Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

Started with a drop in Tromix trigger group, Tromix extended bolt on charge handle, JTE main spring, JTE extended mag release, Vltor stock adpter tube, Magpul STR stock, ATI Scorpion grip, HiViz AK fiber optic sight.

post-9063-0-87496500-1351790365_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-27249000-1351790372_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-28310600-1351790378_thumb.jpg

post-9063-0-67335700-1351790384_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Started with a drop in Tromix trigger group, Tromix extended bolt on charge handle, JTE main spring, JTE extended mag release, Vltor stock adpter tube, Magpul STR stock, ATI Scorpion grip, HiViz AK fiber optic sight.

Any reason you chose the Vltor Stock Adapter Tube over the M4 Style Stock Adapter Tube?

Just asking because I was looking to have the stock inline with the Barrel.

Any reason you chose the Vltor Stock Adapter Tube over the M4 Style Stock Adapter Tube?

I can't speak for CSS, but for me I will go with the vltor for the QD cups to use as sling attachment points. The CSS is about a 1/4 in higher, and allows the stock to collapse all the way to the receiver.

Note, for now, the Vltor will attach to the Vepr without any modification. The CSS, however is fit for the thinner receiver and will require sanding, grinding, what-not to get it into the Vepr.

This^^

I guess because it requires modding to fit. I plan on getting the M4 Style Stock Adapter Tube. Would be cool if they made some already modded ones that fit vepr 12's.

• Like 1

I had a used STR stock that was Milspec size and the Vltor was the only one that is Milspec.

Pulled the laminated stock that came on the gun, and replaced it with a K-Var NATO length one. Mounted an Aimpoint T-1, and a slotted PolyChoke.

molotvepr12009.jpg

molotvepr12010.jpg

After taking it out and being impressed with it's accuracy, I decided it might benefit from a little magnification, so I mounted a Russian PU 3.5X22 with a German post reticle.

puscopeonvepr12001.jpg

This set-up places the red dot on top of the post if I stack them together.

pureticle004.jpg

Now it can join the some of it's relatives... 027.gif

sstuff009copy.jpg

• Like 5

Whats the LOP on that? I like it.

Thanks. It's short -- 12" from trigger to buttplate. The RPK stock looks a lot longer than it actually is. Gives some room for a thick pad, but I think I'd have to make that.

Thanks. It does look decieving, but very good at the same time. Where did you buy your furniture from?

Thanks. It does look decieving, but very good at the same time. Where did you buy your furniture from?

Jestice Arms -- google, or email sales@jestice arms. When I emailed the guy a week ago or so, he still had about 9 RPK sets left (most weren't matching color). It will take some dremmeling on the handguards and buttstock. I actually have a better fit out of the lower handguard now. The upper handguard is a pain to remove, have to get a good grip on the gas tube and twist the plastic off. It's not so hard to get the wood on, though.

Edited by Koljec

Socom Blue Cerakote barrel and receiver

Titanium Cerakote Bolt / Carrier

Graphite Black Cerakote Furniture internals and E-Tac muzzle device

Tapco rails added to factory stock

DPH stock and Ace folding Mechanism

Tig welded rear receiver for folding mech.

Aimpoint Comp M2

Tapco trigger system

Shot peened bolt lugs and face

AK Sling

post-41717-0-60357200-1351969254_thumb.jpeg

post-41717-0-47436000-1351969265_thumb.jpeg

post-41717-0-15004700-1351969295_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Socom Blue Cerakote barrel and receiver

Titanium Cerakote Bolt / Carrier

Graphite Black Cerakote Furniture internals and E-Tac muzzle device

Tapco rails added to factory stock

DPH stock and Ace folding Mechanism

Tig welded rear receiver for folding mech.

Aimpoint Comp M2

Tapco trigger system

Shot peened bolt lugs and face

AK Sling

Wow. Looks awesome.

Did you do an air dry Cerakote or Baked on?

Did you remove the magwell?

Did you get a price break on those mags when you bought that many?

Unfortunately, no. I have been holding/buying them every time i have some extra money for the last two years. I have more invested in mags then the V12 is worth. But I have a 030 and 040 to balance it out ;-)

• Like 3

Unfortunately, no. I have been holding/buying them every time i have some extra money for the last two years. I have more invested in mags then the V12 is worth. But I have a 030 and 040 to balance it out ;-)

With all the new Vepr 12's released maybe it is time for someone to organize a group buy... cool.png

• Like 1

Pulled the laminated stock that came on the gun, and replaced it with a K-Var NATO length one. Mounted an Aimpoint T-1, and a slotted PolyChoke.

molotvepr12009.jpg

molotvepr12010.jpg

After taking it out and being impressed with it's accuracy, I decided it might benefit from a little magnification, so I mounted a Russian PU 3.5X22 with a German post reticle.

puscopeonvepr12001.jpg

This set-up places the red dot on top of the post if I stack them together.

pureticle004.jpg

Now it can join the some of it's relatives... 027.gif

sstuff009copy.jpg

Mounting Aimpoint like this could made malfunctions, as shell ejects up and could strike the base of Red dot and move back into the receiver (proved by Russian shouters), is recommend to fix Red dot at the end of the rail.

The following video explain why Red Dot fixing like yours Aimpoint and Big Diameter Charging handle could made malfunctions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8AF3kk2oE

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 1

Mounting Aimpoint like this could made malfunctions, as shell ejects up and could strike the base of Red dot and move bake into the receiver (proved by Russian shouters), is recommend to fix Red dot at the end of the rail.

Move to the far rear end of the rail closest to the eye?

Mounting Aimpoint like this could made malfunctions, as shell ejects up and could strike the base of Red dot and move bake into the receiver (proved by Russian shouters), is recommend to fix Red dot at the end of the rail.

Yes. Closer then Aimpoint Comp M2 on DAC45 Vepr.

Edited by PapaZorro

Yes.

Thank you for the information! I planned on shooting the gun today, and I will move the Aimpoint to the rear.

Its the bake on Cerakote. I removed everything down to the rail on the dust cover. Milled out the rivets and replaced them when done. From the factory, their is not coating under the rail on the dust cover and I want as much protection as possible.

Its the bake on Cerakote. I removed everything down to the rail on the dust cover. Milled out the rivets and replaced them when done. From the factory, their is not coating under the rail on the dust cover and I want as much protection as possible.

how did you remove the magwell?