Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

Nice setup. who makes the winchoke hider you have there?

Thanks. I believe it is made by DPH.

I tried looking for this win choke hider....no luck. Can you remember where you bought it? Thanks!!

T

I think I got it from CSS but they have not had them in awhile. I bought it because I thought it looked nice and was a good idea. Then I put it in a drawer and almost for about it until I was having Legion put those guns together. The DPH was the perfect length for legality while looking like a Russian hider and still giving the option for chokes on a permanent muzzle attachment.

Edited by vette447
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lucked into one of the few remaining new 19" Vepr 12 fixed stock models on Gunbroker last week...just got it a few days ago and already dressed her up a little bit. Loving it so far big_smile.gif

DSC_0799_zpse43755fc.jpg

DSC_0802_zps0e143134.jpg

With a few relatives...

DSC_0806_zps4a1ae6d5.jpg

DSC_0798_zps3b3f3c9c.jpg

Edited by hoevito

Darkstar what length barrel is that? Has it been shortened?

Looks like the correct Russian Vepr-12 bbl length, which I think is about 17", like the guns that Legion brought in. 

To clarify, it is a Legion model with original length barrel.  Same as the two vette447 has.  My OCD kicked in and I sent it back had the DPH flash hider removed and a Molot flash hider installed.  

To stay true to the picture thread:

post-29460-0-42973800-1397784746_thumb.png

post-29460-0-08535200-1397784885_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It was simple it took all of 1.5 hours to do, and that was with me taking measurements and documentation photos to do a tutorial for everyone who wants to go this route. I have not posted any of that up because I wanted to do a durability test to make sure it would not splinter or crack from the pressure..... After 25 slugs, ~75 high brass buck shot, and a couple of hundred rounds of bird shot, I have not seen any splintering or cracking at all. I still need to smooth over a run in the polyurethane :( but after that I will do a more in dept post for the wood handguards.

Just broke it in with Fed 00 and slugs. No failures at all. Opened the box gave it some oil and racked it a few times.

I started dry stright from the box and fired 200 rounds of federal birdshot with no issues at all.
Bought it a week ago, just got done modding it. The ATI scorpion pistol grip is amazingly comfortable and fits perfectly, highly recommended. Btw, with the chaos quad rail, the stock is not able to lock into the stock release button due to the bulging out of the side rail. Others on here have reported that they were able to fold and lock in the stock, i'm not sure what's the problem is with mine.

2014-05-13232619.jpg

2014-05-13203524.jpg

2014-05-13200803.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I lucked into one of the few remaining new 19" Vepr 12 fixed stock models on Gunbroker last week...just got it a few days ago and already dressed her up a little bit. Loving it so far big_smile.gif

DSC_0799_zpse43755fc.jpg

DSC_0802_zps0e143134.jpg

With a few relatives...

DSC_0806_zps4a1ae6d5.jpg

DSC_0798_zps3b3f3c9c.jpg

What stock tube are you using on your vepr12?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...