Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

My VEPR 12

M4 style tube 6 position from CSS and Magpul m4 stuck stock. Tromix drop in tapco drigger and a vented Polly choke.

vepr124.jpg

and without choke.

VEPR123.jpg

how dose that tromix drop in trigger feel compared to the original.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

My VEPR 12

M4 style tube 6 position from CSS and Magpul m4 stuck stock. Tromix drop in tapco drigger and a vented Polly choke.

vepr124.jpg

and without choke.

VEPR123.jpg

Stock looks Great!

Considering all the work& Mods to get the CSS M4 Style Tube to fit ... do you feel it was worth it?

I have a vltor on my AK.

I thought the CSS collapsing all the way was awesome.

A few things:

1) Looks cool only, not useful collapsed all the way in for me.

2) Fitting on the Vepr. Eh. No fitting required with Vltor.

3) The QD swivel attachments on the Vltor are awesome and I use them for a sling on my AK. I will use them on the VEPR as well.

Vltor it is.

Css has them as well.

I agree that how the css collapses all the way is cool, however not very useful. Imo the biggest pro of the css is that it is mounted up higher than all other stocks. And if you plan on using the railed dustcover you will need that extra height since your optic is already up higher than other mounting solutions on ak's, suck as ultimak, MI handguards, and TWS railed dustcover. Idk, I'm sure the Vltor with a 3/4" cheek riser would provide a good cheek weld with an eotech. But looks like with the css it definitely would, and 3/4" would prob be too tall, might have to go with a 1/2" cheek riser. Ehhh... I'm still debating between the two though... = [

Nice looking folder you have made for your VEPR. What type,of hinge are you using with it?

thanks for the compliment. Its just a cheap hinge from the hardware store. it started out looking like this.

Stanleyhinge.jpg

this is what it looks like now up close.

Picture048.jpg

Picture052.jpg

and here is a shot of it before paint.

20121107145602.jpg

the hinge has a little play in it so I believe at some point i may do something different. I am going to try to put a hardened hinge pin in the hinge to see if that helps. If it doesn't i may break down and buy an ace folding mechanism. All in all I only have about 10 bucks in the hole thing.

Edited by rogers
  • Like 2

My VEPR 12

and without choke.

Stock looks Great!

Considering all the work& Mods to get the CSS M4 Style Tube to fit ... do you feel it was worth it?

First ill start by saying, I dont REGRET doing it. Is it worth it? Well thats debatable. I think depending on the patience of each person is varies. I would not do it again without more detailed instructions ill say that. Hell maybe ill pull it apart and do a how to guide. Maybe that would help some.

But for the money I spent on it. i think a vendor could have these exact mounting blocks modded to drop right in and sell for the same price or even more. I sure hope some one starts making them in the future. I would have definitely paid more for a drop in stock. Now if the stock and tube had been cheaper, I would not have minded modding it at all. I just think for the price, and potential price they could get for a drop in kit there should be something available. I know the VEPR 12s are new, so lets hope some one starts providing these.

i will probably go back eventually and paint the spots I nicked in the process of modding it. I had some pretty noticeable oops marks. I just havnt decided yet if I want to go for a color scheme or just do a solid duracoat. I sure have always admired peoples digi cam on their guns.

• Like 1

Nice looking folder you have made for your VEPR. What type,of hinge are you using with it?

thanks for the compliment. Its just a cheap hinge from the hardware store. it started out looking like this.

Stanleyhinge.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture052.jpg

20121107145602.jpg

the hinge has a little play in it so I believe at some point i may do something different. I am going to try to put a hardened hing pin in the hinge to see if that helps. If it doesn't i may break down and buy an ace folding mechanism. All in all I only have about 10 bucks in the hole thing.

+! for ingenuity

Stanleyhinge.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture052.jpg

20121107145602.jpg

the hinge has a little play in it so I believe at some point i may do something different. I am going to try to put a hardened hing pin in the hinge to see if that helps. If it doesn't i may break down and buy an ace folding mechanism. All in all I only have about 10 bucks in the hole thing.

+! for ingenuity

thanks man. Right now I have a lot of free time on my hands and not a lot of money. I had to sell a few things just to get the vepr 12 so dropping a lot of money on a nice folding stock wasn't an option. Necessity is the mother of invention and i needed a folding stock!

• Like 1

Here's mine

Tromix shark brake

Tromix fcg

Tromix firing pin

JTE main spring

ACE stock with folding mech

MSA adapter

Also have a XS big dot but I could not get the windage drum to budge.

Havok,

Really like the ACE folder and was wondering how hard it was to install ?? Is it pug and play or cutting and grinding ??

Sharky

Here she is. Its done other than a few little bits and pieces. It has a custom built folder that I loosely modeled after an SVD folding stock, tapco trigger, and a magpul rail and foregrip added to the handgaurd.

Picture044.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture038.jpg

your folder looks better than most after market folders. Now why can't aftermarketers make a folder that doesnt bulge out like a freaking tumor?

• Like 2

Here she is. Its done other than a few little bits and pieces. It has a custom built folder that I loosely modeled after an SVD folding stock, tapco trigger, and a magpul rail and foregrip added to the handgaurd.

Picture044.jpg

your folder looks better than most after market folders. Now why can't aftermarketers make a folder that doesn't bulge out like a freaking tumor?

Thanks man. That is a big reason why i built it, I can't stand the bulges that a lot of stocks have around the trunion area either. I really wanted a folding SVD stock or a Russian triangle folder because they fold flush with the receiver, but I don't have that kind of money to drop on a stock right now. And the idea of cutting the tang off is not something I wanted to do since these are somewhat rare right now. It took me a few days to come up with a way to keep the tang and have it fold. knowing the way gun stuff is, if enough people want something like this I am sure some one will mass produce it. (and not pay me a cent009.gif )

• Like 2

Picture044.jpg

your folder looks better than most after market folders. Now why can't aftermarketers make a folder that doesn't bulge out like a freaking tumor?

Thanks man. That is a big reason why i built it, I can't stand the bulges that a lot of stocks have around the trunion area either. I really wanted a folding SVD stock or a Russian triangle folder because they fold flush with the receiver, but I don't have that kind of money to drop on a stock right now. And the idea of cutting the tang off is not something I wanted to do since these are somewhat rare right now. It took me a few days to come up with a way to keep the tang and have it fold. knowing the way gun stuff is, if enough people want something like this I am sure some one will mass produce it. (and not pay me a cent009.gif )

Great Job! Looks Amazing!!!

Picture044.jpg

Great Job! Looks Amazing!!!

Thanks, I went and shot with it some yesterday and it worked great. I am not going to crack anybody over the head with it but its solid enough for me.

• Like 2