New Guy

Hi

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am a member on the FAL Files and another member gave me this link. I'm glad he did! The info here is outstanding! I have had many AK's but am new to the AK style shotgun. I just ordered a converted Saiga 12 from Classic Firearms and waiting on delivery. I don't know who does the conversions for them, but I hope it's well done. I wish I had known about this sight prior. I'm sure with the combined wealth of knowlege on this board, I should be able to get a good grip concerning the Saiga 12.

Mike

Thanks for the welcome.

I was afraid of Classic using Century for the conversions. I have had problems with some of the Century AK's in the past. Nothing that I couldn't fix but all the same.. I called Classic and since they did not process my order for the Saiga yet, I cancelled it and ordered a Vepr 12. It worked out to be a couple hundred more, however, it will work out in the end. Some of the mods I was going to make on the Saiga are stock with the Vepr.

Edited by mpnv

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you are aware that the Vepr has a mag well and therefore needs mag well mags and is not compatible with drums.

Anybody know if you can strip the mag well off of the Vepr and use normal S-12 mags and drums?

I think you made the right call mpnv. I can't bitch about classic/century because I've never used their services, but a lot of people on here have had less than satisfactory experiences with the conversion results. My VEPR is on the way as well and I'm pumped. Welcome!

Welcome.

before buying any part google for older threads about it. I guarantee you any questions you may have have been discussed in detail.

the internal search feature does not work as well as googling "forum.saiga12.com Blank Blank" for whatever your quesiton is.

For the Vepr, the only things you should need to buy are going to be magazines and a few compliance parts. sounds like the trigger group is the way to go for that, and one more part such as a US pistol grip, if yours comes with a US made plastic stock.

The gun is very complete out of the box.