Each part counts as one. But US made parts don't count against you. If you were to put on a foreign made combo it would count against you as two. Except for the izhmash 'saiganov' stock, because that was origninally approved by EAA and RAA for importation as sporting, so 922r was not triggered. Now it is unclear whether a pistol grip alone triggers 922r or not.

I believe what Jetmech means is that you have only removed one foreign part: the butt. Assuming that the stock/pg combo was made in USA.

As always, it is about the total number of foreign parts on this list:Gunwiki: 922® Worksheet for Saiga Shotguns. Adding american parts is not the point. deleting foreign parts is the point.

At the minimum, you would still need to eliminate the stock plus one more 922r part to use a US made magazine that holds more than 5 rounds.

Each part counts as one. But US made parts don't count against you. If you were to put on a foreign made combo it would count against you as two. Except for the izhmash 'saiganov' stock, because that was origninally approved by EAA and RAA for importation as sporting, so 922r was not triggered. Now it is unclear whether a pistol grip alone triggers 922r or not.

I believe what Jetmech means is that you have only removed one foreign part: the butt. Assuming that the stock/pg combo was made in USA.

As always, it is about the total number of foreign parts on this list:Gunwiki: 922® Worksheet for Saiga Shotguns. Adding american parts is not the point. deleting foreign parts is the point.

At the minimum, you would still need to eliminate the stock plus one more 922r part to use a US made magazine that holds more than 5 rounds.

Saiga rifles come imported with fourteen 922r countable parts.

US made butt stock or hand guard along with US made mag(3parts)will bring you to the magic number.

Ten or less foreign parts is required to use mags with more then 10 rounds, or other 'evil' features to comply with 922r.

US made butt stock or hand guard along with US made mag(3parts)will bring you to the magic number.

Ten or less foreign parts is required to use mags with more then 10 rounds, or other 'evil' features to comply with 922r.

Okay, so...on my .223, I only need to replace 4 parts?

Jetmech-- what you say is true For rifles. The shotguns have one more part for 15 total parts. click the link. above. The revised study letters count both the puck and the "operating rod". They changed the count last fall from 14 to fifteen. It messed up my build plan.

Jetmech-- what you say is true For rifles. The shotguns have one more part for 15 total parts. click the link. above. The revised study letters count both the puck and the "operating rod". They changed the count last fall from 14 to fifteen. It messed up my build plan.

Your correct on the shotguns, Sam is asking about a Saiga 223 rifle.