Tromix Rifled Barrel

Last night there was an awesome episode of Sons of Guns. Tony received several plugs and compliments from Will. One of the weapons they built was an S12 with a rifled barrel. Back on July 18 2012 Tony posted that Tromix will be manufacturing rifled barrels for the S12. Is there any more info as to availability, price, etc, etc, etc.?

man i,d love to see tromix start manufacturing rifled barrels , will made a comment lastnight on sog when he was attempting to thread the barrel without a thread starter that he was about to screw up a 1000.00$ barrel , i for one wouldnt have a problem with that . but im guessing that,s wills price . and im not sure tony really wants to take the time to get terribly serious about producing them due to limited interest and so many other lucretive products that need attention ,at least thats what ive gathered from several other threads on this subject over the last couple years . but no doubt that slug gun on sog is without a doubt the baddest deer slayer on earth .

Yeah....in the time that it took that make that barrel, I could have made twice that just building S-17 SBS shotguns.

Something must have changed with the build spec from the time Will asked for the barrel and when they filmed it. I thought it was going to be an SBS around 8 to 12 inches, so I just made it like an OEM barrel, leaving it unthreaded, figuring Will would handle the "short barrel" mods. But in the show, it looks like they left the barrel as-is and just cut a couple inches off of it and threaded it. If I had known that, I would have just shipped it to them already threaded.

• Like 2

In the show, they decided to make the "duckbill" gun the SBS, and leave the longer barrel on the slug gun for better long-range (relatively speaking) accuracy. :)

I wish they could have shown a 100 yd. group of 5 or 10 rnds. from it.

I didn't give it a second thought about not being threaded. It was entertaining watching Will FUBAR the barrel by getting in a hurry and trying to thread it without using a TAT (thread alignment tool). Joe was on the ball by turning down the TAT so it fit into the rifled barrel while Will was fucking it up. Then to have to cut off a couple inches so it could be done correctly. Oh well.....just goes to show that even the experts SNAFU things when they get in a hurry.