favoring a particular outcome and all bets are off. Not that mine is a scientific opinion, by any means.

Tim, you're right. That's the point entirely. Alleged experts, indeed.

For instance, when I wrote that paper, I knew that every damn sentence in there had to be right.

It couldn't be wrong, because it could be cited. You can't just go saying something without exhaustive proof.

The problem is, only those who ARE the experts, know what a test peer review is. Bullshit artists don't. They

think that if they believe something, it MUST be true. Or they think that the real experts have been wrong

X number of times, therefore their opinion was no better that their own.

The problem with that thinking is that it diminishes true science. It assumes that people are pushing an agenda,

and it blocks any sort of actual advancement in the field. Ignorance can be corrected, but not when it is combined

with arrogance.

Boomsick, I'm not an expert, but FTL craft would behave like you suggest, IF, and that's a big IF, that sort of travel

could be achieved. Personally, I'd believe more in the generation ship theory, where people just live their lives on board,

and hundreds of years later it gets there, and your grandkids land out of it. Just speaking from what we do know, intersystem

travel would require a self sustaining vessel, a generational crew, and landing craft. The latter needs special note because

we have not yet made a spaceship that can land here, refuel, and take back off. Any reusable craft, like the orbiter, requires

massive boosters to get back up into space. Any alien craft would need to bring those boosters with them if they wanted to leave again.

As for the pic, without having actually seen it and how it behaved, I'd have to say man-made. My first thought was of the camoflage covering they've been working on and that it is more likely useable for vehicles rather than individuals. You know the "Predator" type camo device.

As for aliens, space travel and such, Well, my ancestors told tales of elves, trolls and such for thousnads of years. I believe that ALL Myth, Fantasy/Fiction etc, has it's roots in Fact. Even if that fact is far from what the myth has become. Many of these stories involved other world/dimensional travel via "Portals", whether a mushroom ring or a cave or even just a doorway. And this is true of most ALL ancient cultures. Include with that, all the odd "ship like" images from milinea ago, I'd say there is a very good chance we've been on someone's tourist list for quite some time.

Also, it is EXTREME arrogance to think that our piss ant science gives us understanding of more than a fraction of whats going on and is possible in our universe. While our sciences have advanced immensly over the last 100, or even 50yrs, it's still little of nothing to where we'll be in the next 50-100yrs. If we don't kick ourselves into another "Dark Age" type restart again. Sadly, it seems there are more would be world leadership types that are more interested in the kick back than the advance. Which is why I prep, lol.

MOST things we see are explainable. Some, not so much. At least not yet. I'm still working on the two solid lights my daughter and I saw while camping in East Central Arizona. They seemed high up and moveing very fast, straight at each other, then suddenly, just before impact, turned 90* and flew straight away from each other in opposite directions. Likely something man made, but I'm yet to see anything that can turn like that at that speed. YMMV

• Like 1

Also, it is EXTREME arrogance to think that our piss ant science gives us understanding of more than a fraction of whats going on and is possible in our universe. While our sciences have advanced immensly over the last 100, or even 50yrs, it's still little of nothing to where we'll be in the next 50-100yrs.

I have to agree, but science is the best method we have, and the best method weve ever had to explain the things we dont understand. Of course, there are many things we see with our own eyes that can never be explained sufficiently. If we had a chance to see these things up close, it would be a different story.

To me, the biggest problem is when people use mythology, religion, or popular culture to quickly explain away things that deserve a better answer. Humans seem to think they have it all figured out, even if they dont know shit about what they saw, or the physics behind it. Not knowing to begin with and then not trying to find truth in the realm of science which we know, then substituting the fact that we dont know with aliens or god is absurd. (in general, not directed at you bps12)

The good news is that in the years to come, science will give even more answers than we have now. Hopefully, with more advanced truth and scientific discovery, the earths population of the will be less ignorant to the world around them. Well, probably not the middle east and africa, but the semi secular world should eventually be less subject to superstition, I hope.

• Like 1

Agreed and no offense taken Boomstick. I'm an Evolutionist myself, as well as a Theist. From my point of veiw, science tends to be confirming much of what was already known(though only in the broadest of strokes). Science is fine tuning our knowledge. Problem is, science folk tend right off whats come before. Rather than build on it. So we end up trying to reinvent the wheel, repeatedly. Kinda like the M16, lol. Admittedly, it's a bitch sorting out the diamonds out of the BS. But they're there.

Voltia, you're correct. Science, by nature, builds upon itself. However, there tends to be a disconnect between our knowledge today and the ancient knowledge. Ie, we have diffinitive evidence of electricity and battery usage in the ancient Medateranian(sp) and yet we credit ol' Ben Franklin with its "discovery". Its much like crediting Columbus with the "discovery" of America, even though we know he spent alot of time in Copehagen, where the writings of a turn of the millennium Icelander were housed at the time, describing the "New World". The Vinland Saga and others.

Personally, I blame this disconnect on the rise of the various Monotheisms and later Atheism. Both having a propensity to destroy anything that didn't agree with their concepts/agendas. So that come the Renisance(sp), we had to virtually start over.