Kalinka Optics Belarus BP-02 (low centered) review

I ordered on Saturday from Kalinka Optics Warehouse for $63 total, and it shipped on Monday and I got it Wed.. (so YMMV)

Decided to do a mini-review for you folks.. have it on my new VEPR in 54R..

The mount is pretty stout (Russian) and hefty.. think I read like 11 oz online..

All cell pictures.. sorry..

The mount.. has steel pins on the side next to the screws as well.. This is touted as a WEAVER rail.. so when buying rings be forewarned.

mount1.jpg

It has a built in sight channel so you can possibly see the rear and front sight post with scope mounted..

seethruchannel.jpg

You will need to adjust the lever on the bottom to snug to your rail.. this is pretty simple to do..

adjustment1.jpg

Pop the bottom piece up a hair out of the dimple and pivot outward..

adjustment2.jpg

Remove that part and notice the star notches.. keep an eye on the small washer/spacer..

Hand tighten the screw without the lever on it till snug to your side rail on your AK/Variant.. then replace the clip and snap back into the dimple..

You may need to do this once or twice to make the handle not be 'floppy'..

The height is about 3/16" above the top cover.. so it is low..

height1.jpg

Here is a side picture showing the height compared to the rear sight leaf (set at 100 yards).. notice the bottom of the mount curve is almost matching the bottom edge of the sight leaf (set at 100 yards)..

height2.jpg

Heres a picture with it mounted so you can see the sight channel and how it works.. pic is angled. and slightly elevated to show MORE of the rear sight.. you get about 1mm of the rear sight (when set at 100 yards).. You get about 1.5mm showing at the 200 yards setting.. etc..

seethruonrifle.jpg

Once I adjusted out the slop in the throw-lever this thing is solid. I note about 1/4 of a mm (sliver/hair) of tilt/cant when looking from the rear down toward the muzzle with the left side being low and the right side being high.. again.. this could be the machining or maybe the rifle..

Heres a crappy 8am picture with it on my VEPR 54R

mounted.jpg

Other notes.. black hardware would be nice.. the silver screws are BRIGHT.. the lever is ok though..

I will be testing it with my incoming 3-9x40 scope with medium rings and will report back on ZERO and such.. (then I will paint the screws flat black)

Edited by YWHIC
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...