Has anyone ever have a magazine get rimlocked?

Just looking for some information, the MKA1919 has an interesting design that differs from the saiga and USAS magazines quite a bit.. Just interested if its ever happened.

PS if you've never had it happen you can say that too.

Rimlock, the rims become stuck with the top round behind the round below it. Thus generating a jam.

Unusual for that to happen as the rounds load by sliding progressively in front of each other. Maybe a weak mag spring so that recoil bounces the shells inside the mag and one rim gets stuck behind another. A lot more common with stripper loaded military rifles that have rimmed cartridges. 7.62x54R , .303Brit, etc.

I'm wondering if rimlock is what you would call what happened once to me. round got all sorts of odd feeding, couldn't drop the mag or pull the bolt. had to pull on the bolt, or rather hold it, got a piece of wood off the ground and worked the shell out like that, it was odd. Kind of like a stove pipe from hell in a 1911

Rim lock is only a malfunction of the magazine related to incorrectly stacked ammo. In the Mka 1919 it would result in a bolt locked back on the round in the magazine.

AR-12, I'm assuming that your probably running an extension mag? That would likely be a result of to little spring tension.

Ok I looked at my factory MKA mags and I can get them to rim lock.. Its the follower not the magazine body at fault. The follower can tip nose down and allow the rounds to link.

If the follower tracked the ribs of the magazine it would likely not have this problem at all.

Thanks for the help.