Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

Thanks Guys!

Next step, find a shop that will cut & thread the barrel then pen/weld the brake to bring it to 18".

There is one here locally, but they are so backed up at the moment. I am going to have to send it out. Anyone that does this, speak up!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

That's the Rifle Dynamics AK adapter available from Impact Weapons Components with the Magpul UBR Stock.

I haven't shot it yet with that stock. Might be able to today.

Does it drop in without mods?

Yes sir. No modding required.

Thanks.

Glad you guys like it.

Sent off a bunch of it to be professionally Cerakoted. Took awhile to get that processed, but I like he results.

Are all of the FDE bits cerakoated ?

It looks like a stock front upper handguard, what is the lower?

Great looking rig!

what a stand up rifle!

Heyo!

Nothing fancy on mine. Missing front and rear sights (ordered, but might take a while due to the scare). Magpul MOE short grip and short rail, Hogue ergo grip with storage compartment, E93 v3QD sling mount. SGM 10 rounder.

20130112_122056.jpg

20130112_121756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I finally got around to taking a picture after having taken her out to the range several times and putting a lot of rounds through her.

Second one is at my FFL and available in 4 more days... I absolutely love the feel and accuracy of this rifle. With iron sights she's very accurate at 50 yards and I haven't tried farther yet.

It was really fun reading everyone's informative posts on the board which allowed me to figure out what would work and what wouldn't relative to mods.

I haven't ever really focused on the AK platform so this was a real learning experience. Thanks to Papa Zorro and others for some insightful posts!

I still have a couple more mods to go but decided it was time to post a pic after replying to the post about the AK to M4 stock adapter and including one.

I want to change out the AK sights and Optics so I can get a co-witness like I have on my AR platform rifles. Click on the pic to get a larger view.

Have a GREAT weekend!

VEPR12.JPG

• Like 1

CSS Brake, CSS gas puck, Hogue AK ruberized handguards with quad poly rails, Hogue pistol grip,Vltor Milspec extension tube, Mission first Milspec But stock with adjustable cheek riser, Aimpoint T-1, Magpul Moe vertical grip.

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

Edited by Aeromat209
  • Like 1
CSS Brake, CSS gas puck, Hogue AK ruberized handguards with quad poly rails, Hogue pistol grip,Vltor Milspec extension tube, Mission first Milspec But stock with adjustable cheek riser, Aimpoint T-1, Magpul Moe vertical grip.

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

Aeromat, how did you install that Hogue AK handguard on the Vepr? I thought that stuff was incompatible with the RPK style Vepr's?

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

Aeromat, how did you install that Hogue AK handguard on the Vepr? I thought that stuff was incompatible with the RPK style Vepr's?

Easey Peasey I just had to file @ 1/4 " off the receiver end of the HG with a file and file the end tab of the HG to fit into the slot in the reciever! Fits snug but have not shot it yet . That will be the final test. The Hogue HG feels sooo much better with bare hads than the factory HG , Wearing gloves not a big deal . My whole thing was I did not want to put a US trigger group in and messing with the file work needed so the safety would operate correctly!

• Like 2
pics

@rockmup : Did you mod the stock top handguard, or is that aftermarket? Looks real clean!!

Its just something I had that was in a box. I have no idea where it came from

documentmsgIdINBOXDELIM6869part2len.jpgdocumentmsgIdINBOXDELIM6854part2len.jpgdocumentmsgIdINBOXDELIM6868part2len.jpg

Sick looking paint job! How did you do it?

Its just Duracoate. Done with a brush

Edited by rockmup

The Bonesteel VEPR 12 AR Folder is in! Very tight and solid fit for the receiver. A+

bonesteel-vepr-12-ar-dresnightfire_zps34

I opted for the cheekweld when unfolded and am aware that the cheekweld width of the STR exceeds the limit for the the locking mechanism to engage (threw this on for pics).

The first screw that goes into the nut inside the receiver wasn't long enough, so I'll be following up on getting a longer screw (not visible in the pics and not a big problem).

• Like 2