Vepr 308 finished

Nice. I have the 20" version of that one. I'll eventually have it all fixed up. I'm concentrating on mags right now. Sent Cspecs an email, haven't heard back yet.

Right now I'm just looking forward to using the factory 5 rounder on a deer next month. It's gonna get slayed and eaten :D

I think I just replied to you.

Odds are the rear lug is a little oversized for most of the new rifles. We assumed it was the same size range as the saiga .308 and 20 gauge. Molot does seem to be holding a lot closer to one size than the saigas ever did.

Nah I haven't gotten a reply yet. I figure you're prolly a little slammed with emails right now. Mine was a question about order quantity.

Yeah My factory mag, the tab is significantly thinner on the bottom than an AK style mag. The bottom angle is different, more acute angle, less material.

It works though. And to be honest I prefer more material on an application like that than less.

• 2 weeks later...

Parts used

Krebs stock adapter

DPH skeleton stock

Scorpion grip

CSS forend

Shooting 100 yard range. All over the place with bipod until I started holding down forend and hit bulls eye couple of times.

target308.jpg

vepr1.jpg

vwpr2.jpg

vepr3.jpg

vepr4.jpg

Now that is a cool looking VEPR. Only criticism is your scope is "to damn high"big_smile.gif

Edited by avatar
  • 2 weeks later...

If you decide to go lower:

Best to take a rule/scale with you to your local gun shop and measure. I have one made by STI for my machine shop class. (That's ST Industries, not STI like Subaru.) Mine is a 6 inch rule. Take the top cover height into consideration when thinking about what rings you'd want. Closer to the bore it is, easier it'll be to dial in and adjust as needed. Easier to get a cheek weld to stay accurate too.

The tws top cover will not fit the integrated sight veprs, the rear sight block is different and the attachment for the cover will not work on these, if you have a version 1 vepr, with the original iron sight configuration, the one with rear sight leaf, those will work with the tws top cover rail.

Ok didn't know that thanks....