Pictures and Words on Guns, Cool or Douchey?

So I've tinkered with, put together, modified some guns. I was thinking about painting something on them like an animal or cool phrase.

Top choices: "Bring the Ruckus"

Stencil of a dragon

Anyone else done this already? (pics please) Is this cool or douchey?

He's always the party pooper anyway.laugh.png

Whats really douchey to me is hanging every treaking thing you can think of off your rifle just b/c it has rails!

I think that dust cover is funny as hell!! Not sure I'd put it on my AR but its pretty awesome!

• Like 2

Not "douchey," but tacky, yes. Anothing much other than manufacturer, importer, caliber, and serial info, I don't want it on a gun. Manufacturer logos get a pass, but some manufacturers are known for their "provocative" logos these days.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

I know it's been done before (a lot) but I'm a big fan of the biohazard symbol.

post-32852-0-30909000-1351221791_thumb.jpg

I picked up these takedown pins because it's a little more unique than OEM, but not over-the-top. I think as long as you keep it pretty simple, it's nice to have your own little touch (even if it's someone else's work.)

• Like 1

i second the "if you are a douche, its douchey" concept...i have a cz 75 that i colored in hte "made in czechoslovakia" with red, and i had a buddy that says his granpappy took a p38 off a german that had him saluting swastika on one side and family on the other. under the grips, that is, clear grips...so i like non permanent mods bascially...

creeperriflestock.jpg

That'ssss a very nice idea you have there...

Whatever kind of artwork you go for, make sure it's classy and kind of subdued. I'm sure those Serbs or Croats that put Beverly Hills 90210 stickers on their rifle stocks are kind of regretted it. Some sort of interlace art like Celtic knots would be cool, I think.

If it were me, any writing would be in Latin or some runic language. Why? Partly because I'm pretentious but also because they, the runes especially, would be reminiscent of the inscriptions borne by swords in The Lord of the Rings.

• Like 3

So much of what we do to our weapons is more cosmetic than functional. Converting to "traditional" AKM looks on Saigas with wood and conventional handguards is a perfect example - the Saiga handguard is longer and totally functional, but it looks like a Saiga and not a traditional AKM.

This is the same reason why $90 Chinese optics are made to look like ACOG's and why we have designer fucking colors like "Urban Dark Earth" and other "tactical" sounding shit.

It's because guns are Barbie dolls for many, many grown men. I am totally guilty of this.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and shit that one person thinks is cool, another person thinks is douchy.

Anyone else done this already? (pics please) Is this cool or douchey?

What flavor of douche?

post-4669-0-82566400-1351266624_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I try to keep my tools as plain as possible for two reasons;

1. When I was working, the rule of the day was to be "the grey man" -- to not be noticed. Now that I'm retired I find it is hard to lose the old habits.

2. If I have to use any in a defensive sit, I don't want a prosecuting attorney using it to paint me as being something I'm not.

Edited by Odd Man Out