Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

The Bonesteel VEPR 12 AR Folder is in! Very tight and solid fit for the receiver. A+

bonesteel-vepr-12-ar-dresnightfire_zps34

I opted for the cheekweld when unfolded and am aware that the cheekweld width of the STR exceeds the limit for the the locking mechanism to engage (threw this on for pics).

The first screw that goes into the nut inside the receiver wasn't long enough, so I'll be following up on getting a longer screw (not visible in the pics and not a big problem).

Looks Sweeet !! good news is you can easily change the butt stock if tyou find you need a higher cheek riser

Great pics. Especially the Russians. I really want the original Russian folding stock, handguards and gas block for mine. Would love to be able to find those!!

Those parts are out there if you search hard enough. The problem is getting them for a reasonable price!

Great pics. Especially the Russians. I really want the original Russian folding stock, handguards and gas block for mine. Would love to be able to find those!!

Those parts are out there if you search hard enough. The problem is getting them for a reasonable price!

Yep. I am learning these things. I am officially "on the hunt". Hopefully I can have some good luck.

Most annoying mod ever. I probably could have widdled an RPK handguard out of a block of wood in the same amount of time. Lots of cutting with a pocket knife, and dremeling made it possible. It comes with a rail on the left and right side, but you need to mod it even further to be able to have both rails attached at the same time. I planned on using only one rail anyway and taking the other side of regardless. It is an MFT Tekko grip. I didn't want the top railed handguard, so purchased a US made plain smooth top handguard. This was plan from the begining, which once again worked out because the lower handguard had to be modded so much that the top railed handguard would no longer be compatible with it.

DSC02021_cr_zps362df5b9.jpg

Edited by Muffman
  • Like 1
Most annoying mod ever. I probably could have widdled an RPK handguard out of a block of wood in the same amount of time. Lots of cutting with a pocket knife, and dremeling made it possible. It comes with a rail on the left and right side, but you need to mod it even further to be able to have both rails attached at the same time. I planned on using only one rail anyway and taking the other side of regardless. It is an MFT Tekko grip. I didn't want the top railed handguard, so purchased a US made plain smooth top handguard. This was plan from the begining, which once again worked out because the lower handguard had to be modded so much that the top railed handguard would no longer be compatible with it.

DSC02021_cr_zps362df5b9.jpg

Nice work Muffman! 3 Questions:

1) Is it polymer or rubbery?

2) Where did you get the upper handguard and is it polymer or rubbery as well?

3) Will the Tekko upper hanguard (with the rail on top) fit or does it require modding also?

• Like 1

Thanks! 3 Answers:

1. Polymer and US made.

2) I bought it from Ultimak, it is US made. It is polymer.

3) It will not fit because it attaches to 2 holes in the lower handguard. Those holes are like tubes in the lower handgaurd that have to be cut out for the barrel to fit inside.

If enough people are interested I can do a write up on this. I think for both lower and upper handguard I am still < $50. This took me quite a lot of time and alchohol to figure out. Someone with less alchohol, better tools, and a write up could do it in probably less than half the time it took me. Also this is a crappy picture. This link gives you a better idea of what it looks like.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/2012/11/15/review-mission-first-tactical-tekko-ak47-integrated-rail-system/

Thanks!!

That is a primary arms, however will be an Eotech very shortly. I decided to go with an m4 stock because I have always wanted a shotgun with an Eotech RDS. I was planning on chopping the barrel and permanently attaching a brake, however I have commitment issues. I plan on skeet shooting some with her, and I am really interested in playing with chokes. I also would like to see how much a flash hider will tame the flames at night. My ideal set up would be a tax stamp so I can have a shorter barrel and still swap out my muzzle attachments. I'm thinking about welding on a rail to the bottom of my gas block like the OEM version, so I can run a wood RPK handguard, and still mount a flashlight.

Edited by Muffman
  • Like 1
Thanks!!

That is a primary arms, however will be an Eotech very shortly. I decided to go with an m4 stock because I have always wanted a shotgun with an Eotech RDS. I was planning on chopping the barrel and permanently attaching a brake, however I have commitment issues. I plan on skeet shooting some with her, and I am really interested in playing with chokes. I also would like to see how much a flash hider will tame the flames at night. My ideal set up would be a tax stamp so I can have a shorter barrel and still swap out my muzzle attachments. I'm thinking about welding on a rail to the bottom of my gas block like the OEM version, so I can run a wood RPK handguard, and still mount a flashlight.

I felt the same way, I was thinking about having one "Long Gun" version to use the GK-01 or swap other muzzle devices on at will, and another SBS'd or at least perm attached muzzle device.

In the end, I have decided to keep only one - I am perm attaching a 3.5" brake and loading it for a "Full Length" (18" with brake) tactical build.

GK-01 was too big for me in this context so I am going to be off loading that, etc - which is ashamed because you can FEEL the difference it makes, it's very effective and impressive.

I have an Eotech for mine as well. I love the PA red dots btw, I have two of them. Usually I will have one of each top tier - Eotech, Aimpoint, etc and then get a few lower tier units for other builds since optics are so costly. But I have to say the PA is a very impressive unit for 100 bucks. It's sweet, I have them on a few AK rifles.

I felt the same way, I was thinking about having one "Long Gun" version to use the GK-01 or swap other muzzle devices on at will, and another SBS'd or at least perm attached muzzle device.

In the end, I have decided to keep only one - I am perm attaching a 3.5" brake and loading it for a "Full Length" (18" with brake) tactical build.

GK-01 was too big for me in this context so I am going to be off loading that, etc - which is ashamed because you can FEEL the difference it makes, it's very effective and impressive.

I have an Eotech for mine as well. I love the PA red dots btw, I have two of them. Usually I will have one of each top tier - Eotech, Aimpoint, etc and then get a few lower tier units for other builds since optics are so costly. But I have to say the PA is a very impressive unit for 100 bucks. It's sweet, I have them on a few AK rifles.

What brake did you decide to go with? Can't wait to see your build when complete. Going to be super jelly of your new gas block. Do you expect to have to open up the ports any since your shortening the barrel?

@3Gun

Definitely not the best looking, but I'm all for function over looks too. I would add more bandages and try to make it look like a pieced together post-apocalyptic shotgun. bwhahah

Edited by Muffman

What brake did you decide to go with? Can't wait to see your build when complete. Going to be super jelly of your new gas block. Do you expect to have to open up the ports any since your shortening the barrel?

I actually went with the Red Jacket brake. Ya I know, but it's actually a nice brake and the right length for my build since I didn't want to cut too much and risk issues. Plus it has a more tactical feel to it, meat grinder up front, good for breaching, and I happen to like better than the Tromix Shark. I liked Obi's design but it may have been a bit long, and a bit more competition style than tactical.

It's unknown if anything will need to change with the cut yet. The smith that has it is very experienced with Saigas but this is his first vepr. He suspects if anything a shorter recoil spring, but everyone has different ways of addressing it. I may have the carrier re-worked anyway - ala Pauly or Cobra. I am also digging the JTE recoil spring assembly.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks really nice MAKAK!. how did you do your lettering? I am drooling over that smile.png

I'm not sure how he did his white lettering, but I used a Lacquer Stik. Hobby shops sell them in different colors.

This thread is worth a look... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85363-coloringpainting-etchingstamping/

• Like 1

I used Testors Enamel model paint, I put it on a toothpick, got a glob and put it on the letters and it immediately soaks into the letters. After covering all the letters I let it sit for an hour, then used break free CLP on a rag and GENTLY started rubbing over the letters until only the enamel paint in the engravings was left. Probably one of the easiest yet coolest things you can do to your gun.

• Like 1

Mine so far...

Tromix G2

Tromix extended charging handle

CSS Puck

CSS Raptor with cheek rest w/ 1" Ace pad

Removed tang and added internal receiver block

Push button folding mechanism

Poly-Choke II

CAA pistol grip

Molot competition magwell

Ram mag extended release

Handguard picatinny mod

MagPul AFG

MyMolotVepr12_01_zps1a3abbd1.jpg

MyMolotVepr12_02_zpsf702dbd5.jpg

MyMolotVepr12_03_zps30e278f5.jpg

MyMolotVepr12_04_zps68ce76af.jpg

MyMolotVepr12_05_zps1d860f24.jpg

MyMolotVepr12_06_zps16781737.jpg

Just waiting for the Chaos Vepr 12 quad rail and then it will be complete. I think...

Edited by HighCaliber762
  • Like 3

Still a work in progress, but it's finally getting there... I'm loving this shotgun! black_heart.gifgreedy.gif

Compliance parts:

K Var Nato length AK stock

New Cobra's Custom modified AK HGs, with pic rail and retainer insert

Heavily modified and polished K Var / Arsenal FCG, with JT main spring and a 2 1/4 lb pull weight

DPH Arms 10 slot flash hider

Performance upgrades and other additions so far:

Polished bolt and carrier

Polished extractor with modified replacement spring

Polished rails, ejector, feed ramp, extractor notch and barrel hood

TWS rear peep sight

Russian military sling

White lettering

Tapco stubby VFG

Sight Mark QD holo sight

Grenade launching butt pad

S-12 cleaning kit inside the trapdoor butt plate

Izmash 8 rd mags

Modified AGP 10 rd mags (black and smoked clear)

<EDIT> These do operate the LRBHO and will drop free when released.

More planned upgrades as time allows:

Izhmash folding synthetic stock

Double extended mag release

Modified selector with left side thumb lever

Custom bolt release mod

Custom made forward rail under gas block

Laser

Glow in the dark front and rear sights

Custom charging handle extension

Left side charging handle

Eventually shorten barrel to around 11" and re-thread

Here are a couple of pics I took today, and I will return and post a couple more showing the other added accessories and mags.

post-1293-0-69499500-1361401491_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-26013700-1361401511_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
Still a work in progress, but it's finally getting there... I'm loving this shotgun! black_heart.gifgreedy.gif

Compliance parts:

New Cobra's Custom modified AK HGs, with pic rail and retainer insert

Wait, wait..backup... Details on the HG please.

Details on the HGs soon to follow in our business section. Stay tuned. wink.png

I've also now perfected AGP mag conversions that operate the LRBHO. and will drop free. cool.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Fresh off the FedEx truck.. bad_smile.gif

I'll post some more this evening.

attachicon.gifIMAG0436.jpg

This is how mine is set up. I bought a K-Var stock for mine but it seemed to be a bit thin. I swapped it out with my cheap Saiga 5.45 build's stock which was a tapco. I actually think the tapco stock looks much more handsome on the S12 than the original AK stocks. It's thicker and goes with the receiver and molot grip better, makes it look heavy duty. Also, very impressed with MD Arms molot grip, feels very durable, expensive.