Picture Post, Lets see your Vepr-12

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My VEPR VPO205 with 12 inch (305 mm) barrel. Factory version 03.      

Got mine finally picked up today it is fucking outstanding the rail is straight and the mods have already started. I put on my metal compitition magwell and GK-01 today. I have six 8rd'ers and a 5rd'e

New batch of parts from Russia just came in. Will be updating our website over the weekend. For now here is a picture of my personal V12.

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New toy I just picked up.

This is my first Vepr, I have a 433 from Legion USA, and I was browsing their website and came across this little beauty.

Just unpacked it

mJyLzms.jpg

YkIMJYn.jpg

cDAzXDW.jpg

Put a spare 433 magazine I had lying around

BRu4Vsz.jpg

9wf0VcB.jpg

yT8Owbb.jpg

I did a little research before I picked this up, and I saw the Legion USA version was $50 more expensive than Atlantic, or Mississipi but it also has the railed hand guard, and railed gas block, and they have free shipping so when I factored it all in the choice was easy. I also ordered their 10 round mag.

As always Alex is a pleasure to deal with.

I'll be taking this to the range on Monday and see how she runs, I'll post some extra pictures after I run through a few boxes of shells.

• Like 1

New toy I just picked up.

This is my first Vepr, I have a 433 from Legion USA, and I was browsing their website and came across this little beauty.

Just unpacked it

mJyLzms.jpg

YkIMJYn.jpg

cDAzXDW.jpg

Put a spare 433 magazine I had lying around

BRu4Vsz.jpg

9wf0VcB.jpg

yT8Owbb.jpg

I did a little research before I picked this up, and I saw the Legion USA version was $50 more expensive than Atlantic, or Mississipi but it also has the railed hand guard, and railed gas block, and they have free shipping so when I factored it all in the choice was easy. I also ordered their 10 round mag.

As always Alex is a pleasure to deal with.

I'll be taking this to the range on Monday and see how she runs, I'll post some extra pictures after I run through a few boxes of shells.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

I like the Legion offering, on their site now they show one with a chaos rail as well.

Nice if you want the railed gas block, all done for you before you even receive.

However, they say permanently attached muzzle device. WHY? Why is the muzzle device perm attached? Now I can't put on a brake of my choosing. seriously?

I read that the barrel is too short and the muzzle device is pinned in order to be "permanently attached" to extend the barrel. So remove the muzzle device since you were going to install a brake anyway.

Not always that easy.

Due to the barrel thickness these are generally not pinned.

Which means they are normally soldered. Heating the thin barrel to that temp to remove it, then re-heating again to reattach - even after the initial heat cycle to attach the Legion muzzle device - can severely weaken the barrel.

That's three really hot heat cycles on thin material.

It's pinned, my gunsmith said he can take it off, I'm going to wait until I have some more disposable funds available. I'm going to swap the brake because the barrel is threaded and the brake is the only part of the gun I'm not feeling.

Here is the welded on ring, it seems like it's very simple to remove

cQuT4CL.jpg

Edited by kitchengunsmith433

Interesting. Is the stock welded as well? Thank you for the pictures. A great deal with the extra rails. I have the railed gas block & still have not decided to get the railed hand guard. I like the way they look but I am sure I would not like they way they feel with recoil. Have the idea of having the barrel chopped with a GK01 or clone & add the gas block then.