Sightron 3-9x40 Mil-Dot Review..

I ordered a BP-02 (low centered mount) for my new VEPR in 762x54R

I also found a SIGHTRON 3-9x40 Mil-Dot scope for $138 (on clearance for $99 at SWFA this week).. they have good online reviews.

Crappy cell pictures.

scopemounted2.jpg

3-9x40 marked adjustment knob (knurled).. Includes a decent set of dustcovers that swing up.. rubberized edges..

The threading that shows.. the ring doesn't move (must be glued/loctited).. its just there...

There is no fast focus ring on this either.. Clarity from the glass is crystal clear even indoor lighting works..

magring.jpg

Eye relief is 3.6"-4.5" (estimated from online reading) pending on magnification..

The cheapy medium rings got me about 3/16" of room above the rear sight leaf.. we'll see how they hold up to the recoil.. LoL.

The front bell is huge at 1.85".. it says 60" of elevation (online).. it has a 1" tube..

clearance.jpg

Finger adjustable turrents for windage and elevation.. and they click.. 1/4" = 1. Not resettable to zero..

adjustmentturrent.jpg

I had to mount the scope abit forward as the eye-relief is good at up to say 6x but at 9x I would have had to shift my cheek weld too much..

I would normally adjust the stock.. but shooting in NJ had me pin it..

I managed 1 picture with the digital camera before the batteries died..

smallrfle.jpg

Maybe Sunday I will get out and test it..

Edited by YWHIC